Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I had an unlocked 680. Switched to the Centro and now the interface is REALLY junked up with some apps.

Example Mobi TV or Music ID. You can't get rid of these!!!

Frustrating..

Will they have to sit there forever??
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
  2. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    You have 2 choices:

1) Find a custom ROM on these boards, load it, and void your Centro's warranty. It'll get rid of the carrier-branded apps, and maybe some of the others like My Treo, Quick Tour, etc.

2) Use an app to hide icons or a 3rd party launcher--many of them can hide apps you don't use/want. Even on an unlocked Treo, I still hide apps like My Treo and Quick Tour, and default apps (calendar, email, etc.) since I use ones I add on (Datebk6, ChatterEmail...).
    I use a free program called ApplicationsPanl. Once you install it, it shows up in the Pref application. Works great!

You can get it here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...05&postcount=4
    Step up and be Green!

Take the stairs rather than the elevator. It's good for you, it's good for the Earth, it's good for all of us.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Franko353 this is exactly what I needed!!!! This site ROCKS!!
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
  5. e40
    Into a new category (Unfiled?). That's what I do.