1.    #1  
    I've seen a small antenna advertised for the 700p. Has anyone used it? How is the reception?

Thanks.

Daryl
    Quote Originally Posted by rosede View Post
    I've seen a small antenna advertised for the 700p. Has anyone used it? How is the reception?

Thanks.

Daryl

I use the short Treo Antenna. The reception is no different with Short Antenna or the original antenna.

3.    #3  
    Thanks Treotraveler. I appreciate the reply.

Daryl
    I've been using Zoti's antenna for about a year and a half and it works just as well as the original. Shadowmite did some measurements of the RF output and reception and they were very close to the same before and after (negligible difference).

His site used to be http://www.treoantenna.com, but it seems either slow or not working today.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=117934

Hope this helps.
    ^more kudos for treoantenna - better than zero antenna (the competitor) in performance. Used it on my 700P when it first came out. Reception is equivalent to OEM. Had some fitting issues with the first version but I'm sure ver. 2 fixed that. Good luck.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Yeah, I got version 2 and it looks great.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for all of the replys. I actually ordered one of these antennas, but now my phone is dead, and I'm not sure if I will be using it. I'm so disappointed in my new phone, that I may just start looking for something else.

Thanks.

Daryl
    the reception on my treo sucks with the factory antenna when compared to other cell phone. I loose reception every where - even in the downtown areas of cities (no large buildings around). How can we improve reception? I am on VZW and the network stays home when i travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by bling300c View Post
    the reception on my treo sucks with the factory antenna when compared to other cell phone. I loose reception every where - even in the downtown areas of cities (no large buildings around). How can we improve reception? I am on VZW and the network stays home when i travel.
    Bling if i were you i would demand a new phone.In the contract they must provide signal in reasonable places. Squeaky wheel get's the grease
    Are there any "pull out antenna" for Treo? I like it because it gives better signal...
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    For the month of April I'm offering $5 off any short antenna from TreoAntenna.com.

That means the short antenna is just $14.95. I've managed to lower the cost of shipping to $4.95. A torx #5 screwdriver is $4.95.
    I've been using my treoantenna.com antenna since Nov 2006 with no complaints. It's really an internal antenna rather than a short antenna and to my way of thinking is a massive improvement in appearance for my old 650.
    Last edited by johncc; 01/19/2010 at 05:50 PM. Reason: remove obsolete avatar reference
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Heard that there was only a slight difference with the reception once the small antenna was used.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Just wanted to say I ordered a short treoantenna from zoti's site on Jan 6 and it arrived here in Canada on Jan 19.

I still like using my 700p (I depend on Datebk5 and some older time-billing software which only work on PalmOS), but the OEM antenna made it look too dated, like the three year old phone it is. Now, with the short antenna, my phone only looks about 1 year old, LOL. I should have gotten one years ago (it used to cost about $40, but now it sells for about $13).

I bought the light grey which matches up great with the Telus coloured 700p. Install was a breeze; I did not care about preserving the warranty sticker. SignalMeter shows ever slight difference in signal, but so far no problems with making calls. I will moniter signal over the next few days.

Anybody want to buy a #5 torx screwdriver, used only once?
    Quote Originally Posted by funpig View Post
    Just wanted to say I ordered a short treoantenna from zoti's site on Jan 6 and it arrived here in Canada on Jan 19.

I still like using my 700p (I depend on Datebk5 and some older time-billing software which only work on PalmOS), but the OEM antenna made it look too dated, like the three year old phone it is. Now, with the short antenna, my phone only looks about 1 year old, LOL. I should have gotten one years ago (it used to cost about $40, but now it sells for about $13).

I bought the light grey which matches up great with the Telus coloured 700p. Install was a breeze; I did not care about preserving the warranty sticker. SignalMeter shows ever slight difference in signal, but so far no problems with making calls. I will moniter signal over the next few days.

Anybody want to buy a #5 torx screwdriver, used only once?
    If it will fit the screws that open the case I would be interested as it might be the same size screws for the 755p?

Edited: I just checked and a #5 will work - how much delivered - and is it a screw driver style with a handle or an "L" shape like an allen wrench.
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 01/20/2010 at 12:32 AM.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I was kinda half joking about selling the torx screwdriver. Not sure if it will fit 755p, but I will keep it to crack open my 700p in case I need to do any surgery in the future.

Short antenna performance is reasonable so far. With the OEM antenna, the RSSi signal was about 58 at work (cell tower nearby) and about 90 at home (poor to moderate coverage). With the short antenna, the RSSI signal dropped to about 62 at work and about 94 at home. I use SignalMeter; the lower the RSSI, the better the signal. At home, it seemed like my calls were cutting out more than usual. Will continue to test and see. My home cell signal can be variable depending upon battery strength, weather, which part of the house I stand in, my mood etc.
    Last edited by funpig; 01/19/2010 at 11:28 PM.
    funpig,

I just saw your post - no problem - I have taken my 755p apart a couple times using a jewelers screw driver - once to replace a screen and just now to replace a Dpad with worn off chrome with a new one from a spare parts bin - thats why I didn't see your last post - as I just did the little repair.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    TreoAntenna.com online store will be closing soon. This is your last chance to get the short antenna for the Treo 650 or Treo 700.

I know there are not a lot of those phones out there anymore but if you still have them then that's the last chance.