Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If only Kinoma would operate in the background when you need to switch applications and also had a better volume control interface like Pocket Tunes has.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmTreo650User View Post
    If only Kinoma would operate in the background when you need to switch applications and also had a better volume control interface like Pocket Tunes has.
    As Charles already mentioned, the first item is more a problem with PalmOS itself than Kinoma.

A full featured graphic equalizer is always a good thing though, and I'd love to see one in Kinoma.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    i need to view streaming video from surveillance video camera, have KINOMA v.4 but not be able to connect to the camera with IP Address. Please help if anyone has any suggestion

thank you

mdavi
    I'm sure if they could do it they would but why is it that Pocket Tunes runs perfectly in the background while you switch applications and even will automatically pause when a call arrives and then continue after you finish but Kinoma can't do the same.
    Not really stating it can or can't, but audio + video uses a lot more resources than just audio.
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    Not really stating it can or can't, but audio + video uses a lot more resources than just audio.
    I'm not knocking Kinoma, but it shuts down when you switch applications even when it's just playing audio. All I'm saying is that it would be great if Kinoma (which delivers outstanding customer service by the way) was able to contiune playing while you're doing something else on your Treo such as checking your calendr or contacts.

Just part of my wish list of additional features. Or maybe if Pocket Tunes could handle the programs that Kinoma plays...
    Did someone write that Kinoma plays Flash files???

I think I'm sold on that alone. And I'm not sure why we had to google to find out how we get the discount but to spoil the surprise I think I'll just post the link...
    <insert evil laugh>
  8.    #28  
    I used the discount link and purchased it on Friday. So far seems pretty nice. I get one annoying thing though. It tries to synch all my media files and keeps freezing on some MP3's. I changed the setting so it should only do manual synch's but it still tries to synch at launch. I just hit the cancel button.

I do not need the audio player because I have pocket tunes deluxe. Anyone have a similar experience?
    Quote Originally Posted by onekoolfella View Post
    Did someone write that Kinoma plays Flash files???
    There are a few different types of Flash files, and Kinoma Player plays FLV files with Sorenson Spark video (used by YouTube, etc.).

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by compo View Post
    It [...] keeps freezing on some MP3's.
    Ooof, I don't think I've heard of an MP3 file that would freezing Kinoma Player.

Would you mind contacting our support folks so they can arrange to get access to any files that cause a freeze?

Otherwise, as an alternative please feel free to post them somewhere and send me a note at "charles" at the Kinoma domain.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by franko353 View Post
    I think Kinoma is really cool. This is the one program that I show people that makes them say WOW about the Centro.

I used to download podcast and then copy them over to my iPod or other mp3 player to listen to them. This isn't a hard process, just tedious.

With Kinoma, I can now stream them directly...plus Kinoma remembers where I stopped listening so I can start up again later. ( I wish Kinoma would would work with Audible.com so I could stream my books...hmm...I bet I could do this somehow with my Linux server...)

Now I can easily listen to all my favorite podcast while I am in my car and while shopping/doing errands and other tedious stuff. You can also listen to a bunch of radio stations.
    I think you can use Audible Air to do exactly what you are describing, but I could be wrong. Audible does have a player for the Palm, though. It sounds like you might not know that or have it. It's free and assuming you have an account, you just add the books to your memory card via Audible desktop, or you can also get them OTA (Audible Air) and I'm almost positive you can stream.
    I'm not knocking Kinoma, but it shuts down when you switch applications even when it's just playing audio.
    Palm OS isn't a multitasking OS, so apps have to quit when asked.

All I'm saying is that it would be great if Kinoma (which delivers outstanding customer service by the way) was able to contiune playing while you're doing something else...
    We agree that that would be very cool. We look forward to being able to do this in a safe way with the next Palm OS.

...why is it that Pocket Tunes runs perfectly in the background while you switch applications and even will automatically pause when a call arrives and then continue after you finish but Kinoma can't do the same.
    It's not a matter of difficulty. It's just not wise to hack around Palm OS limitations. We're proud of the fact that you can purchase and use Kinoma Player and know that it won't hurt the overall reliabilty of your phone.

I understand that for people who must have background playback, Kinoma Player isn't going to be your primary player. We hope that folks will still find us indispensible for other reasons, and that people can appreciate why we're taking a stand on reliability.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Can you skin Kinoma player?

It looks black & white. Can you have themes or different color scheme's.
    Quote Originally Posted by onekoolfella View Post
    Can you skin Kinoma player?
    No, sorry.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    I personally think it's better separated.

PTunes for background audio playback.

Video background playback I can't even really see being that useful in general...

This keeps both programs simpler, smaller and more reliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavi View Post
    i need to view streaming video from surveillance video camera, have KINOMA v.4 but not be able to connect to the camera with IP Address. Please help if anyone has any suggestion
    If you contact our support team, they'll be glad to help you out.

-- Charles Wiltgen
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12