1.    #1  
    I am trying to figure out how I would connect to a socket using C++ and Garnet OS. I want to be able to allow the user to click a sign in button then have the application connect to a server that then allows the user to enter a chat program
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSD08 View Post
    I am trying to figure out how I would connect to a socket using C++ and Garnet OS. I want to be able to allow the user to click a sign in button then have the application connect to a server that then allows the user to enter a chat program
    Sorry AUSD08, I know nothing about C++ or internet technologies so I was probably the wrong person to ask.

But I can tell you there are lots of opensource PalmOS software that connect to the internet, maybe you can get what you want from there. Try SourceForge or something. And of course there is code search and Google. There are also plenty of tutorials on this very thing available on the web and graciously made available by enthusiastic PalmOS developers.

You may also want to look at NVBackup (opensource) by Alex Pruss that connects to the internet to sync time. I suppose you could modify it or something, don't know if it is in C++ or some other language.

- mvk