1.    #1  
    I use Resco Backup and just started doing scheduled nightly backups. I only have it set to do an Update. But I have checked in once the next morning and verified the backup and it shows one or two items that were changed, and I have to click Update to bring them up to date on the backup.

So do most of you use the Full Backup option for scheduled backups, and if you do, do you still have to verify the backups in the morning? thanks
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    dollface,
    I do a full back up every night. I change so much stuff during the day, I want the most current info I can. I do not verify the backups but once in a blue moon.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
  3.    #3  
    thanks for your quick reply. You know I read the Resco manual and I just can't get straight whether you need to do that verify step. I mean, you will have the most recent photo of your phone whether you do a verify or not, right? I am going to change it to a full backup every night.

Thanks!
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Same as thecigarman. I do full backups and don't verify.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Yes dollface, the only reason to verify I believe is to double check for errors. I guess it would make sense, but the only file that doesn't back up for me is my bluetooth headset. everything else is there.........
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Oh, sorry I didn't address that part of your question dollface. I used to verify, but I don't anymore. After using it for almost 2.5 years I trust it, so I don't feel the need to do so after every backup. It has saved my **** several times!
  7.    #7  
    thank you both, a lot. I changed my schedule to be a nightly full backup............ and will throw the verify to the wind Can I ask one more question, if you have to do a restore to your phone from Resco, do you always do a hard reset first? there is some screen that pops up when you do a full restore that says about doing a reset first.
    Last edited by dollface; 02/20/2008 at 07:33 AM.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    The only time I do a restore is because I had to do a hard reset I would...
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    I could've sworn I replied to this last night.

Oh well, I guess I"ll just say it again. Like thecigarman said, most of the time you'll be restoring because you had to do a hard reset...but sometimes you will install a newer version of something and find that it's kind of wonky. In those situations I have done a partial restore of that app (after deleting the wonky one). But the typical situation is when you've had to do a hard reset...or the device did it for you!
  10.    #10  
    Thank you again both. Ohappydaye, you had a rough night last night, with all those posts disappearing!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    Thank you again both. Ohappydaye, you had a rough night last night, with all those posts disappearing!!
    Maybe I was posting in my dreams? Me not know.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohappydaye View Post
    Maybe I was posting in my dreams? Me not know.
    I was just thinking how inseparable my treo is with me, it sits next to me all day at work, on the coffee table next to me during the evening and next to my pillow at night (I use it as my alarm). Kind of scary, the attachment there Good thing I got this backup thing figured out, this phone is sort of a life line to me now. Have a great day!
    Try NVBackup.
    Yes NVBack up is great. I love everything that Pruss does, but since I paid for Resco Backup I tend to use it more. Sometimes I use both in the same night, but mostly just Resco.

Can't go wrong with a Pruss app though!