Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I just found out my touch screen went out on me but only in one area of the screen. I usually move around the treo using buttons so should I let this bother me enough to switch the phone out before I go on a quick vacation (4 days)? This will be my only means of email and phone access and plan to use the phone side of things heavily due to meeting up with family who are all congregating together. What are your thoughts. TIA

UPDATE:
    The Hard Reset and Resco Backup Restore seemed to fix it!!!! I think the cause was Kinoma, it freaked out on me just a few minutes before I was trying to use the stylus on the screen.
    THANKS HHSP USER!!!!
    Last edited by theecigarman; 02/19/2008 at 03:44 PM. Reason: UPDATE
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    If you take it to a repair store they may be able to just swap it out without much trouble as long as you have the insurance and repair on your account.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    ^syphex, I do have the insurance and repair option. I guess I could just do a back up while I am waiting for help and then swap it out. I will try a store near my office today. I just didn't want to go through the whole call and wait for it to be shipped, then have to jump through the hoops to activate it before I go on vacation, but the more I dwell on it the more frustrated I get. It's less than a month old..........
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    you can try the hard reset first. perhaps the problem is caused by some application in your phone that did not work properly. usually that's a normal sign of a phone having that kind of application. just give it a try before you bring it back to the store for repair or replacement. if this will work, at least somehow save some of your time.
    "If you bring forth what is within you, it will heal you. And if you do not bring forth what is within you, it will destroy you." (from the Gospel of St. Thomas)
    or try calibrating the digitizer first...
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    or try calibrating the digitizer first...
    That was my first thought. Everytime I hit the first bullseye (target) the done button would highlight and close the process......

As far as the hard reset, I will try that. I need to check my backup from last night first........

turns out it is the right side of the screen that is not responding to the stylus. UGH. Trying the hard reset now.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    BTW even thought it is fixed, do you use a screen protector? Dust sometimes get under the margin near the case and can cause that problem. The side of a business card can sometimes clean it out.

BB
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blazorboy View Post
    BTW even thought it is fixed, do you use a screen protector? Dust sometimes get under the margin near the case and can cause that problem. The side of a business card can sometimes clean it out.

BB
    I don't have one installed yet, waiting on invisible shield to come home to papa. I did try the business card trick and even resorted to a little compressed air.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    Sorry, that exhausts my bag of tricks. Bad screens were not uncommon on some models (a number of such reports re the I500).

Good luck.

BB
    Quote Originally Posted by theecigarman View Post
    I don't have one installed yet, waiting on invisible shield to come home to papa. I did try the business card trick and even resorted to a little compressed air.
    Yikes, I would be afraid to go out of the house without a screensaver I love the Smartphone Experts screensavers, they apply easily and wash well and reapply again easily. pak of 3

I'm glad you got the touch screen back, enjoy your vacation.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    Yikes, I would be afraid to go out of the house without a screensaver I love the Smartphone Experts screensavers, they apply easily and wash well and reapply again easily. pak of 3

Right, NEVER leave home without protection! Especially when on vacation.

However, I found the SPE screen savers too thick. That is, I could no long use my finger to hit OK or the like on the screen. Also required hard pushed with stylus--at least the one I tried. I use Fellows (sp??) that I must cut to fit.

BB
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post

dollface, thanks for the well wishes. Grandma is turning 95, so we are having a nice family dinner. I just got my invisible shield in the mail when I got home from work and I will give that a try and let everyone know. As you can see from my sig, I have had many Treos and have never used a shield before. I do have one on my Zune and have been really pleased by the protection it provides the screen, hence the one for my Treo.

^BB, I did try the fellows brand on my zune before the invisible shield and it is like night and day different in clarity. Yes, they do cost more, but I would say it's worth it.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p