1.    #1  
    I switched from Key caps to TreoKeyhack b/c using Butler I set up my favorites Key Launcher and for some reason, KeyCaps wasn't allowing me to use the keys as favorites, but TreoKeyHack does.

I've read some comments in a few threads that a "new"(not sure how new) version of KeyCaps fixed the "favorites launching" issue and the "hede" usage.

Is that true?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Here you go. I just swapped out of TreoKeyHack b/c I was only using this hack so needed YAHM to run it, whereas KeyCaps runs by itself.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Wai Leung
    Palm IIIx, Palm IIIc, Handspring Visor, GSPDA G18, T650
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. So it allows you to use Butler's Keylauncher?

I'm the same way-i'd get rid of Yahm/Hack.
    Does this fix the hede issue? I dropped keycaps for treokeyhack because it slows the system less
  5.    #5  
    That's what I did. Keycaps also doesn't allow me to use Keylauncher, but I'd like to ditch the hack
    I've been using Keycaps with Keylauncher for a long time, with no issues.

What you need to do is install and enable Keycaps BEFORE installing Butler. Or, reinstall Butler after installing keycaps. Then, on the Keylauncher setup screen in Butler, you should see a button labelled KeyCaps Setup. But Butler only shows this button if it finds Keycaps during installation.

HTH,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  7.    #7  
    It worked, great!
  8.    #8  
    False Alarm-Not working, anymore. Is it a HEDE issue? I have keycaps, butler, SafeGuard and Keyshakes registering for HEDE. Frustrating, b/c I like using the keylauncher to launch from all apps.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinner23 View Post
    Thanks. So it allows you to use Butler's Keylauncher?

I'm the same way-i'd get rid of Yahm/Hack.
    What's the advantage of getting rid of yahm? Yahm is a stable and fast way of patching the system.
  10.    #10  
    I think i'm going back to Yahm/keyhack, as opposed to KeyCaps. It is more stable, than having to constantly fix the butler/KCaps situation. My only issue with YAHM, is the startup after reset, when it "asks" if it's ok to enable the hacks. It's caused resets on my treo. Any way around that?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Shinner23, sorry to hear your problems. Have you tried using PetitLaunch? I know this requires 2 key hits and then selecting the appropriate application to lauch but it will run from anywhere as where and also supports DA's.
    Wai Leung
    Palm IIIx, Palm IIIc, Handspring Visor, GSPDA G18, T650
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pruss View Post
    What's the advantage of getting rid of yahm? Yahm is a stable and fast way of patching the system.
    I find the same. keyhack is great

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    What is the "hede" issue?
    Pushing the Boundaries of Disorganization