1.    #1  
    I've read 2 other threads about this and am a little confused. Here is my understanding so far.

Tethering - Connect to your Centro to your computer and connect to the computer. Sprint sees that you are attached to ur cell phone and wants more $$ for this service
    Tether Hack - Not really stable or working, but sprint only detects this as normal web surfing not as an actual tether

USB modem - A method of Tethering?
    PDA Net - ? Another method of tethering?
    Anthing else?

Just trying to get some backround info on this. Ultimately i would love to use my cell phone for service w. my laptop at airports to connect to the internet and not have to pay any additional money then my unlimited data plan
    Both USB Modem and PDANet will do what you want. I personally recommend PDANet - easy to use and very reliable. Works with Bluetooth or USB cable. If you are Mac'ing, then USB Modem is the one to go with.

Ben
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Both USB Modem and PDANet will do what you want. I personally recommend PDANet - easy to use and very reliable. Works with Bluetooth or USB cable. If you are Mac'ing, then USB Modem is the one to go with.

Ben
    Will Sprint be able to detect that im tethering?
    I'm replying since I see you're online and just posted this. They say you can use it on occasion, like at an airport but they will detect it with regular, continued use.
  5.    #5  
    Ok, so i just gotta hope for a tether hack
    I really think that unless you're downloading from ThePirateBay or Mininova or streaming movies online Sprint isn't going to figure out. I use my Centro with my Mac on numerous occasions for a few months now and my bill is still the same. I browse the net and check emails. Nothing heavy of course. The misses and I and some friends recently drove to Myrtle Beach. I used the laptop the entire trip back and forth and the bill is still the same. Just depends on the usage.
  7.    #7  
    Wow, PDANet was very easy to install/use... Thanks guys.

Will def use when im in the airport Just gotta make sure not to DL too much