Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Other than the home page and what not, is there other software differences between the AT&T version and the Sprint version?
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    Other than the home page and what not, is there other software differences between the AT&T version and the Sprint version?
    I don't think Google Maps is preloaded. It also sounds like PocketTunes may be a little different (but I am not sure yet)
    Step up and be Green!

Take the stairs rather than the elevator. It's good for you, it's good for the Earth, it's good for all of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaluver View Post
    Excellent review Dieter! Reading it made me want a Centro even more. I'm going to wait for the Black one though.
    what black one? point me to some pics?I thought sprint had the black one?
    Tritan

May the Pda be with you!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tritan View Post
    what black one? point me to some pics?I thought sprint had the black one?
    Here's a pic of the black one that was posted by Rubso in another link on the Centro thread.
    http://www.wireless.att.com/business...0003j3709u6741
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    ON the centro for sprint or att can you get just a texting plan. wife is coming from a feature phone and wants texting threaded but not the internet or email functions.
    Tritan

Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Here's a pic of the black one that was posted by Rubso in another link on the Centro thread.
    http://www.wireless.att.com/business...0003j3709u6741
    thanks for the pics. I like the phone app on the att black centro, but If I get one I will stick with sprint for work reasons. Can I get the phone app for the sprint version?
    Tritan

Quote Originally Posted by tritan View Post
    ON the centro for sprint or att can you get just a texting plan. wife is coming from a feature phone and wants texting threaded but not the internet or email functions.
    I know first hand the Sprint version is threaded, and from Deiter's review it sounds like the Verizon's is too. Yes, on both versions you can get a text only plan added.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Get the Chief the Sero plan.
    Another picture of the Centro black at&t phone is on PhoneScoop. Look on site under news.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    When I was testing a GSM prototype of the Centro, it seemed as fast as the Treo 650, i.e. none of the lags of the Treo 680. Is this true in the production Centro as well?
    <A HREF="http://www.treotoday.net">Treo Today<A> - news, tips, tricks and more
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GFONG View Post
    Just ordered one unit from Expansys HK. The price is up US$20 compare to the 1st time I saw the offer. Received the order confirmation and said the stock will be available in 3 days...

http://www.expansys.com.hk/p.aspx?i=162933
    GFONG, you should have asked if anyone else in HK was interested in a joint order with you! I note there are negotiable discounts on any orders of 5 or more, and I was interested in getting one (I'm in HK as well), but have just cleaned up my 650 and it looks to have given it a new lease of life!
    Wai Leung
    Palm IIIx, Palm IIIc, Handspring Visor, GSPDA G18, T650
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I am working in HK. I have talked to the sales rep of ExpanSys HK. She said she has reported to their Head Office (I believe it is in UK.) about the incorrect information published in the website. She told me the unit is Black Color, no other color is available at this moment. It is GSM not CDMA. One interesting thing she told me was almost 50% of calls during the last two days were checking the Centro but she refused to tell me how many orders have been placed.

I am not sure whether you are able to place order in HK website but I will check with them. Also I will ask about the warrenty.
    GFONG, the current price now is around 2880 HKD (around 370 USD, from 2330 HKD or 298 USD a few days back). Is this the final price? I'm also in HK and I'm just afraid that they will jack the price back up to 3432 HKD (that's 299 Euros or 439 USD). I would like to order it now, but I'm not sure if they will have the right to increase the price once the product arrives. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by janric View Post
    GFONG, the current price now is around 2880 HKD (around 370 USD, from 2330 HKD or 298 USD a few days back). Is this the final price? I'm also in HK and I'm just afraid that they will jack the price back up to 3432 HKD (that's 299 Euros or 439 USD). I would like to order it now, but I'm not sure if they will have the right to increase the price once the product arrives. Thanks.
    The price is based on the moment you place the order.
    You know.. i dont know if anyone realizes.. the subtle difference between the sprint and At&T centro... doesnt that mean cases such as the crystal case will no longer fit with the hump on the back? Or is that little lip so minute that case fitment is not affected?
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    The price is based on the moment you place the order.
    Thanks GFONG, were you talk to expansys hk about the warranty? Does it cover hk? I saw two SKUs of the Centro and the expensive one has the official HK/China warranty (I think). Is the cheaper version from UK? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by miztahsparklez View Post
    You know.. i dont know if anyone realizes.. the subtle difference between the sprint and At&T centro... doesnt that mean cases such as the crystal case will no longer fit with the hump on the back? Or is that little lip so minute that case fitment is not affected?
    no,you're right--those cases are a perfect fit and leave no room for that hump.

Seidio, etc. will have to release special AT&T/GSM versions.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by franko353 View Post
    I don't think Google Maps is preloaded. It also sounds like PocketTunes may be a little different (but I am not sure yet)
    GM is not preloaded. When downloading, you will receive v1.2.0.9 that is not MyLocation enabled.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    no,you're right--those cases are a perfect fit and leave no room for that hump.

Seidio, etc. will have to release special AT&T/GSM versions.

Well, i have a palm air case on the way, as well as a centro.. hopefully palm was smart enough to make it with the change.. if not, ill probably be one of the first to complain. haha
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    Get the Chief the Sero plan.

I am in an affilliate market I can't get sero plans..
    Tritan

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janric View Post
    Thanks GFONG, were you talk to expansys hk about the warranty? Does it cover hk? I saw two SKUs of the Centro and the expensive one has the official HK/China warranty (I think). Is the cheaper version from UK? Thanks.
    Cheaper version (approx. HK$2,880) is from the UK, but expansys still offer their own warranty - 1 year from purchase.
    Wai Leung
    Palm IIIx, Palm IIIc, Handspring Visor, GSPDA G18, T650
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast