- 2 Hours of notes taking
    - 10 mins call
    - 100 sms
    - No email

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    No.
    I was going to say yes but I just noticed 100 sms'? You're dealing with the screen backlight at that point probably more than anything. Is there a smartphone that can handle all of that?

What part on that list is the battery killer? I didn't think it was the music if using wired headphones, the note taking is nothing and certainly not the phone calls.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I believe my Centro could hold up to that test, but just barely. Calls and constant data usage seem to be the biggest battery killers to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    What part on that list is the battery killer?
    Note taking because of the screen being constantly on--screens are the #1 draw of battery on smartphones.

Also, if you're doing 100 sms and have it set to vibrate each time, that'd take a hit as Vibrate is also at the top of the list for battery drainage.

I'd say you can do all on that list except maybe 1 hr of note-taking (instead of 2)...then again, I browse for that long at times with no issues. Also, depends on Edge vs EvDO as the latter sucks up more juice too.

If possible, turn off the phone radio during note taking and keep the screen around 20%.

My recommendation: try out PowerHero and help save/manage battery life.

I've done this in one day:

• 14hrs
    • 1:45hr of music
    • 10 SMS
    • 10 email (check every 1hr)
    • 1hr web browsing
    • 20mins of fiddling

At the end of the day: 44% left

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    But isn't the problem of connection to retrieve email a drainer?? My 680 does not auto disconnect after data retrieval or browser exit.
    Treo 180, 300, 600, 650, still regretting the 680, Centro, ...
    Waiting for the next worthy smart-phone while test-driving an iPhone for the last 3 months.
    Alert, alert, first time on a forum I used OP. The OP mentioned not using email in the scenario.
    Disabling beams and BT will help if you don't use them.

Using pull email instead of push helps a lot.

Music depends a lot on how you use it. If you just let the list play then the drain is a lot less than constantly turning on the screen to change songs + button inputs.
  9.    #9  
    Thank you for all your suggestions. I agree if want to use it for one day, I should make some changes on the settings:

- 2 Hours of music playing (Use wired headset and play list)

(Papped's recommendation: Music depends a lot on how you use it. If you just let the list play then the drain is a lot less than constantly turning on the screen to change songs + button inputs.)

(BCVP's recommedation: Use wired headset)

- 2 Hours of notes taking (Adjust the backlight to the lowest readable brightness / turn off the phone radio.)

(Malatesta's recommendation: If possible, turn off the phone radio during note taking and keep the screen around 20%)

- 100 sms (Turn off vibration)

(Malatesta's recommendation: Also, if you're doing 100 sms and have it set to vibrate each time, that'd take a hit as Vibrate is also at the top of the list for battery drainage.)

- Others (Turn off BT and BEAM)

(Papped's recommedation: Disabling beams and BT will help if you don't use them.)

Thanks.
    If your taking 2 hours of notes, try and bring a charger and sit next to a plug.
    Charge it through your notebook could be another option.
    I'm going to say yes.
    I listen to muisc/audiobooks from about 9am-530pm, 1 hour break for lunch (wired headset used)
    Chatteremail on checking mail every 30 min
    about 25 calls averaging 2 mins
    1 hour of internet.
    Screen on dimmest setting, Beam recieve off, bluetooth off.

As off 1030pm my Centro gave me the Low battery warning.

Basically after 530pm, what I consider a day, I put the Centro on the car charger for the 15 min drive home.