Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://www.toysoft.ca/ts_images/piclink_11.jpg http://www.toysoft.ca/ts_images/piclink_dial.jpg http://www.toysoft.ca/ts_images/piclink_sms.jpg http://www.toysoft.ca/ts_images/piclink_google.jpg http://www.toysoft.ca/ts_images/piclink_mm.jpg

PictureLink is the easiest way to dial a phone number, launch a website site, compose email and sms, get a predefined Google Map, change PocketTunes™ playlist and run applications from SD card.

Picture Link is system utility to create short cut links with customized picture on the Launcher. Short cut link can be launched on the Launcher just like any application. There are 8 different short cuts that you can create: Dial a phone number, Compose a new email, Compose a new SMS, launch a website, get Google map, launch a Kinoma streaming site, change Application’s icon and running application off the SD card and Play a PocketTunes™ Playlist.

With short cut link you no longer have to search the Contact to dial your most dialed numbers. You can even assign the short cut key to any hard button and instantly dial the person. All short cuts can be assigned to a hard key for quick launch.

If you are a PocketTunes™ user you can easily create short cut play list and instantly switch playlist without launching PocketTunes™.
    SMS and Email templates can be created. This will eliminate time consuming process to launch the SMS or Email application and then select New to compose a message. With short cut you can start typing as soon as the short cut is launched.

Short cuts can be created for applications on the SD card and can be run on the Launcher. The advantage of creating a short cut is to save main memory and to have all the applications in one category thus you do not have to look search Categories.

Picture Link is compatible with the TreoŽ Launcher application and 3rd party Launchers.

Click here for more details www.toysoft.ca/piclink.html
    Last edited by Toysoft; 02/24/2008 at 06:42 PM. Reason: New release.
    Visit www.toysoft.ca for Treo software.
    Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!
    Couple of odd behaviors (Bugs?):

(1) I used the application icon changer to assign an icon to a web link created in SharkLink. It created a second icon on the Launcher. I deleted the SharkLink link, but have no way to get rid of the PicLink link.

(2) I use TreoLauncher. Whenever I have launched PicLink, the first time I return to TreoLauncher, my custom background is missing. If I launch a different app then return to TreoLauncher, the background is back.
    I'm liking this for webshortcuts and PTunes playlists, so I figure I'd use a Trial version. I'm disappointed that I can only set up two links using the Trial version-It says "only 3 allowed", but I can only do 2. The trial doesn't allow enough use to see if I really like it. Granted, $9.95 isn't that bad, but I don't like to clutter my phone with unnecessary apps.
    I set up a Ptunes playlist, icon appeared on my main Apps list(good). I clicked on it and it paused for a few seconds (as if loading), then just put me back to the main apps page, and not the playlist/ptunes.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    Couple of odd behaviors (Bugs?):

(1) I used the application icon changer to assign an icon to a web link created in SharkLink. It created a second icon on the Launcher. I deleted the SharkLink link, but have no way to get rid of the PicLink link.

(2) I use TreoLauncher. Whenever I have launched PicLink, the first time I return to TreoLauncher, my custom background is missing. If I launch a different app then return to TreoLauncher, the background is back.
    PicLinks are just like applications. You can delete it using the App->Delete menu on the launcher.

are you using a 3rd party launcher?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinner23 View Post
    I set up a Ptunes playlist, icon appeared on my main Apps list(good). I clicked on it and it paused for a few seconds (as if loading), then just put me back to the main apps page, and not the playlist/ptunes.
    when you playlist link ptunes doesnt need to be launched. it will return back to the Launcher.
    so the playlist goes to PTunes? Is that any different than making a playlist IN PTunes?
    Also: I have set up a few web shortcuts. I use Butler as a keylauncher to launch favorites using a single Keyboard key. For example, I launch blazer(web) using "W". Anyway for me to set up the "W" key to take me to a page that just has my web shortcuts?

thanks for answering questions-usually the sign of a great developer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Toysoft View Post
    PicLinks are just like applications. You can delete it using the App->Delete menu on the launcher.

are you using a 3rd party launcher?
    That particular PicLink didn't show up on the Application Delete menu (though others did). However, your suggestion prompted be to check RAM via Explorer. It turns out the PicLink had gotten associated with the SharkLink application itself rather than the shortcut. I was able to remove the link there.

Clearly, no-one would need to use SharkLink if using PicLink, so this probably is not a major concern. But, it may be something to note, in terms of how PicLink interacts with other apps that create application-like objects.

And, yes, I use a 3rd party launcher--TreoLauncher
  11.    #11  
    so the playlist goes to PTunes? Is that any different than making a playlist IN PTunes?
    YES. the ptunes link actually uses the ptunes playlist that you created. if you create 2 playlist short cuts you can see who they work.
  12.    #12  
    That particular PicLink didn't show up on the Application Delete menu (though others did). However, your suggestion prompted be to check RAM via Explorer. It turns out the PicLink had gotten associated with the SharkLink application itself rather than the shortcut. I was able to remove the link there.

Clearly, no-one would need to use SharkLink if using PicLink, so this probably is not a major concern. But, it may be something to note, in terms of how PicLink interacts with other apps that create application-like objects.

And, yes, I use a 3rd party launcher--TreoLauncher

the only problem i see in v1.1 is that if you name the link the same other other apps then it will not show up.

our new beta will check to make sure there isnt another app or link with the same name already exists.
    I've been using Kinoma for a while, so I wasn't concerned about the pTunes links. But, now that I tested it, I could see my self using it a lot.

I'm going to purchase while the price is still only 10 bucks
  14.    #14  
    Also: I have set up a few web shortcuts. I use Butler as a keylauncher to launch favorites using a single Keyboard key. For example, I launch blazer(web) using "W". Anyway for me to set up the "W" key to take me to a page that just has my web shortcuts?

thanks for answering questions-usually the sign of a great developer!

You probably can do the same in bulter when assigning keyboard short cuts. just select the short cut app instead of the application.

another way is just assign the short cut to a hard button. you can use the Opt + button. you will need to goto the Prefs app and goto the Buttons area to assign it. this is really good if you call a number often. just press the button to call no more looking thur the contacts.
  15.    #15  
    I've been using Kinoma for a while, so I wasn't concerned about the pTunes links. But, now that I tested it, I could see my self using it a lot.

I'm going to purchase while the price is still only 10 bucks
    if you use kinoma then we can add support for it
    YES. the ptunes link actually uses the ptunes playlist that you created. if you create 2 playlist short cuts you can see who they work.
    The trial version is letting me setup anymore playlists-i've been experimenting with some lists, and deleting them, but the deleted playlists seem to count for the "3" i'm allowed to create on trial, even though t hey don't even exist anymore.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    For the email link portion of this application:
    I have a group email list that I would like to assign to a hard button.
    The list is about 50 addresses long.
    Would this application support this?

Woud this application also support group text messaging?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by wachie View Post
    For the email link portion of this application:
    I have a group email list that I would like to assign to a hard button.
    The list is about 50 addresses long.
    Would this application support this?

Woud this application also support group text messaging?
    i believe the max char you can enter is 128 characters long in the To field. so you can fit as many addresses there but we can easily increase this.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    i believe the max char you can enter is 128 characters long in the To field. so you can fit as many addresses there but we can easily increase this.
    Just a quick count of the email list puts me over that limit for sure.
    I know everyone in my family (all centro/treo users) would love this to have this capability.
    As soon as this has the ability to handle a larger group email list and a larger group text messaging list, I know you have about 7 guaranteed sales.

... and I am sure more. In my searches for a group text application and group email application I know I am not the only one interested.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by wachie View Post
    Just a quick count of the email list puts me over that limit for sure.
    I know everyone in my family (all centro/treo users) would love this to have this capability.
    As soon as this has the ability to handle a larger group email list and a larger group text messaging list, I know you have about 7 guaranteed sales.

... and I am sure more. In my searches for a group text application and group email application I know I am not the only one interested.
    ok. i will let you know.

Just to be clear. Piclink uses the default email and sms apps to compose the msg. PicLink does not delivery the msg. it is up to the email and sms app.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast