Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    OK, what am I missing here? I thought the idea of IMAP push is that one doesn't have to repeatedly poll the server to retreive email.

    And I thought that Versacr*p supported IMAP push (I've got a 700P).

    Searching through this forum, it looked like FastMail would be a good way to try this out, if not a perfect solution.

    So I got a free fastmail account, set up VersaMail to access that account, and it retrieves fine if I select "get" or "sync." But it doesn't seem to receive anything automatically.

    What don't I understand?

    Thanks,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    OK, what am I missing here? I thought the idea of IMAP push is that one doesn't have to repeatedly poll the server to retreive email.

    And I thought that Versacr*p supported IMAP push (I've got a 700P).

    Searching through this forum, it looked like FastMail would be a good way to try this out, if not a perfect solution.

    So I got a free fastmail account, set up VersaMail to access that account, and it retrieves fine if I select "get" or "sync." But it doesn't seem to receive anything automatically.

    What don't I understand?

    Thanks,
    And I thought that Versacr*p supported IMAP push (I've got a 700P). <-- That is your misunderstanding.

    Chatter or some other app I saw recently, but not Versamailk.
  3. #3  
    Agendus Mail (http://www.iambic.com/products/?palmos), SnapperEmail (no upgrades for a LONG, LONG, LONG, LONG time) and ChatterEmail.

    There just might be others...

    Ben
  4. estroh's Avatar
    Posts
    135 Posts
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    #4  
    And Sprint Mobile Email.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Agendus Mail (http://www.iambic.com/products/?palmos), SnapperEmail (no upgrades for a LONG, LONG, LONG, LONG time) and ChatterEmail.

    There just might be others...

    Ben
    SnapperEmail doesn't do push. You can access via IMAP, but you still need to poll periodically. ChatterEmail does push email (but that comes with higher battery drainage, so take that into consideration). Haven't used the others mentioned in the thread, so can't comment on them.
  6. #6  
    Any comments on "Krome?" http://www.wolflanesoftware.com/
  7. #7  
    Interesting, I've never heard of Krome. I'll have to try it out if it supports IMAP IDLE.
  8. #8  
    Let me know what you find out. I'd be interested if it does support Imap Idle.

    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Interesting, I've never heard of Krome. I'll have to try it out if it supports IMAP IDLE.
  9. #9  
    I was not thinking of PUSH, just email. Yep, ChatterEmail, sorry about that. I looked at Krome and got it to do only one account with the release I had, but it now does more with 1.1 or whatever the release was up'd to. Could not get PUSH and did not get a response from the developer. After a brief play period, I deleted it. Ben

Posting Permissions