Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    First, forgive me if this has been covered. I have searched here, g
    Google, and a couple other EVDO and Smartphone sites to no avail.

I am on my third Treo (keep in mind that I had no problem whatsoever with my WinMo phones) and everytime I connect to an internet service the "Preparing Vision Services" screen comes up. until it times out. It will either just cancel itself or come up with the Error:3000.
    I have my MSL and have restored and reprovisioned many times. I was in the Debug menu on the EVDO page and at the bottom it says "Not Authenticated". I then do a ##EVDO# and disable broadband and I now connect everytime without a hitch. Problem is I now only have 1xrtt connection.

My question is: What causes EVDO to not authenticate and is there something I can do about it?
    Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you fix it?

Thanks for the help and a great site.
    Maybe it knows you use WinMo phones???? :-)

BB
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    You may be in or in between areas that do not have EVDO coverage, the radio will automatically revert back to 1XRTT in these cases.
    Or the cell site in which you are handled at the time may need the EVDO bandwith for EMS or voice calls, therefore bumping you off of EVDO and back to 1XRTT.
    Call your carrier and have them check and authenicate your EVDO connection. I have not had one moment of trouble with my Sprint Power Vision but I had to call when I got the phone for Sprint to activate the Power Vision on my phone, they gave me codes to type in.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Are you aware when it switches from EVDO to 1XRTT?
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Yes I am aware of that. Which is my reason for disabling the EVDO because it would never connect the first time, it would time out and I would have to connect it again for it to get 1xRTT. Very cumbersome when one needs to acquire a connection somewhat quickly.
    This is a perfect EVDO area and it does this in the surrounding cities as well.
    I have used a Razr, Krazr, A900, Apache, and a Touch and they all used EVDO very well, sitting in this same spot I am in right now. The last Palm phone I had was the Treo 650 and it wasn't EVDO. I Guess this means calling Sprint back and try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by TimC05 View Post
    Yes I am aware of that. Which is my reason for disabling the EVDO because it would never connect the first time, it would time out and I would have to connect it again for it to get 1xRTT. Very cumbersome when one needs to acquire a connection somewhat quickly.
    This is a perfect EVDO area and it does this in the surrounding cities as well.
    I have used a Razr, Krazr, A900, Apache, and a Touch and they all used EVDO very well, sitting in this same spot I am in right now. The last Palm phone I had was the Treo 650 and it wasn't EVDO. I Guess this means calling Sprint back and try again.
    That's what I would do, there is stuff they can do on the phone with you to update all of that. Good luck.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Hard reset fixed it for me... I had this problem for months...
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Got it fixed. Had to call and the tech deleted my account and rebuilt it, then my Vision username had to be changed due to another error. Which, by the way, hasn't gone away but only happens when Provisioning so it seems to be alright once that's done.