1.    #1  
    Hi,

I don't know if it's old news, but it looks like the mobile youtube site (m.youtube.com) has been greatly upgraded. You can now apparently access all youtube content, as well as your favorites, etc.

It looks like it's finally useful!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Thanks for the info!

I was very disapointed that they only had like 5% of all existing youtube videos available to the mobile version. Search function always showed "0 results". Now the first thing I did was to search something unusual, and bang! there were all the videos for it, like in the main desktop version.

Like you said, NOW it is useful.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, it's great - especially since you can get content as 3gp files, which can stream with less stuttering than the higher quality files that you get from Kinoma directly.

The only down size, apparently, is that if you try to watch a very long file, it cuts it down to a shorter length. I've been able to watch 10 minute videos using that site, but I tried to watch Randy Pausch's lecture (the most inspiring video on all of youtube - it's truly amazing, but I digress ), and it shortened the hour-long video to 5 minutes.

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    I'm pretty thrilled about this too, I tried a couple of videos, great!! But I am getting pretty low volume on the playback, even with my speakers to the top.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    I'm pretty thrilled about this too, I tried a couple of videos, great!! But I am getting pretty low volume on the playback, even with my speakers to the top.
    Me, too...one of the downsides of the lower quality vids. However, I usually listen with my bluetooth headset, so it's not really an issue.

I think the quality is low or at least that is what I have been getting. I previously downloaded videos and saved to my card and the quality (video and audio) was much better on my device.

Is the quality low for other users?
    Quote Originally Posted by compo View Post
    I think the quality is low or at least that is what I have been getting. I previously downloaded videos and saved to my card and the quality (video and audio) was much better on my device.

Yes, I think I going back to having Kinoma download the video file so I can play it, I am not thrilled with the video clarity or volume when streaming off of youtube. I agree, both qualities were higher when downloading the file then playing it on Kinoma.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  8.    #8  
    Well, the whole point of using m.youtube.com is to be able to stream lower quality vids, so that you don't have to worry about buffering, etc., and so that you can watch vids when you have a lower network speed.

For quick videos, it's easy to wait for the video to completely download and then watch, in order to avoid stuttering. For longer vids, or when you don't feel like waiting, this site may be an alternative. Options are always good.

m.youtube.com is the only Out of Box supported scenario for watching You Tube videos. some people may complain that their favorite videos arenít available on the mobile site, this is because it is not currently an exact reflection of the standard youtube website. If users download and pay for the upgrade from Kinoma, they have the possibility of watching streaming flash video on their device, however they still may have auto-redirect issues when trying to access standard youtube, as the Kinoma upgrade does not upgrade Blazer itself. this may cost you a bit and can be one of your investment though Kinomaís pro software is great.
    "If you bring forth what is within you, it will heal you. And if you do not bring forth what is within you, it will destroy you." (from the Gospel of St. Thomas)
    Quote Originally Posted by compo View Post

Like others have pointed out, it is like that on purpose. That's because it's designed for low end mobile phones, not specifically for EVDO-superduper-Treo 755p's. For that, there is Kinoma Player 4 EX. I do have Kninoma and EVDO (and a 755p), but my internet connection speed isn't that great. I use it (Kinoma), but always have to wait for the videos to download for at least 15-20% so I can have a continuous (without buffering interruptions) feed.

With mobile youtube, given it's lower quality, I don't have buffering issues. So now I use both mobile youtube AND Kinoma's own youtube links and search engine. If I want something quick, I use one, and if I want more quality I can go with the other. Also with the web-based mobile youtube, you can see an image thumbnail of the videos, something you can't have within Kinoma.
    Last edited by Cheker; 02/19/2008 at 04:27 PM.
    Sweet! I'm very happy to see the improvements/additions. Thanks for the news Bujin!

My only wish is that someone would upload full episodes of Cashmere Mafia on there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheker View Post
    So now I use both mobile youtube AND Kinoma's own youtube links and search engine. If I want something quick, I use one, and if I want more quality I can go with the other.
    That's excellent advice.

For more on how Kinoma's YouTube support compares to m.youtube.com, I posted a reasonably-complete summary on our blog earlier this week:

http://blog.kinoma.com/2008/02/real-...m-youtube-com/

Hope it's helpful!

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    That's excellent advice.

For more on how Kinoma's YouTube support compares to m.youtube.com, I posted a reasonably-complete summary on our blog earlier this week:

http://blog.kinoma.com/2008/02/real-...m-youtube-com/

Hope it's helpful!

-- Charles Wiltgen
    As always, thanks for the support, Charles!

Over the past week, though, all m.youtube.com videos time out after about 10-15 seconds. Any thoughts as to whether this is a Kinoma issue or a youtube one?

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Over the past week, though, all m.youtube.com videos time out after about 10-15 seconds. Any thoughts as to whether this is a Kinoma issue or a youtube one?
    I haven't been able to reproduce this myself, so I'd appreciate knowing if anyone else has experienced this.

We have seen at least one m.youtube.com video that wouldn't play because it was corrupted.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
  15.    #15  
    Weird...I'd be curious as well, because I'm getting it with every video from that site.

Thanks for checking into it, though!