1.    #1  
    A couple of days ago I lost the ability to stream videos from Sprint TV and youtube.. It would try to connect for 10 seconds, then say "Timed Out". I can stream music from places like shoutcast.com, but youtube and sprinttv are not working at all. Any ideas?
  2.    #2  
    I tried a soft reset, still nothing. Also, I have been able to stream videos perfectly from just about anywhere until the last couple of days. Really annoying.
    what player were you using for the Youtube, as they are flash video? I use Kinoma and I know that Youtube changed their protocols for streaming, in their great attempt to keep their stuff to themselves (I guess). In Kinoma, I think they recommend now that you check in options to download the stream for viewing, instead of just stream.

Not sure why your Sprint TV would not be working, I don't have that service.

This thread might help you out:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=Youtube
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  4.    #4  
    I called Sprint, they said my account is being 'migrated' to 'ensemble', and that might be causing me to not be able to stream video, or watch sprint tv, but they weren't sure, and couldn't help me because they couldn't pull up my account.

I wasn't happy with that answer, so I called the local sprint store, and they said "bring us your phone, our service techs can take it apart and fix it". Umm, no.

So I tried calling Sprint AGAIN, and got a customer service rep that was actually within a couple hours from where I live. She agreed that my account was in process of migration, but that it shouldn't affect sprint tv or streaming video. She tried to get on Sprint TV as well, and it didn't work on her phone.

She wrote up a ticket and now the network engineers are going to take a look at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    I called Sprint, they said my account is being 'migrated' to 'ensemble', and that might be causing me to not be able to stream video, or watch sprint tv, but they weren't sure, and couldn't help me because they couldn't pull up my account.

I wasn't happy with that answer, so I called the local sprint store, and they said "bring us your phone, our service techs can take it apart and fix it". Umm, no.

So I tried calling Sprint AGAIN, and got a customer service rep that was actually within a couple hours from where I live. She agreed that my account was in process of migration, but that it shouldn't affect sprint tv or streaming video. She tried to get on Sprint TV as well, and it didn't work on her phone.

She wrote up a ticket and now the network engineers are going to take a look at it.
    Well, you may have a discovered a network problem they didn't know about, good thing you called. So do you understand what this "Ensemble" is, as I think my account on line says that. Let us know if your problem gets resolved.

Oh, and the m.youtube.com website will now stream any of the youtube videos perfectly, just click "Watch Video" under the video picture and Kinoma player opens up. But on mine for some reason, the audio is not too loud.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    I just found this info from last June about Ensemble, some pretty good info. Seems like most personal accounts should already be converted over. I did have to pick new usernames and passwords and a pin# a few months ago, I guess this is why.

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=135068
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    what player were you using for the Youtube, as they are flash video? I use Kinoma and I know that Youtube changed their protocols for streaming, in their great attempt to keep their stuff to themselves (I guess). In Kinoma, I think they recommend now that you check in options to download the stream for viewing, instead of just stream.

Not sure why your Sprint TV would not be working, I don't have that service.

This thread might help you out:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=Youtube
    Much of that thread is old info; for example, mobetube is dead now. However, m.youtube.com is now fully functional, so you may want to try that, rather than searching youtube via Kinoma directly.

FWIW, youtube and sprintTV are working fine for me.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Much of that thread is old info; for example, mobetube is dead now. However, m.youtube.com is now fully functional, so you may want to try that, rather than searching youtube via Kinoma directly.

FWIW, youtube and sprintTV are working fine for me.
    Right, thanks - I posted above that I found out that m.youtube.com works now. Do you have low volume from that site? I even have Kinoma added for the extra volume in Volume Care Pro and it is still low volume on m.youtube.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    Right, thanks - I posted above that I found out that m.youtube.com works now. Do you have low volume from that site? I even have Kinoma added for the extra volume in Volume Care Pro and it is still low volume on m.youtube.com.
    It is pretty low, but I typically watch using my bluetooth headset - then it works fine.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Joebob,

This doesn't seem to be a general problem, and as far as I know the change to your account type shouldn't have an effect.

Do you have the latest version of Kinoma Player (which is v4.4.1 as I write this)? Do you have the latest firmware update for your phone?

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
  11.    #11  
    Kinda interesting, but about 4-6 hours after the ticket was put in, it started working. I'm guessing it was either a problem that just started occuring and I was the first to report it, or maybe my account was finished getting ported over to ensemble, and that was the problem all along.

I'm using Kinoma v1.0.3, which is what came with the phone I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    Kinda interesting, but about 4-6 hours after the ticket was put in, it started working.
    Good to know...I'm glad it's working for you now!

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks