Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I updated my Sprint 700p successfully with the 1.1 Update. Most things are working better (faster application switching, no pause, not skipping on mp3 playback, etc... however I've experienced problems with Bluetooth. Bluetooth worked better for me BEFORE the upgrade.

Bluetooth problems:
    1. Trouble pairing with my 2007 Toyota Camry. Took me a long time to find a procedure that would work. The answer was to "make a call" on the Treo 700p near the end of the pair process".... this allowing the pairing to succeed.
    2. Centro: I purchased my wife a new Centro and tried to pair it to my Toyota... same issue as #1 above... I got it to work with the same procedure.
    3. Bluetooth problem with 700p: Now when I get into my toyota with the 700p, it thinks there is a "call in progress" even when there is NO call going on. This happens when I first get into the car and start it. I usually have to hit "end the call" on the Toyota several times to get out of this mode (it blocks out music / radio in this mode since it thinks you are on the phone). This did NOT happen before the upgrade.
    4. Unable get 700p to work as Bluetooth model with my Nokia N810 Internet Tablet. It does "see" the phone and I was able to pair them so that now the N810 is listed in the "trusted devices"... but when I go to try and use the 700p as a bluetooth data modem for the Nokia N810p, it tries to connect but fails.

QUESTIONS:
    1. Anyone else seeing issues with Sprint 700p Bluetooth after V1.1 upgrade?
    2. Any FIX available for this stuff?
    3. Can I "down level" just the Bluetooth to it's "pre-V1.1 Upgrade" state? It worked much better then with my Toyota Camry.

Thanks!
    Mamboking
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Ok... I now have the Nokia N810 Internet tablet using the Treo 700p as a bluetooth modem... it's working GREAT (very fast). I had to install the DUN Hack found here: http://vocaro.com/trevor/treo-dun/
    and I had re-do the pairing of the Treo 700p and Nokia N810 internet tablet... working great now. I notice I cannot talk on the phone and use the 700p at the same time, but I was successful in running Skype on my Nokia N810 internet tablet, using the 700p was the bluetooth modem. I did a one hour conference call and everyone said I sounded fine... very slick!

Regarding the other Bluebooth annoyances above... I may just have to live with them. Overall I am MUCH happier with the 700p after the V1.1 upgrade... it's just annoying that they damaged the Bluetooth function... but's still still usable.
    Mamboking
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamboking View Post
    I updated my Sprint 700p successfully with the 1.1 Update. Most things are working better (faster application switching, no pause, not skipping on mp3 playback, etc... however I've experienced problems with Bluetooth. Bluetooth worked better for me BEFORE the upgrade.

Bluetooth problems:
    1. Trouble pairing with my 2007 Toyota Camry. Took me a long time to find a procedure that would work. The answer was to "make a call" on the Treo 700p near the end of the pair process".... this allowing the pairing to succeed.
    2. Centro: I purchased my wife a new Centro and tried to pair it to my Toyota... same issue as #1 above... I got it to work with the same procedure.
    3. Bluetooth problem with 700p: Now when I get into my toyota with the 700p, it thinks there is a "call in progress" even when there is NO call going on. This happens when I first get into the car and start it. I usually have to hit "end the call" on the Toyota several times to get out of this mode (it blocks out music / radio in this mode since it thinks you are on the phone). This did NOT happen before the upgrade.
    4. Unable get 700p to work as Bluetooth model with my Nokia N810 Internet Tablet. It does "see" the phone and I was able to pair them so that now the N810 is listed in the "trusted devices"... but when I go to try and use the 700p as a bluetooth data modem for the Nokia N810p, it tries to connect but fails.

QUESTIONS:
    1. Anyone else seeing issues with Sprint 700p Bluetooth after V1.1 upgrade?
    2. Any FIX available for this stuff?
    3. Can I "down level" just the Bluetooth to it's "pre-V1.1 Upgrade" state? It worked much better then with my Toyota Camry.

Thanks!
    Mambo,

I am surprised you are having all this problem. The update for me was miraculous. Now when I get near my bluetooth the phone lights up and the synchronization is almost instant!! It stays connected for days at a time in standby and there has not been one issue except for the occasional reset after a particularly long call AND an incoming SMS message at the same time.

Since this ugrade was not for the Treo 700P originally there is not a fix but you can downgrade to a previous ROM. Please see posts under "Converting Treo 700p->755P the easy way" in this forum to download the appropriate downgrade.

Sorry you are having problems. Given your history with your phone and your other BT device it is likely NOT your car BT at fault. When you upgraded did you first delete ALL the bluetooth files??

Regards,

Jim
    Mambo,

Oops! My bad. I should have read more closely. Your problems will likely go away if you upgrade to the 755P ROM from your 1.1 where you are now. I did not read closely enough. With the old sprint MR I had no relief in sight with bluetooth and was strongly considering going to another platform and using the treo for it's palm functions. After the 700-755 update all is really good. Total process took about 10 minutes and I have flashed back to the original multiple times to problem solve.

Regards and apologies,

Jim