Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    hello all,

EDIT: i want to be able to assign the damn voice mail alert too. what good does silencing incoming calls but having the voicemail alert blast away??

what i want to be able to do is have 'presets'. like preset 1 = such and such ringer for several different contacts, including unknown numbers, etc to have a certain ringer, some SILENT ringer, etc. then have a preset 2 = ringer OFF for all incoming calls, texts, etc except for a couple of the contacts in my addy book for emergency situations like when i am sleeping and don't want to get bothered by wrong numbers, biz calls that can wait, etc.

make sense? any recommendations on progs that will do this?

i downloaded 'ringcare' and don't think it's what i am after.

thanks!
    Last edited by though; 02/20/2008 at 09:26 AM.
    There probably is a better idea thatn this,,, but something that might work is assigning the contacts that you want to ring through to a certian category in your address book, then when you don't want to be disturbed, change the ringtone on your "all others" category to silent.
    A little extra work involved, but it might do what you want.

I can't remember what software it was, but I think there IS something out there in 3rd party apps that I have tried in the past that allowed you to assign certian contacts to "VIP" status, and block the rest.
    I'll dig around, and see if I can remember which one it was.

Edit... Maybe something like http://software.palminfocenter.com/product.asp?id=10852
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    thank you. i'll check it out and report back. sounds like it should do the trick!
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    grrrrrr. i thought it was going to work perfectly. easily allows you to set up who you want to allow/block, etc. tried it, worked perfectly until i got a voice mail and DINGDING the alert came through. no setting for that???????

Quote Originally Posted by ILBandit View Post
    There probably is a better idea thatn this,,, but something that might work is assigning the contacts that you want to ring through to a certian category in your address book, then when you don't want to be disturbed, change the ringtone on your "all others" category to silent.
    A little extra work involved, but it might do what you want.

I can't remember what software it was, but I think there IS something out there in 3rd party apps that I have tried in the past that allowed you to assign certian contacts to "VIP" status, and block the rest.
    I'll dig around, and see if I can remember which one it was.

Edit... Maybe something like http://software.palminfocenter.com/product.asp?id=10852
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    also:

i want to be able to assign the damn voice mail alert too. what good does silencing incoming calls but having the voicemail alert blast away??
    You could give a program called "Profiles" a try. It's free. Just search for it hereon or try that other site (hint: mtdn)
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    thanks but 'profiles' isn't working for me.