1.    #1  
    I screwed up and deleted something I shouldnt have and now my Centro is on a reset loop.

I already tried a hard reset

It didnt work!

someone please help me

edit:

it stopped. sorry
    Last edited by cathartic8881; 02/17/2008 at 10:04 PM.
    I'm a Pre gal now
    A hard reset should work. There is not anything you can delete that would effect the Centro after a hard reset, unless you restored everything back to what it was prior to the reset loop. Try a warm reset and see how everything acts.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    A hard reset should work. There is not anything you can delete that would effect the Centro after a hard reset, unless you restored everything back to what it was prior to the reset loop. Try a warm reset and see how everything acts.
    A warm reset worked AFTER I posted the thread

Thank you for your help
    I'm a Pre gal now
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Glad you got it fixed. Ok just for future refrences what is the difference between a warm reset and a soft and hard reset? Forgive me if this has been explained before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    Glad you got it fixed. Ok just for future refrences what is the difference between a warm reset and a soft and hard reset? Forgive me if this has been explained before.
    Soft - is basically just a restart
    Warm - is a restart but keeps apps that run in background from starting up. (helps you get rid of an app that is causing problems)
    Hard - erases all apps and data from your phone. Does not affect ROM files. Restores the phone back to factory state (unless a ROM update had been run)
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    A warm reset is like booting a windows computer in safe mode a

A hard reset erases the device .

a soft reset is just like restarting a computer.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I know how to perform a soft reset and a hard reset...how do you perform a warm reset?

Quote Originally Posted by csmelosky View Post
    A warm reset is like booting a windows computer in safe mode a

A hard reset erases the device .

a soft reset is just like restarting a computer.
  8. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfig24 View Post
    how do you perform a warm reset?
    Pull the battery. As you reinsert it, hold down the up button on the navigator. You may get a message that the battery level is too low to perform "that operation"--regardless of the actual battery level.

You may also find that some things, like Bluetooth, are inaccessible. If so, do a soft reset to restore them.