1.    #1  
    My wife has had her unlocked unbranded treo 680 for about a year.

Without installing ANYTHING, about a week ago, she says the 680, with the screen turned off / screenguard on, the screen will turn on itself, will unlock the guard and will switch to the Hotsync menu.

Finally, the phone was sitting next to me, and I heard some "button press" sound effects from her phone. Low and behold, I looked over at it, after I heard 3 button press sounds, and the screen was on, unlocked and it was just sitting at "Hotsync."

It didn't try to sync anything, but it just turned itself on.

My wife has NEVER sync'ed her treo to a PC (yea I know, she could lose a lot) but regardless, I have NO idea why the Hotsync app would come on by itself, PLUS WAKE THE PHONE UP.?!?!

Can anyone explain this?

I haven't installed the latest ROM update (still original factory rom of ... v 1.04-ROW according to the ABOUT box).

I don't have any software installed that does any scheduling or anthing.... and when this started, there was NO software installed for WEEKS prior.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Has the phone been in contact with water?

Do you live in a place with no humidity do you have a lot of static electricity in your area?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by csmelosky View Post
    Has the phone been in contact with water?

Do you live in a place with no humidity do you have a lot of static electricity in your area?
    Not that I know of, to either question.

For the heck of it, I hooked it up to a hotsync cable hooked up to my pc. It immediately jumps to the hotsync screen when inserted. I cant remember if thats normal behavior or not. But obviously what I described earlier, has nothing to do with a hotsync cable. This was actually the first time I've hooked this phone up to the hotsync cable. Up until then she's only used an ac adapter.
    That sounds like moisture has gotten into some of the contacts on the bottom of the phone.