1.    #1  
    I'm trying to enable bluetooth internet sharing between my Mac and my Palm Treo 650. I have The Missing Sync for Palm 6.0.2 installed on my Treo and my Mac. I have a bluetooth connection profile on my Treo in Preferences. My Treo 650 is properly paired, and "share my internet connection with other Bluetooth devices" is checked under the "advanced" button in Bluetooth preferences. What's weird is that in Network preferences, the status of "Bluetooth PAN" is "Cable unplugged," which is pretty nonsensical for Bluetooth!

Any idea as to what might be wrong?
    To double check, you're using your Treo as a bluetooth modem to get your Mac on the internet, right?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by aetrix9 View Post
    To double check, you're using your Treo as a bluetooth modem to get your Mac on the internet, right?
    Other way around: I'm sharing my Mac's internet connection to get my Treo a high-speed internet connection.

I've sort of gotten the whole thing to work, but what I'm realizing is that The Missing Sync has some back door method for bluetooth internet sharing so that the Mac Bluetooth PAN interface in the Networking Preferences prefpane doesn't really know what is going on.