Page 1 of 42 12345611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 837
  1.    #1  
    Haven't seen this posted around here yet. This is a nice (currently) free weather app with some nice graphics.

    Currently it's version 1.00 (no longer beta) and you can get it here: Deluxeware
    For latest beta version, check [url=http://forum.smartphoneexperts.com/showpost.php?p=1445045&postcount=702]here[/url]. Mobile users [url=http://mobile.forum.smartphoneexperts.com/showpost.php?p=1445045&postcount=702]click here[/url].
    [size=1](Updated by ronbo2000 5/30). Please remember this is beta, always backup your Treo and proceed at your own risk.[/size]


    It only does "current conditions" but does have auto-updates and is easy to configure. You can have multiple cities, but only use one at a time.

    http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2.../Weather-1.jpg

    But the *best* part, imo is this unique feature: Weather Keyguard. Basically it replaces the default one with theirs which gives you the current weather.

    *Note: I have my backgrounds black from using Colorize

    http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...7/Keyguard.jpg
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 06/19/2008 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Updated to match website and discussion here.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  2. #2  
    Neat little app. Wish it had the 7 day forecast on there.
  3. Tedcas's Avatar
    Posts
    271 Posts
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    #3  
    I agree, nice app, would be quite good with a 7 day forecast.
  4. #4  
    Love the KeyGuard feature.

    Don't care for the background. I can't see the info clearly. Probably my eyes.

    Does anyone know the source of the data? NOAA, Weather.com, Yahoo????
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  5. #5  
    I noticed that if you keep the app open the clock doesn't change. It stays on the time that you accessed the app.

    However, the keyguard displays the correct time and of course every time you access the app the time is displayed correctly.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  6. #6  
    looks good..i'll have to check it out!
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
  7. #7  
    The keyguard feature alone is worth it for me. My phone locks because of GoodLink and sometimes I just want to get the time without unlocking. The temperature is a bonus.
  8. hofs1's Avatar
    Posts
    460 Posts
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    #8  
    anyone else get 2 unlock screens i get the weather unlock and the default unlock which means i need to unlock twice.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1 View Post
    anyone else get 2 unlock screens i get the weather unlock and the default unlock which means i need to unlock twice.
    I'm only getting the Weather one on my Treo 700p.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  10. #10  
    FYI, this app will prompt you to enable it whenever your phones resets. This can be a pain if you don't know your phone has reset.
  11. #11  
    Love the app, that keyguard is freakin awesome. Only problem, it turns on my screen when it updates every hour, and it also interrupts what you're doing. Wish it was in the background ...
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

    Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

  12. #12  
    I've also requested the developers that they add last update time to the keyguard. I don't see it replacing 4Cast, but I could still see buying it for the keyguard functionality (like that). I agree with DPD on waking the screen and interrupting things - a bit of an annoyance. I wonder what battery drain it will do. I've set it to update hourly.
  13. #13  
    Very nice little app. Having the 7 day forecast would be nice, but not a big deal. I use wunderground for detailed forecast info and have that hotkeyed anyway. This is a nice check of time and temp when you first turn on and with the app keyed to holding down the side key, its very handy to check current conditions.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadpiratedoug View Post
    Love the app, that keyguard is freakin awesome. Only problem, it turns on my screen when it updates every hour, and it also interrupts what you're doing. Wish it was in the background ...
    Second that. Hope the final version can fix that
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadpiratedoug View Post
    Love the app, that keyguard is freakin awesome. Only problem, it turns on my screen when it updates every hour, and it also interrupts what you're doing. Wish it was in the background ...
    But doesn't 4Cast and GX5 weather do that as well?

    I was under the impression that all apps that have to wake-up and access the 'net have to turn the device on--is that not the case

    Anyways, one issue I'm having: my keyguard doesn't disable during a phone call, so I have to click the Center key, then answer (plus it blocks the screen)--but maybe that's related to some other hacks I've done...anyone else?

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Anyways, one issue I'm having: my keyguard doesn't disable during a phone call, so I have to click the Center key, then answer (plus it blocks the screen)--but maybe that's related to some other hacks I've done...anyone else?
    No hacks here but I'm having the same experience. I've sent the developer an email about that this afternoon.

    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  17. #17  
    I had to disable auto update but can't figure out how to do a manual update. I have it checked but how do I get it to update?

    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    I had to disable auto update but can't figure out how to do a manual update. I have it checked but how do I get it to update?

    TIA
    In the lower right hand corner--hit the Hot Sync icon

    Thanks for notifying the developer on that above issue--also during an SMS, maybe I'll shoot him/her one as well.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    In the lower right hand corner--hit the Hot Sync icon

    Thanks for notifying the developer on that above issue--also during an SMS, maybe I'll shoot him/her one as well.
    Tks Malatesta
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    But doesn't 4Cast and GX5 weather do that as well?

    I was under the impression that all apps that have to wake-up and access the 'net have to turn the device on--is that not the case

    Anyways, one issue I'm having: my keyguard doesn't disable during a phone call, so I have to click the Center key, then answer (plus it blocks the screen)--but maybe that's related to some other hacks I've done...anyone else?
    Nope, GX5 and 4Cast don't wake up the screen - and neither does Chatter/Versa! There's something they can do to fix that ...

    And yah, I have that keyguard issue also with incoming calls ... it's completely this application.
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

    Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

Page 1 of 42 12345611 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions