Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Can there be an option to show chance of rain % instead of humidity %?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Can there be an option to show chance of rain % instead of humidity %?
    I'm with you on that one NachoB. I now that has been mentioned sveral times and believe Anatoly was gonna put the ranin % in.

BTW: Nice work Nacho.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Tolian_Deluxeware,

When I am at the full screen Weather program, I have experienced that I get a "white screen" lag of approximately 5 to 6 seconds when I switch over to my Phone App. It almost seems like it is clearing its cache and/or disconnecting its handshake with the network - this only happens when the signal is low - if the signal is strong it switches immediately.

The only other time the Weather app will switch immediately to the Phone app with no lag is when I don't "update" the Weather program before switching.

And I have aslo noticed that only sometimes when I use the manual update by pressing the "u" key, I get an "error 3000 can't connect please try again" - and I simply hit ok or wait for maybe another 5 seconds it connects on the second try - but it does not do this every time - so it could be the Sprint server.

Just a note for your information.
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 03/15/2008 at 02:29 PM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    patchs, Aviator
    Thanks! It is a very pleasure for me.

TurboTiger
    No. There are no any specific recommendations.

NachoB, TurboTiger
    Chance of rain should be as soon as we solve this with our content provider.

MouseGlider
    Ok. Thank you.
    Only one question: does the issue appears with "Keep connection alive" flag or without? Or in both cases?

Thank you guys! And have a nice weekend.
    Last edited by Tolian_Deluxeware; 03/15/2008 at 02:04 PM.
    Thanks!!

Living in Florida, humidity is a given, I'd prefer to know if I need to carry an umbrella or not and less concerned with if the humidity is going to make my hair go flat
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    Tolian_Deluxeware,

When I am at the full screen Weather program, I have experienced that I get a "white screen" lag of approximately 5 to 6 seconds when I switch over to my Phone App. It almost seems like it is clearing its cache and/or disconnecting its handshake with the network - this only happens when the signal is low - if the signal is strong it switches immediately.

The only other time the Weather app will switch immediately to the Phone app with no lag is when I don't "update" the Weather program before switching.

And I have aslo noticed that only sometimes when I use the manual update by pressing the "u" key, I get an "error 3000 can't connect please try again" - and I simply hit ok or wait for maybe another 5 seconds it connects on the second try - but it does not do this every time - so it could be the Sprint server.

Just a note for your information.

After a non formal 5 minutes worth of testing, I have to say that when you check the "keep connection alive", the 5 to 6 second "white screen" lag is gone - if reacts as if you are in a strong signal area and switches quickly.

I am sure that checking the keep connection alive will cure both problems - but does checking the box have more battery drain or cause other issues? I noticed that some do not want the connection kept alive - why not?

Have a good weekend also.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Quote Originally Posted by lelisa13p View Post
    I installed v.0.43 and I am unable to uncheck the Menu > Application > Keep connection alive Preference. I do not wish to always have this option checked & active. Reverting back to v.0.32 once again.

Not using Keyguard option.

lelisa13p,

Curious is there a reason not to keep the connection live?

Thanks!
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Tolian -

A few basic questions and a suggestion:

1. Who provides you with the weather reports?
    2. Is it possible in the day view to provide a more detailed description
    3. Could you add when the weather report was last updated to details. For example, while I may have selected to update 15 minutes ago, I would like to know when the weather service you used last updated their report.
    4. Can you provide weather alerts from the National Weather Service. I know other programs (like 4cast) do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolian_Deluxeware View Post
    lelisa13p
    Have you any news how application works during this time at your TX?
    Any freezes or resets?
    Thank you.
    Everything is working correctly for me, as far as I can see. Very nice. (Using v.0.44.)
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    lelisa13p,

Curious is there a reason not to keep the connection live?

Thanks!
    I'm using a couple of TXs and they are only online when I connect to my home network (battery conservation & all that.) I leave WiFi & BT turned OFF unless in use.
    Experience is what you get when you thought you were getting something else.

Tolian_Deluxeware,
    Brilliant program! I really like the keyguard function.
    Could we have the option to update weather every 24 hours?
    Arnie
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    how about an option to set your own time interval to update?
    i would like to update every 3 or 4 hours..
    I have two cities added however one will put up the temp as zero after its initial update.
    Tolian Deluxeware,

Thank you for a great Weather program - one of the best!

The initial versions caused a problem with my 'alerts' if I had the 'weather guard' ticked. From version .41 this seems to have been resolved.

I wonder if it would be possible to, firstly, have an option to update all cities selected in one go, and to quickly change selected cities without having to go into the menu system?
    Last edited by alexel; 03/17/2008 at 04:23 PM.
    I tried this program for a few days, and really like it. However, I only have my data plan for another 3 weeks, and then I am canceling it. I have a Treo 755p and with Verizon and I really don't feel like paying $40/month for their data plan. Therefore, I won't be able to get weather updates.

Any chance that this app will be able to get updates via HotSync in the near future?
  15.    #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by alexel View Post
    ...and to quickly change selected cities without having to go into the menu system?
    On the Weather screen, just D-pad down and you'll switch to another city

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    After installing version 0.41 the Goodlink and Google Maps issue has disappeared. However, I just noticed a different issue that may or may not be software related. When I go to the 7 day forecast it shows all the same day in each slot and the day is not correct. It is showing September 6, Thursday (which in itself is not correct because 9/6 is not a Thursday) in each day slot. The weather is different for each day but the dates are all the same.

The today screen is correct so I am not sure if this is a software issue or data feed issue.

EDIT: Sorry, I just noticed that post #143 addresses the same issue.
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
    Hello!

It is the new version with few modifications and fixes:
    1. Keyguard form did restored background incorrect sometimes.
    2. Auto-update does define screen status and stay on or go to sleep if needed.
    3. Phone signal strength has 6 bars for all devices now, MouseGlider
    4. Wi-Fi dialog should be canceled in automatic mode during auto-update.
    5. Minor bugs was fixed.

http://download.deluxeware.com/Weather_0_45.prc

I think it is more stable and working.

Thank you guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsaroff View Post
    1. Who provides you with the weather reports?
    Our provider is: www.customonlineservice.com

2. Is it possible in the day view to provide a more detailed description
    Yes. I am working at the total update of Weather. It should be too.

3. Could you add when the weather report was last updated to details. For example, while I may have selected to update 15 minutes ago, I would like to know when the weather service you used last updated their report.
    Ok. I shall discuss it with our content provider. I hope it is possible.

4. Can you provide weather alerts from the National Weather Service. I know other programs (like 4cast) do.
    It is possible. But we can not make it is immediately. A lot of new features would be added step by step.

Thank you very much!
    Quote Originally Posted by lelisa13p View Post
    Everything is working correctly for me, as far as I can see. Very nice. (Using v.0.44.)
    Ok. Can you check version 0.45?
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by rossarnie View Post
    Tolian_Deluxeware,
    Brilliant program! I really like the keyguard function.
    Could we have the option to update weather every 24 hours?
    Arnie
    Thank you for praisings.

rossarnie, tckober73
    Yes. We are going to add advanced scheduler for auto-update. You are be able to set up timetable for update by itself.
Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast