Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142
    Quote Originally Posted by braj View Post
    It seems Treocentral's marketing folks don't get it either. From today's software roundup:

Don't let the small subscription fee stop you from enjoying this great program. The exclusive backgrounds in the 'web folder' are awesome!
    I'm sure they get it just fine. Treocentral more than likely gets a "cut" of the profits for software sold at their site.

What did you expect them to do, list the software and then tell people it's a ripoff?
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
    I'm sure they get it just fine. Treocentral more than likely gets a "cut" of the profits for software sold at their site.

What did you expect them to do, list the software and then tell people it's a ripoff?
    i

I didn't expect them to cheer-lead it. They didn't have to comment at all.

Especially with the way this was first marketed as freeware, then the forum was used for beta testing, and now the pretty odd and exorbitant price structure, why mention it at all? Unless they approve of the way Deluxeware used this forum. I dunno.
    Last edited by braj; 06/27/2008 at 08:01 PM. Reason: adding thoughts
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GHMacDonald View Post
    That may be but they need someone to pay for the server

George
    Yeah, but I wouldn't open a bakery and sell bread for $10 a loaf. Who would buy that? It seems they are way off what the market would pay for a very simple app.
    I didn't expect them to cheer-lead it. They didn't have to comment at all.
    Of course they are going to cheer-lead it. That's what marketing people do, convince people to buy something so they make money.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
    Of course they are going to cheer-lead it. That's what marketing people do, convince people to buy something so they make money.
    So this site is run by marketing people only? Okay then I thought there might be a remnant of end-user, enthusiast soul but I guess not. My bad. Cheerlead away then.
    So this site is run by marketing people only? Okay then I thought there might be a remnant of end-user, enthusiast soul but I guess not. My bad. Cheerlead away then.
    You specifically said: "It seems Treocentral's marketing folks don't get it either."

When I pointed out that your statement made no sense, and the reasons for it, you try and change your tune to "So this site is run by marketing people only?"

I don't condone the tactics used by Deluxeware, I'm just pointing out the fact that you are clueless about how marketing is used in a business (referring to the Treocentral store.)

If Treocentral had "moral" issues with Deluxeware's bait-and-switch tactics, they wouldn't have listed the software for sale in the first place.
    Is it really TreoCentral's concern if you purchase something and prior to purchasing it you do not take the time to investigate the application? I frankly do not believe it is TreoCentral's concern - buyer beware.
    OK here's a blast from the past. When the company did the bait and switch on us with this program I never took it off since I liked the keyguard feature. Being bored today I went to www.deluxeware.com and find that the "infinity" subscription to the program is only $9.95. 1 year subscription only 7.95

Now this is more like it. Bought the license and working great. The app now says on my expiration date: None

Really did like this program in Beta and was upset when we got the switch pulled on us, but looks like they have come to their senses on priciing this thing. Still wish they would have been upfront.

Now I can only hope these guys stay in business so my "infinity" subscription means something, but as nice as this app is, I bet they can do something good with the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    the "infinity" subscription to the program is only $9.95. 1 year subscription only 7.95

Now this is more like it. Bought the license and working great. The app now says on my expiration date: None

\

Tks for the info midmofan.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I agree; thanks for posting your update. However, I prefer to remain with 4cast since I don't have to worry that the servers (weather.yahoo.com) delivering the data will go toes up anytime soon.
    Experience is what you get when you thought you were getting something else.

Quote Originally Posted by lelisa13p View Post
    I agree; thanks for posting your update. However, I prefer to remain with 4cast since I don't have to worry that the servers (weather.yahoo.com) delivering the data will go toes up anytime soon.
    I have been using wunderground mobile, which gives a lot of great info Plus radar. Will still keep wunderground hotkeyed.

But for a quick check of weather in both my city and in a couple other cities I check, this Weather program is really good. My son is going to China for 4 months and its also great that with just a flick (of the D-Pad!) I can see not only the current weather there but the time so we can call and not wake each other up.

I also like the time and weather (of the city I want) showing up on my keygaurd.

Lastly, the current download has some nice additions that I didn't have on my Beta like a scheduler so the thing updates at specific times Like just before I get up in the morning on weekdays.;

So for $10, I figure this is worth it. Also for $1.98 I downloaded their handy little Conversion App that has a lot of handy stuff on it.
    Haven't used the keyguard in a while. I'll have to give it a go.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    MobiHand is currently offering the Infinity subscription for $2.99 U.S. until March 1st. The developer posted the info elsewhere. For that price, I bought it. Here's hoping they don't go toes-up...

Nice catch! bought one too
    Quote Originally Posted by lelisa13p View Post
    MobiHand is currently offering the Infinity subscription for $2.99 U.S. until March 1st. The developer posted the info elsewhere. For that price, I bought it. Here's hoping they don't go toes-up...
    Nice heads up lelisa13p.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Thanks for the heads-up. I loved this software while it was in "beta", and was sorry to delete.

For 3.00, I have already purchased.

Thanks, again.
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    Happy to be able to help.

I always liked the software and this price seemed to be an acceptable compromise between what we'd anticipated previously (FREE) and the unfortunate circumstances that followed.

Thanks to the dev for posting it at my "other" forum.