Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3136373839404142 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadpiratedoug View Post
    Nope, GX5 and 4Cast don't wake up the screen - and neither does Chatter/Versa! There's something they can do to fix that ...

And yah, I have that keyguard issue also with incoming calls ... it's completely this application.

on my 755p, I have 4Cast set to auto-update every 3 hours, and it most definitely wakes up the screen to do it. As soon as it is done updating, the keyguard comes on and 10 seconds later, the screen turns off. But yes, it does wake up the screen.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    Somebody mentioned they saw him in Las Vegas all decked out, with the money he is now raking in.
    HAHAHA that is a funny one.
    Where is "ronbo2000" ???
    Is he not one of the mods or other here?
    What does the Mgmt of Treocentral think?
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    Where is "ronbo2000" ???
    Is he not one of the mods or other here?
    What does the Mgmt of Treocentral think?
    Well, there was a recent Treocentral article advising that this program was now a subscription service. The author praised the program and said that it was worth the $20 fee. No criticism whatsoever, direct or indirect, of the manner in which the software was developed.
    The developer's English is not too good (based on an email I received from him) and he did not take the hint about people being unhappy about the subscription base.
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    I have no affliation with the people at Deluxeware and I understand what you are saying when they announced as freeware and then changed it to shareware - I wonder if it is their grammer - as it is sometimes worded in a strange way that makes me read it a few times before I understand what they meant.

Of course my grammer sucks, so I shouldn't talk - just my .02 cents worth.
    bclinger,

I agree with you - it could be simply a poor choice of words - see this post on number #718 as an example - I have partially pasted below that shows the choice of words he uses is somewhat strange;

..... (auto-update does not finished while as we planning)

So, Palm corp. make development of some features really "merry".

You have to read it a few times to kind of figure out what he means, IMHO - and what did he mean by "merry"?

Besides the fact that although he may be a lead programmer, he probably does not have the final say on who gets a subscription or not etc.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    The developer is located in India.
    Actually, DeluxeWare is in Russia.
    bclinger,

I agree with you - it could be simply a poor choice of words

Besides the fact that although he may be a lead programmer, he probably does not have the final say on who gets a subscription or not etc.
    bclinger and MouseGlider,

I agree that it is a poor choice of words and that language barrier added to the confusion.

I also know based on an email from Anatoly that he is well aware that people are angry about the subsciption issue, but he's ability to influence this is limited since he's the programmer and not on the commercial side. I certainly can see how people are dissapointed when they learned that what they thought might be free is not going to cost $ if they decide to continue to use it.

As far as the subscription issue, I really don't understand how this is going to intice people to sign up.

It's a shame that he did such a great job getting this to work that it has turned into something so controversial.

As a reminder, in a previous post, he has invited posters to contact him if he missed them and they feel they should have received a freebie based on their contribution to getting this app up and going.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    no way am I or should anyone be mad at the developer. Deluxeware made this desicion. they had it as freeware on there site so there's no language issue there. they made a choice to change the program to a subscription service. its them and only them we should vent at. I emailed my displeasure with there tactics to them and so should anyone who feels the need to. they need to understand what they did .
    This was also posted over at 1src.com as freeware and was directly questioned from the beggining and it was answered that yes it would be free.

Language barrier had nothing to do with the decision to bait and switch!
    I think those of us who suggested a language barrier were referring to communications with the programmer not what was on Deluxeware's site.

The web site should have been clear.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolian_Deluxeware View Post
    Hello folks,

I want to thank all for GREAT testing.

All active users get LIFETIME subscription for free:
    TurboTiger
    MouseGlider
    ScottL
    Alexel
    ronbo2000

Let me know if I forget someone...

Please notice that I am continue working at Weather application.

Thanks again!
    If some of you who feel cheated or whatever - why not contact him as this previous post suggested?

I am probably naive(sp?) when I went into this, but I wasn't expecting to get anything except maybe a discount.

I don't know how they chose who gets it free or not - maybe it was by the number of post or suggestions?

Edited: - maybe I can get a discount for the Centro
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 06/26/2008 at 09:45 AM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

I don't know how they chose who gets it free or not - maybe it was by the number of post or suggestions?
    Most of my feedback and suggestions were via email directly with the programmer.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Most all of my feedback was done only in this thread.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Doom on them.
    Besides the oft reiterated expression of silliness in charging a subscription for a such a narrow tool, I haven't seen people express surprise at the actual pricing. This is where it is clear that it most likely a scam. A lifetime fee that is only marginally larger than the annual fee indicates that they are not in this for the long haul, it seems to me. They just figured that it would be hard to get anyone to fork over more than $20.
    It's a shame, as I did like the program.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Yeah, nice programming, horrid marketing. Seriously, they don't understand this market, do they? I'm pretty certain that you could have gotten 10 persons to pay $5 for every 1 who would take up those dumb subscription or lifetime offers.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    It seems Treocentral's marketing folks don't get it either. From today's software roundup:

Don't let the small subscription fee stop you from enjoying this great program. The exclusive backgrounds in the 'web folder' are awesome!

That may be but they need someone to pay for the server

George