Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303536373839404142 LastLast
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    I too was disapointed to see this go to a subscription service. I can see a one time fee but not a subscription! I beta tested this and the weather app from GX-5. GX-5 at least gave its beta testers the program and even if he had not, there is no way I'm paying for a subscription FOR THE WEATHER!
    I hate to just "pile on" but I have to agree with the majority on this. I've been testing this app for some time now and have really enjoyed it. It recently got stable enough that I started recommending it to friends and family.
    However, I can't see paying for it when I can get the weather on demand from m.wund.com for free and/or get emails from weather.com for free (both using an advertising model).
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I love the piling on. This guy/girl would have made a lot more money if he had done the following two things:

NEVER said it was free. Then ask for cash.

NEVER put it up for a subscription. COME ON!! This is the weather.

You might have got a few suckers if you had asked around $5 total.

What a FOBAR!!
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Im with the majority here. Hate to pile on but say its freeware and then change it after alot of us here helped so much with this program. This is deleted from my Centro and after the bait and switch it could sell for $1 and I wouldnt pay for it out of princaple. Also you can get the weather for free and there are one time cheap programs like 4Cast that are better. Uggg. I will never purchase a deluxewear program again. I would have no issue if they were upfront but to ask us all to help them develop there "Freeware" program and then after its done say "Now pay for it" . there website even said it was "Free". thats so wrong. atleast we have other choices so its no so bad I guess, you dont like it dont pay. simple.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 06/23/2008 at 02:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    I would have happily paid $5 for the keyguard functionality alone (I'm a sucker, what can I say). But the 'lifetime' price of $20 is a total rip-off. Don't these devs realize that Palm OS is soon to be extinct and people have a hard time justifying app purchases? An app has to be either incredibly useful or incredibly cheap to get my money these days.
    Well, if I understand correctly how this program works, when you (or the program) refreshes the weather, it goes to deluxware's server to do it. The subscription fee is to pay for this service.

I also can not justify paying for that service, so I have deleted the program. There are too many places to get the info for free.

George
    atleat they could have offered all the folks who HELPED on the Beta to a free year subscription as a thanks. I was on the Beta test for TouchLauncher and all of us who helped got the program for free. That's the right way to do business.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    atleat they could have offered all the folks who HELPED on the Beta to a free year subscription as a thanks.
    They did, only it was a life subscription, not a year.

I've been a public critic of how this was handled too, but I thought it only fair to offer this clarification.
    a life ? they offered all the beta testers a life subscription for free. I stand corrected. I take that critisicm back.
    I don't know. I was a tester from the beginning. I just didn't post to often because I was on my treo & other people mentiond my sugestions first but I did offer a few so it would have been nice to at least get a year free & then decide if I want to buy it or not. I guess its back to 4cast for me.
    well if they were giving some users free lifetime subscriptions and some not that stinks. Also that shows they had every intention to charge for it. even after saying it was free.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    well if they were giving some users free lifetime subscriptions and some not that stinks. Also that shows they had every intention to charge for it. even after saying it was free.
    The (short) list is here, Post #754.
    Experience is what you get when you thought you were getting something else.

lol...and why not even send those contributors a PM? I think it would have eased the commotion just a bit.

"You made the list, you made the list...you? No, not you"

lol
    I wonder what they consider an "active" user to be? I have been using the app for many versions. I don't see a lifetime subscription in my mailbox. (Of course, I did not provide any useful feedback, either.)
    Does the developer visit here or anyone heard from the developer?
    Somebody mentioned they saw him in Las Vegas all decked out, with the money he is now raking in.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Does the developer visit here or anyone heard from the developer?
    bclinger,
    He does visit however you can send him an email. Below is his contact info displayed in his signature on TreoCentral:

Anatoly Terebilov
    Lead programmer
    tolian(at)deluxeware.com

DELUXEWARE company
    www.deluxeware.com
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Curious, I did beta testing and did post a couple of times and haven't heard anything. However, you have to admit, it is at the developers discretion who he gives free subscriptions to. My problem is not that (even though I would have loved to be rewarded for my help) but rather is the whole "help me develop this freeware" stunt he pulled.
    --WhoAmI--
    Sprint Palm Treo 700p with MR --> Palm Pre

T-Money is now available for the webOS! Financial planning has never been easier.
    Used it from very early versions and even beamed it to several customers....then one day it just quit working I check back to see if there's a new version to the FREE program I was telling anyone who would listen about and he wants $20!!!

Deleted and will NEVER buy or recommend Deluxeware again.
    This was a shady move for certain. Every T|C member that posted even once before the (bait and) switch should be awarded a lifetime subscription!!!