Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142 LastLast
    Yeah, kind of a bummer. My wife and I are deleting ours - I've posted several times in this thread but obviously not enough to earn a free copy. And while it was a nice free app, it's not worth throwing money at.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    Yeah, kind of a bummer. My wife and I are deleting ours - I've posted several times in this thread but obviously not enough to earn a free copy. And while it was a nice free app, it's not worth throwing money at.
    I think a few dollars for the application is more than reasonable. However, a monthly subscription for a weather forecast I can get from many other sources (albeit not in the same attractive package) is just not worth it for me.

Nice application, hope their marketing works for them and them earn something for all the effort.

But, I can't justify the monthly outlay, and the lifetime version is too high for the product (at least for me).
    Quote Originally Posted by mgriffith View Post
    I think a few dollars for the application is more than reasonable. However, a monthly subscription for a weather forecast I can get from many other sources (albeit not in the same attractive package) is just not worth it for me.

Nice application, hope their marketing works for them and them earn something for all the effort.

But, I can't justify the monthly outlay, and the lifetime version is too high for the product (at least for me).
    Ditto.
    I really liked this program but like you all said, there are too many free ways of getting weather info.
    Personally, wunderground.com is my fav.
    It is too bad because I was using it from the beginning. It worked fine for me so I never had any bugs to post about.
    I felt bad deleting it but oh well.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    I had only recently discovered this, and saw that it was free so even gave it a try (already own gx-5's Treo Weather, 4Cast, and have weather plugins for Agendus and MegaLauncher, so it's not like I needed it.)

I really like the keyguard and would keep this on my Treo just for that alone, but I don't even get the subscription thing. Is it that you need a subscription to even get the weather downloaded, or is the subscription for future upgrades? It seems like a bad marketing move IMO. Ithink they would have done much better selling this for a straight $5, look how many here who like it a lot but are unwilling to pay for it? The market is just way too crowded to justify the price, and it being convoluted with the subscription thing just adds to the reluctance to pony up any funds.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Ditto.
    I really liked this program but like you all said, there are too many free ways of getting weather info.
    Personally, wunderground.com is my fav.
    It is too bad because I was using it from the beginning. It worked fine for me so I never had any bugs to post about.
    I felt bad deleting it but oh well.
    same here my son, and I have been using it from the beginning. A one time fee would be okay, but a subscription took it out of the picture, we will be deleting it also.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    I was using the beta version, but only from near 0.60 or a late 0.5x I think. I never had any real problems or feedback since it worked well enough and as expected, so I guess I wasn't much of a tester.

There is an "infinity subscription", which would seem to be equivalent to a one-time fee for the program and the service it provides. But in general, I agree. It doesn't seem worth paying for a subscription to get weather when there are a variety of free options already available.

The keyguard feature is nice, but seems to be most useful if you have frequent updates (e.g., hourly) so that you can get the latest weather. I didn't really want to do that, and found TreoHour's keyguard function more useful in general, so I use that instead. It's easy enough to look up weather when I want that, but it's more useful for me to see if I missed anything when I turn on the device.

I can afford to buy the program if I wanted to, but I don't want to. As I said, if a free program can do what I want, I'm going to use the free program. I have two on my Centro right now for weather (KMeteo and HourlyXCast), and there are also web sites, as others noted, which are essentially free since I have an unlimited data plan. IMO, Weather just isn't so outstanding that I'd pay for it instead of using these free options. Maybe that's just me though.
    I have several paid apps. 4cast, xWeather and or course Weather (for being an active beta tester).

I also use free apps - wunderground, NOAA, zwire & WeatherBug

$ - 4cast offers the great feature of being a plugin for 2day and TakephOne. the content (Yahoo sucks) but I know Shimon is working on an alternate or a choice of sources) also offers a graphical display of the weeks forecast. Radar is available. Updates available via OTA. I am married to 2days it's my go-to app. Everything's on one screen.

$ - xWeather offers a choice of sources and an archive feature. Also offers Radar.

$ - Weather offers the keyguard feature and % chance of rain via a quick glance per day.

Free - love the loop radar of WeatheBug, Wunderground, zwire and NOAA. WeatherBug also give the temps for your neighborhood.

Decide what you need and go for it. I'm a weather junkie for one reason - Do I water the lawn or not? Do I get the car washed or not?

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Does Weatherbug exist for Palm and is it really free? All I found searching was Windows mobile app for $15.
    Quote Originally Posted by gklewis View Post
    Does Weatherbug exist for Palm and is it really free? All I found searching was Windows mobile app for $15.
    You can access it through the Palm Mobile Portal which would have been a favorite on your Treo.

If you don't have that, try www.wap.weatherbug.com.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Try http://wap.weatherbug.com/ (without the www).
    Experience is what you get when you thought you were getting something else.

Sorry for the mini hijack and thanks for the Weatherbug info. When I put my zip code in a radar image option only comes up and not a loop option as far I can tell. Other than that I really like the mobile site.
    In my email this morning, I received the Treonauts PalmOS Software Digest, and it listed a "Special Price" for Weather (infinity) for $17.95. However, during checkout, if you put in the "TOP100" instead, you can get it for $15.96. (Actually, the 20% discount code pretty much works for most apps at Treonauts.)

It looks like all of Deluxeware's apps are discounted too.

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by gklewis View Post
    Sorry for the mini hijack and thanks for the Weatherbug info. When I put my zip code in a radar image option only comes up and not a loop option as far I can tell. Other than that I really like the mobile site.
    You're right about the lack of loop radar.
    Sorry about that.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    I tried Weather for a couple of days and as I commented in another thread, nice to look at, but no significant improvement over 4Cast, which has been around long enough with enough users to be integrated well with a few other applications. I deleted it on day 2. I do not mind paying for an application; however, a subscription for what it does is not an alternative I am interested in. If 4Cast gets so broken that Shimon needs to rework it and decides to charge for it, then that is ok with me and paying for it is acceptable.
    Announced as freeware and not beta test for a future shareware app. Definate no no. Shady practices are not a good way to intice customers to purchase software.

Like previously stated. theres free options and 4cast is a better app all around. Only thing I liked about Weather is the graphics.
    While I could well afford this application, I cannot find any valid reason that would justify me to pay for an application like this when there are many others available that far exceed it performance wise and are not dependent upon a non public weather server. The uptime of available weather data from this app has been far from good and ranks close to poor in what I have seen.

And if anyone asks me about a weather app for their Palm device, this would be thee last one I would ever recommend.

The loss more yours, Deluxeware, than mine.

Carl
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    Announced as freeware and not beta test for a future shareware app. Definate no no. Shady practices are not a good way to intice customers to purchase software.

Like previously stated. theres free options and 4cast is a better app all around. Only thing I liked about Weather is the graphics.

I have no affliation with the people at Deluxeware and I understand what you are saying when they announced as freeware and then changed it to shareware - I wonder if it is their grammer - as it is sometimes worded in a strange way that makes me read it a few times before I understand what they meant.

Of course my grammer sucks, so I shouldn't talk - just my .02 cents worth.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    There is no way I would pay $20 for the app. It has great color to it, but I get more accurate temps from my free On Demand app, but thats me.

Yeah, $5 or maybe even $10 would work for this nice program, but for $20 I have come to expect a more all encompassing program(Takephone comes to mind)---Sadly deleting Weather.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    For $20, I'd expect way more weather info, maps, and the ability to be used as a plugin ala 4Cast. More variation in intrface layouts would also help justify the price. Plus I don't think the interface is very efficient, I can't imagine how hard it would be to read on a Centro. As nice as the app is (especially the keyguard), I believe I'll stick with 4Cast and it's big feature set. I just bought TakePhone partially based on the fact I can leverage 4Cast with it.