Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 273233343536373839404142 LastLast
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolian_Deluxeware View Post
    So, if this version stable - we can release 0.67 for all users who have public version 0.63.
    I'd say this is ready to roll also. Great work! This is shaping up quite nicely.
    Just too add my signature too!
    -alexel-
    Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by atalanta View Post
    Hi Tolian, Here's an image that explains the Toggle Cities functionality. I'm going to make one for Update Active Cities only.
    Hey Tolian,
    If the "Update all cities" option is selected the arrow comes up to automatically toggle to the next updated city. If there is no arrow it would toggle to the next city and you can manually update that city. Is this how this is working?
    I still would like to have three out of my ten stored cities update all the time and the others only upon manual update. This way the server isn't being hit for 10 cities in my stored list. Only the ones I need now.

This can be done in the "City Select" menu. Currently the main city has a dot next to it signifying this is the main city. If we can select more than one "highlight" a second and third city that would differentiate between stored cities and activity updated cities in the "City Select" menu.

Hope this makes sense. I haven't figured out how to do a screen grab from my centro to illustrate this.

Lisa
    Once a designer, always a designer.
    www.banditbailbonds.com
    Invisashield
    Motorola ROKR T505
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolian_Deluxeware View Post
    The latest version 0.67 with bug fixes:
    http://download.deluxeware.com/Weather_0_67.prc

Thanks!
    Hi Tolian,
    I just downloaded prc.67. The auto scheduler isn't updating the cities. I have the auto scheduler set to update five times a day (the weather changes a lot where I live).

Thanks,
    Lisa
    Once a designer, always a designer.
    www.banditbailbonds.com
    Invisashield
    Motorola ROKR T505
    Anatoly, with new updates the 'old' version expires, which 'forces' me to download that latest version. Since I do not use all the functions (like auto-update) would it be possible to use the older version ? I can understand that in cases where major updates are made one should upgrade, but not minor ones. I'm using a TX and not always do I have a wifi-spot close by, so I cannot upgrade. The program does not show me the already 'downloaded' weather, as it is 'dead' (saying I need to upgrade)
    Ernest

Palm TX
    I really must agree with ernest01 about your updating process.

If you have a good stable version and there is no need to update, being forced to update is a bad thing. I mean, the application should not disable itself and quit working. That is rather rude for something like that to happen. Geez, if Microshaft did that everytime with Windoze, there would be millions of additional disgruntled Windoze users out there.

Carl
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Probably a good compromise would be to have a screen saying that there is an update available - then give the choice to click this "link" to continue to use the existing version or to click the "update link" to get the new version - this would allow the user to continue to use the old version or get the new version at his convienence.

I would think this is a less intrusive way of doing things. In fact this could be used maybe as an alternate way to the auto update.

Example, rather than having the auto update take over the OS and stopping you in your tracks on what you are doing, you can have a screen that says "auto updating do you want to continue or cancel". Even though the auto update is still stopping you in your tracks, it gives you a choice to cancel. This would especially be noticed if you are updating a 6 cities which would take a long time then a brief moment to cancel.

It would be simuliar to you being on a call and have someone else calling you while your on your current call - you have the choice to take the call or ignore it - if that make sense.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    I would think this is a less intrusive way of doing things. In fact this could be used maybe as an alternate way to the auto update.

Example, rather than having the auto update take over the OS and stopping you in your tracks on what you are doing, you can have a screen that says "auto updating do you want to continue or cancel". Even though the auto update is still stopping you in your tracks, it gives you a choice to cancel. This would especially be noticed if you are updating a 6 cities which would take a long time then a brief moment to cancel.

It would be simuliar to you being on a call and have someone else calling you while your on your current call - you have the choice to take the call or ignore it - if that make sense.

I like this idea. NVBackup does that. Before it's about to do a scheduled backup, it'll popup a little screen saying it will continue to backup within 20 secs. unless I select cancel or backup within 10 mins. It's very useful if you're in the middle of something.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    Probably a good compromise would be to have a screen saying that there is an update available - then give the choice to click this "link" to continue to use the existing version or to click the "update link" to get the new version - this would allow the user to continue to use the old version or get the new version at his convenience.
    Agreed. I thought this approach was decided upon a little while back when I was commenting (ok, I was griping about it) on the forced updates for part-time-connected devices such as the Palm TX. I was surprised to see a forced update again.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I finally got around to downloading this app. WOW!! Real solid. Thank you!!
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    IMHO I think from time to time, the developer needs to make sure that all users are updated to the latest release to make sure the bugs are not from any of the older version. I do find that each developer can chose do enforce updates or leave it to the user.

During beta test, updates that involves key program changes does require that all users are forced to update.
    I think .67 is ready for prime-time. It has been great to be involved with beta testing. I find myself using this over all my other weather programs.
    Great job!
    I have to uninstall this app. It seems to "wake-up" my Treo several times per hour or so, and it wears down my battery DEAD by 4pm. When I uninstalled the app my battery lasts almost 2 days. So I reinstalled it and now I am back to severe battery drain.

This is with autoupdates set to update weather only twice a day (7am and noon). I even turned off the setting to "keep connection alive" but its still turning my Treo on many times per day. Anyone else have this problem? I am running a Sprint Treo 755P.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse View Post
    I have to uninstall this app. It seems to "wake-up" my Treo several times per hour or so, and it wears down my battery DEAD by 4pm. When I uninstalled the app my battery lasts almost 2 days. So I reinstalled it and now I am back to severe battery drain.

This is with autoupdates set to update weather only twice a day (7am and noon). I even turned off the setting to "keep connection alive" but its still turning my Treo on many times per day. Anyone else have this problem? I am running a Sprint Treo 755P.
    I suspect something similar is happening to me.

I have the "advance scheduler" update every hour (at 15 mins pass the hour for the 1st two hours then at 40 mins past the hour for the remainder of the day) This all begins at begins at 4:15 am til 10:40 pm.

However, my Treo wakes up for a few seconds each hour around 15 mins pass the hour. When I set it to "manual update", my Treo doesn't mystically wake at 15 mins pass the hour.

My problem is more of an annoyance than a battery drain.

Good Luck
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 06/18/2008 at 11:10 PM.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I have the advanced scheduler set for every three hours and haven't noticed any battery drain. I also have a Sprint 755.
    I sure miss not having the "Radar" & "Satellite" images integrated into this program. Here in the mid-West, this feature is extremely helpful in locating serious storm cells and knowing when to take cover.

To see an example, check the weather features at:

www.abc12togo.com.

Enter a zip code or city for an active weather cell so you can see it in action. The antimated radar feature is my favorite view. Wonder if you could link to this site with auto zip code entry for current city?

I recommend this excellent pgm to all my friends. Keep up the good work.

Best Regards, FastFrank
    FastFrank
    I've been using this app for quite a while now and have NOT noticed any significant battery drain. I have it scheduled to just auto update once every morning and then I mannually update it as needed.

A link to current radar info would be great. I have always used the mobile Weather Underground site for that ( http://m.wund.com ). I took a look at the source code behind the abc12togo web site and it seems as though they are getting their data from Weather Underground as well.
    I also use NOAA for a radar loop.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse View Post

I use a Sprint 755p and have it auto update 4 times a day and I also update it manually maybe another 2 times a day. I notice no extra battery drain although I am sure it does somewhat, but very little in my case.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Okay I havent uninstalled it just yet. As of yesterday when I posted that previous message I have turned off all updates within Weather v0.67. Its almost 3pm here and my battery is still at 84%. I havent had the Treo turning on over and over all day either. So its something within this program. This didnt happen when I was on the previous version.

I really like the program so for now I have resolved to just press U to update manually when I need it.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...