Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 242930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
    Hey Mouse, Quickster,

I just got the cities to cycle through with the round shiny ring thing in the middle of the phone. It does work well.

Ok, I can deal with it, it's a one handed operation which is good.

I just wouldn't know to use the round shiny ring thing without some instruction ...which...obviously I didn't. I like to design applications so the user doesn't need instruction. Weather is mostly an app that doesn't need instruction. This is the only oddball thing that is not really intuitive but it is livable once you know about it. All the other operations you can tap into.

Very cool.

I've got a Invisashield screen protector. So I just wipe it off if it gets messy.

Resetting my keys to factory would be a disaster for me. I've customized too much. What I did do was set a different key for bringing up the Select City menu through the weather app. I even bring up the weather app through a Favorite key I've set. "W".

Lisa
    Quote Originally Posted by atalanta View Post
    Hi Quickster, I totally respect your position as an engineer. But as a lazy end user (just joking, kinda) I want to poke at the screen to do many functions (tap, tap, tap with my fingernail). As a visual user I just want to reach the icon and make it do something. That's why I liked the Centro so much. It does like I think. I want to just touch the City Display Name and it cycles to the next city. When I 'm looking at the weather information I'm not thinking about keys...I don't want to. I want to interact with what I see just like I do on the rest of the Centro. That's what makes it soooo cool.

I wouldn't think that this is such a hard implementation since we're working with a touchscreen and that's what having a Palm is all about. If Palm expects to compete with iPhone I would think that touchscreen implementation would be a high priority. I've shown this current implementation of "buttoning" through the cities to iPhone users and they think it's cumbersome. Too many levels deep to just view information that you are expecting to see at the Display level. The task isn't implemented they way visual users who love touchscreens think. I don't know what percentage of Palm/Centro users are that base but I'd expect it to be pretty high because of the touchscreen.

Now I don't want to get into the discussion of multiple entry points to a task and made one PC implementation more appealing than another but you get what I mean. The Palm is designed for visual users and button users. I've decided not to purchase applications just based on ease of use (or lack there of).

This is a nice app. It's just a few more lines of code away from being a REALLY COOL ELEGANT APP.

Lisa
    I must say I do agree with you on the stylus thing. I pull mine out almost instinctively when I pick up my Centro. Having been a Palm user since the beginning Palm and stylus are synonymous. And while the D-Pad or 5-way navigator is good, it is often very slow to do things with or to get to certain parts of an app.

Hopefully Deluxeware will 'get er done'.

Carl

Have you tried the new TouchLauncher for Palm devices?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&goto=newpost
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    The Centro has a stylus? Just kidding. I think I pulled it out once to see if the claims about how flimsy it is were true - they are. Personally I find using the D-pad with this app to be a lot faster then my finger, to say nothing of the time it takes to pull out the stylus. For one handed operation, the D-pad is the way to go, but I am not suggesting there is anything wrong with you wanting to use a stylus.
    Hey Mouse, Quickster,

I just got the cities to cycle through with the round shiny ring thing in the middle of the phone. It does work well.

Ok, I can deal with it, it's a one handed operation which is good.

I just wouldn't know to use the round shiny ring thing without some instruction ...which...obviously I didn't. I like to design applications so the user doesn't need instruction. Weather is mostly an app that doesn't need instruction. This is the only oddball thing that is not really intuitive but it is livable once you know about it. All the other operations you can tap into.

Very cool.

I've got a Invisashield screen protector. So I just wipe it off if it gets messy.

Resetting my keys to factory would be a disaster for me. I've customized too much. What I did do was set a different key for bringing up the Select City menu through the weather app. I even bring up the weather app through a Favorite key I've set. "W".

Lisa
    atalanta,

I'm glad you found the "D" pad or as some have called it, a 5 way navigation - the Centro is the first Palm I have seen that doesn't make the "D" pad clear (no arrows). If you were familiar with older Palms whether it be Treo's or Pilots, that is one of the three main ways to navigate ( "D" pad, stylus, or finger).

The the "D" pad or the 5 way navigation have "arrows" (except the Centro) pointing up, down, left, and right and the center "select button" in various configurations. Since you were not familiar with it, you will find it one of the best "one hand" operated phone/pda. I use it for everything, but when I get stuck or have a poorly implemented program doesn't flow well by using the "D" pad then I pull out the stylus or use what little nail I have.

I am suprised that the Centro manual does tell you about the "D" pad or maybe they call it a 5 way navigation? Because it makes it very easy to navigate your screen icons. One other cool thing, if you want to go directly to your program on the screen, simply use the first letter of the program. Example, this is assuming you have your screen showing "all" the icons rather than in catagories; simply press the letter "w" for the web icon, "m" for memo, etc. Although that might not work very well with your custom key settings?

I think the Weather program just assumes you are familiar with Palms navigation system. But once you get use to it, I think you will find it faster than pulling out the stylus in most cases and have to clean your screen less

Ever look at an iPhone after they have used it awhile? The screen is a mess - so dirty! - yikes!

I'll use a "D" pad and have a clean screen!
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Tolian_Deluxeware

Would it be difficult to have the 7-day keyguard display be the same as the 7-day display on the main program (same background, etc.)?
    I don't use the stylus. I use my fingernail. Poke, poke, poke (tap,tap,tap).

Mouse, you're right, the Centro doesn't have arrows on the "D-pad". It's just a round shiny circle ring thingy. They refer to it as the "Center Ring" in the Centro user-guide. I've also heard it called the 5-way nav.

Yeah I mess up my touchscreen quite a bit. Having the screen shield on it makes it easier to clean up every once in a while. Messing it up hasn't kept me from poking at it though. That's just the way I work.

On another note, I saw an input device that behaves similar to "Minority Report" at a game developer's conference. I can't wait for that thing.
    On another note, I saw an input device that behaves similar to "Minority Report" at a game developer's conference. I can't wait for that thing.
    Do you know who was doing that input device? It would be way cool.

Carl
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Quote Originally Posted by quickster View Post
    Do you know who was doing that input device? It would be way cool.

Carl
    I'm sure this isn't what you're talking about, but you can do the same thing with a PC and a Wiimote.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    w00000000h00000
    Finally Proxy support! Now I can use it!
    Palm Centro (AT&T Unlocked) on T-Mobile using $5.99 T-Zones.
    Thank You!
    Hello folks!

The new version 0.65:
    http://download.deluxeware.com/Weather_0_65.prc

Modifications:
    - Directory navigation for "Select Background" option
    - Limit of 256 images for "Select Background" had been eliminated.
    - Few bugs was fixed

Thanks!
    Anatoly Terebilov
    Lead programmer

tolian(at)deluxeware.com

DELUXEWARE company
    www.deluxeware.com
    Quote Originally Posted by wildfire070 View Post
    Any word on replacing the 14 day tab with a "cities" tab that shows the current weather in your top 3-5 cities?
    Yes.
    7/14 days view should be optional.
    The new button "Cities" should be included.
    Anatoly Terebilov
    Lead programmer

tolian(at)deluxeware.com

DELUXEWARE company
    www.deluxeware.com
    atlanta

I read all of posts, but it is not clear for me.
    Can you write description of all problems to support(at)deluxeware.com or tolian(at)deluxeware.com ?
    I will concern with all directly.

Thanks.
    Anatoly Terebilov
    Lead programmer

tolian(at)deluxeware.com

DELUXEWARE company
    www.deluxeware.com
    How about in the Auto Update Settings for "Auto Update Every X" have it be user defined? I'd like a 3 hour period. Having it user defined would be better. So we can put X amount of mins or hours, and not have to be so specific like the Advanced scheduler.
    Mouse, you're right, the Centro doesn't have arrows on the "D-pad". It's just a round shiny circle ring thingy. They refer to it as the "Center Ring" in the Centro user-guide. I've also heard it called the 5-way nav.
    The Centro's "Ring" IS a D-Pad. Directional-Pad, 5-Way Nav Pad.
    You can press UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT and push the middle button.

It just looks like a ring, but you can press on it for the arrows.
    Quote Originally Posted by nXt View Post
    How about in the Auto Update Settings for "Auto Update Every X" have it be user defined? I'd like a 3 hour period. Having it user defined would be better. So we can put X amount of mins or hours, and not have to be so specific like the Advanced scheduler.
    Ok. We can.
    Anatoly Terebilov
    Lead programmer

tolian(at)deluxeware.com

DELUXEWARE company
    www.deluxeware.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolian_Deluxeware View Post
    Yes.
    7/14 days view should be optional.
    The new button "Cities" should be included.
    Hmm...I just installed the new version and I'm not seeing it. Am I doing something wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by wildfire070 View Post
    Hmm...I just installed the new version and I'm not seeing it. Am I doing something wrong?
    No, It is at my task list only.
    This features would be released in nearest future.
    Anatoly Terebilov
    Lead programmer

tolian(at)deluxeware.com

DELUXEWARE company
    www.deluxeware.com
    Quote Originally Posted by nXt View Post
    The problem with your suggestion would be that you wouldn't have the option to choose which days you'd want the updates to work. I personally enjoy this feature that allows me to choose the days I require an update.
    Haven't been able to update(auto or manual) since early this morning. Anyone else having troubles? Build 63 Sprint 755.
    Same here. v0.65
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover