Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 232829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by atalanta View Post
    Bug Report: .59 would not release (disconnect) the network when finished updating. I don't know if this is a Palm problem or what but I've noticed the network connection will stay on forever if I don't manually disconnect after an update. Is there a way to set disconnect after update?
    Weather application does not close exist connections. (which could be created by another application)
    You can check how Weather app close connection:
    1. Reset Palm device to clear all sockets.
    2. Start up Weather and disable flag "Keep connection alive"
    3. Exit from Weather.
    Anatoly Terebilov
    Lead programmer

tolian(at)deluxeware.com

DELUXEWARE company
    www.deluxeware.com
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    1) The auto-update doesn't re-enable the keygaurd for me. I've called a few ppl from my pocket because of that! I do have KeyGuard and I am using Butler to block hard-keys (so, it could be a conflict somewhere). It also take a sec or two to show the weather keygaurd on top of the real keygaurd. Again, may be due to Butler but I thought I'd mention it anyway!
    Thank you for notification.
    Of course, we can not guarantee that Weather-guard should be work with some hacks or system extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    2) Not sure if this is related, but since I started testing Weather, my SD card will randomly disappear till I do a soft-reset. If anyone can point me in the right direction here, I'd appreciate it!
    Weather application does not use card's notifications.
    I am sure it is not Weather's problem.

Thanks!
    Anatoly Terebilov
    Lead programmer

tolian(at)deluxeware.com

DELUXEWARE company
    www.deluxeware.com
    Quote Originally Posted by GHMacDonald View Post
    Also - your autoupdate is very intrusive. It would be nice if it were done without interrupting the current work.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfire View Post
    I second the "all cities auto update" request. Should be easy to do. As for interfering with other apps, you can set it to auto update whenever you want in the options window.
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    It would be nice to have the auto update feature check the OS and start the update when the OS has been idle for a set amount of time - there have been instances where I am doing something and the auto update takes over and stops me in my tracks - as I am not constantly monitoring the time and reminding myself I better stop what I am doing because my auto update is just going to start - my brain doesn't have enough CPU power and available memory left for monitoring such things
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    I agree w/MouseGlider.
    Excellent idea to check OS status (idle or not) before auto-update.
    Background update is one of my tasks for Weather app.
    I should to find the best way to do it.

Thanks!
    Anatoly Terebilov
    Lead programmer

tolian(at)deluxeware.com

DELUXEWARE company
    www.deluxeware.com
    great app. nice add on,s
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolian_Deluxeware View Post
    Hello Guys!

I come back and my hands are not empty.
    The version 0.64: http://download.deluxeware.com/Weather_0_64.prc
    Nice job Anatoly.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Any word on replacing the 14 day tab with a "cities" tab that shows the current weather in your top 3-5 cities?
    Quote Originally Posted by wildfire070 View Post
    Any word on replacing the 14 day tab with a "cities" tab that shows the current weather in your top 3-5 cities?
    I don't want the 14 day tab replaced with the "All Cities". I'd just like to be able to tap on the city name in the upper corner and toggle from city to city. It will keep the layout cleaner and it just makes sense to leave th 14 day feature there.
    Once a designer, always a designer.
    www.banditbailbonds.com
    Invisashield
    Motorola ROKR T505
    Bug? When using the hot keys as described my phone reset. I don't have any other apps on my centro other than the original ATT set Time Deluxe and Weather beta.
    www.banditbailbonds.com
    Invisashield
    Motorola ROKR T505
    0.64 works great! Thanks Anatoly, particularly for the 'all city update'!
    I don't want the 14 day tab replaced with the "All Cities". I'd just like to be able to tap on the city name in the upper corner and toggle from city to city. It will keep the layout cleaner and it just makes sense to leave th 14 day feature there.

atalanta,

I don't understand what you are saying - when I am in the main screen of my primary city, I can simply press the bottom part of the "D" pad and move from city to city - is that what you are talking about?

Sorry if I misunderstand - just curious.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    atalanta,

I don't understand what you are saying - when I am in the main screen of my primary city, I can simply press the bottom part of the "D" pad and move from city to city - is that what you are talking about?

Sorry if I misunderstand - just curious.
    Hi MouseGlider, I don't know if I'm being a stupid user or what? I press the "D" pad (key) and nothing happens as you say. No toggle. I have caused the phone to reset twice already by trying to use the default keys as suggested by Tolian. The screen goes white then the phone goes through the shut down process and resets.

>>>>>What I'm requesting is a "touchscreen" toggle. By "tap and holding" the city name in the upper left corner on the main screen (Current, 48hrs, 7days, 14 days) I would see a drop down list of the cities and then pick one.
    OR
    If I were to tap the city name on the main screen, it would just move to the next city. I tap again I get the next city and so on.

This all happens by tapping the big yellow "San Francisco," CA, USA in the upper left hand quarter on the "touchscreen".

I much of my key pad is already assigned to other favorites. It maybe that the Weather default hot keys are conflicting with my other functions.

Sorry to be a pain. As a visual user I feel I shouldn't have to hotkey or change my hotkeys to get to this function when I can go directly to my touchscreen. TimeDeluxe has a similar ability in that if you tap on the watch or alarm you get a dropdown of functions, so I know Deluxeware knows how to do this...it's just a matter of my explaining myself better.

Thanks, hope this helps.
    www.banditbailbonds.com
    Invisashield
    Motorola ROKR T505
    Ok I finally got the city select menu to pop up from the keypad. I found a key I don't have assigned.

I'm giving this functionality a name for discussion purposes: Toggle/Add City Select

I assigned key "P". It pops up the "city select" menu. Then I use the Centro round button thingy to move up and down the list to pick a city and then move to the right or tap the screen and close the screen and I see the new city data on the display. This is slightly different functionality than I asked for but it's good and provides the user a little more control if they want to "add a new city" or "display a new city" in one use case.

Now that I've seen this implementation I'm going to re-scope my toggle city display request.
    -----------
    I'm giving this functionality that I've been requesting a name: Tap Screen City Display Toggle

My instinct is to TAP the big yellow city name in the upper left hand quarter of the touch screen instead of bringing up the "city select" preferences menu. I'd still like to tap, tap, tap the name of city display name and just go through the cities I have activated for updates. ONLY the cities I have activated for updates all the time (I'm expecting to store some cities in the "city selection" menu, but not update them). If I want to be more specific then I'll use the hot key Toggle/Add City Select functionality.

-----------
    Functionality: Update Active Display Cities ONLY. I still would like to update (what I've been calling activate) some of the cities but not all the cities. For example: I would like to be able select to update and display two out of the five cities. I want to store a city in my "City Select" list but I just don't want to update it and display it through the "tap screen toggle" function unless I need it. This subset display functionality might be controlled by the user through either the "City Selection" menu or the "Auto-Update".
    -------
    Under "Auto update settings" I have selected "update all cities". It's not updating all the cities. Am I missing something?
    ---------
    This is a beautiful and fun application. Good job so far.
    www.banditbailbonds.com
    Invisashield
    Motorola ROKR T505
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolian_Deluxeware View Post
    "N/A" is a part of image. Sometimes the image for current condition does not available.
    I had removed image for "N/A" now.
    I missed this post. I thought it was just my installation. So I uninstalled and re-installed and wondered. This explains why. Thanks.
    Ok I finally got the city select menu to pop up from the keypad. I found a key I don't have assigned.

I'm giving this functionality a name for discussion purposes: Toggle/Add City Select

I assigned key "P". It pops up the "city select" menu. Then I use the Centro round button thingy to move up and down the list to pick a city and then move to the right or tap the screen and close the screen and I see the new city data on the display. This is slightly different functionality than I asked for but it's good and provides the user a little more control if they want to "add a new city" or "display a new city" in one use case.

Now that I've seen this implementation I'm going to re-scope my toggle city display request.
    -----------
    I'm giving this functionality that I've been requesting a name: Tap Screen City Display Toggle

My instinct is to TAP the big yellow city name in the upper left hand quarter of the touch screen instead of bringing up the "city select" preferences menu. I'd still like to tap, tap, tap the name of city display name and just go through the cities I have activated for updates. ONLY the cities I have activated for updates all the time (I'm expecting to store some cities in the "city selection" menu, but not update them). If I want to be more specific then I'll use the hot key Toggle/Add City Select functionality.

-----------
    Functionality: Update Active Display Cities ONLY. I still would like to update (what I've been calling activate) some of the cities but not all the cities. For example: I would like to be able select to update and display two out of the five cities. I want to store a city in my "City Select" list but I just don't want to update it and display it through the "tap screen toggle" function unless I need it. This subset display functionality might be controlled by the user through either the "City Selection" menu or the "Auto-Update".
    -------
    Under "Auto update settings" I have selected "update all cities". It's not updating all the cities. Am I missing something?
    ---------
    This is a beautiful and fun application. Good job so far.
    Just curious - since you say "tap, tap, tap " you must be using your stylus alot? I have almost weaned myself from using the stylus, but there are times when it is faster to use the stylus or when I'm stuck or the program is not "D" pad friendly

And you are using a 3rd party launcher or something to rename your "keys"?

If you didn't use a stylus and or a 3rd party launcher, or renaming the function keys to other than stock position to programs - then I think the Weather program and its functions would work normally.

Dang! I knew my brain was to weak to understand all of your verbage - sorry.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Atalanta,

Something must be amiss with your installation. When I have more than one city in my cities database, I can simply press the down side, the old Palm Page Down type function, of the D-Pad and doing that scrolls through my list of cities. When a city is displayed I can then tap the center select button on the D-Pad and it updates the city I have displayed.

I really think you are overcomplicationg something that works and is very simple to use.

Carl

BTW, I have been a Palm developer since 1967 and do understand what you are asking but it appears to be adding functionality that is already there and works with the D-Pad.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Quote Originally Posted by quickster View Post
    BTW, I have been a Palm developer since 1967...
    That would be remarkable indeed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FerdFerd View Post
    That would be remarkable indeed!
    Whoops wrong date on that statement. My bad... 1967 is when I graduated from Purdue. Started doing Palm work in 1997.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"

-----------
    atalanta,

Curious, what kind of program do you use to reasign all of your different keypad keys, and does that come standard on your Centro??
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Hi Mouse,
    Ah, er, what's a "D-pad"? Is it the thing they call the "Center Ring" on the Centro?

I am NOT using a third party launcher. I don't have any other applications installed on my Centro other than what came with it from ATT, TimeDeluxe and Weather Beta.

I just create a quick key favorite, page 70 in the Centro User guide. I created a lot of favorites. Phone numbers, access to applications, web pages, messaging/email, voicemail. I like press only one key per favorite. This option, two key stuff is a drag and can't be done easily with one hand. I've even re-assigned my preset keys surrounding the center-ring. You can do that through Preferences>Buttons.

A user will alway find ways to use something for other than it was originally intended. A great product will adapt to the user. That's why you can re-assign keys, make favorites and add applications to the Palm.

TAP, TAP, TAP, I don't use the stylus. I use my fingernail. I use the touchscreen a lot. After having the Centro for a month I even find myself poking at the screen on my kids cell phone which isn't a touchscreen but has icons all over it. I use the keypad for text entries and for selecting my preset favorites. On my Mac and Windows machines I use a Wacom, keyboard and three button mouse but now after the Centro I'm starting to poke at my Mac laptop screen. I don't code. I draw and build models. I'm a tactile user. There's a lot of us out there who like touchscreens.
    _________

Hi Quickster, I totally respect your position as an engineer. But as a lazy end user (just joking, kinda) I want to poke at the screen to do many functions (tap, tap, tap with my fingernail). As a visual user I just want to reach the icon and make it do something. That's why I liked the Centro so much. It does like I think. I want to just touch the City Display Name and it cycles to the next city. When I 'm looking at the weather information I'm not thinking about keys...I don't want to. I want to interact with what I see just like I do on the rest of the Centro. That's what makes it soooo cool.

I wouldn't think that this is such a hard implementation since we're working with a touchscreen and that's what having a Palm is all about. If Palm expects to compete with iPhone I would think that touchscreen implementation would be a high priority. I've shown this current implementation of "buttoning" through the cities to iPhone users and they think it's cumbersome. Too many levels deep to just view information that you are expecting to see at the Display level. The task isn't implemented they way visual users who love touchscreens think. I don't know what percentage of Palm/Centro users are that base but I'd expect it to be pretty high because of the touchscreen.

Now I don't want to get into the discussion of multiple entry points to a task and made one PC implementation more appealing than another but you get what I mean. The Palm is designed for visual users and button users. I've decided not to purchase applications just based on ease of use (or lack there of).

This is a nice app. It's just a few more lines of code away from being a REALLY COOL ELEGANT APP.

Lisa
    Hi Mouse,
    Ah, er, what's a "D-pad"? Is it the thing they call the "Center Ring" on the Centro?

I am NOT using a third party launcher. I don't have any other applications installed on my Centro other than what came with it from ATT, TimeDeluxe and Weather Beta.

I just create a quick key favorite, page 70 in the Centro User guide. I created a lot of favorites. Phone numbers, access to applications, web pages, messaging/email, voicemail. I like press only one key per favorite. This option, two key stuff is a drag and can't be done easily with one hand. I've even re-assigned my preset keys surrounding the center-ring. You can do that through Preferences>Buttons.

A user will alway find ways to use something for other than it was originally intended. A great product will adapt to the user. That's why you can re-assign keys, make favorites and add applications to the Palm.

TAP, TAP, TAP, I don't use the stylus. I use my fingernail. I use the touchscreen a lot. After having the Centro for a month I even find myself poking at the screen on my kids cell phone which isn't a touchscreen but has icons all over it. I use the keypad for text entries and for selecting my preset favorites. On my Mac and Windows machines I use a Wacom, keyboard and three button mouse but now after the Centro I'm starting to poke at my Mac laptop screen. I don't code. I draw and build models. I'm a tactile user. There's a lot of us out there who like touchscreens.
    _________

Lisa
    I have a Treo 755p so my manual is different than yours. I understand that the Centro and Treo have very slight differences. I do not know if I can set my keys up that way, but I bet if you set your key mapping back to default just for a test, I bet Weather will work normally.

Yes that oval shinning thin chrome ring with the big button in the center just below the screen is the "D" pad.

Ahhhh, I have to use a stylus to tap, tap, tap, because fairer side of the sex probably have better fingernails to do the tapping - that is why I use the stylus - I don't use my finger because I hate dirty phones and screens.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us