Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 222728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
    for those that have nothing to do on this fine Saturday - version 0.63 is out
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Anyone know if the socket issue is is fixed in 0.63? I was getting the problem in 0.62 but haven't had a chance to install 0.63 yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    for those that have nothing to do on this fine Saturday - version 0.63 is out
    Tks for the heads-up MouseGlider.
    Have a good weekend.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    SafeGuard, by GoTreoSoftware (same maker of CradleCare) also has this feature and supposedly it is implemented a bit better then the CradleCare. It works great on my Centro.
    Thanks! I'll definitely check those out!
    Quote Originally Posted by atalanta View Post
    Ok here goes without making screen shots.

I've loaded about 6 cities that I would like to track weather at one time or another, but not all the time. I'd like to track 3 of those cities all the time with one of them being my home town.

Currently at the city select menu the main city (home) is given an orange dot signifying that this is the city information is being updated. Unless I'm missing something only that city gets weather updates and there is no way to update more than one city.

I'd like to designate other cities to also get weather updates. For instance City A, Orange Dot. City B Blue Dot, City C Green. Three active cities are probably enough. The other cities will not be activated in unless I travel to that city and want to turn on updates for that city.

I'd like to designate the Orange city as home. The other dots are because I do work in those cities and want to know the weather difference.

1. I'd like to toggle between cities from the main page.
    Option A: I would like the dots to display on the main page (with the little compass), I'd like to see just the dots show up in the upper right corner. A fly over tag can remind me of the names assigned to the other two dots. Clicking one of those dots will toggle between the cities.
    Option B: Click on the city name in the upper left corner, a drop down of other available ACTIVE cities you can select from to toggle between cities.

I can make screen mock ups if need be. Hopefully I've explained myself well.

Thanks,
    Lisa
    Hi

I have a much easier request - update all of the cities at least on when an autoupdate is done.

Also - your autoupdate is very intrusive. It would be nice if it were done without interrupting the current work.

Thanks

George
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I second the "all cities auto update" request. Should be easy to do. As for interfering with other apps, you can set it to auto update whenever you want in the options window.

Thanks!
    It would be nice to have the auto update feature check the OS and start the update when the OS has been idle for a set amount of time - there have been instances where I am doing something and the auto update takes over and stops me in my tracks - as I am not constantly monitoring the time and reminding myself I better stop what I am doing because my auto update is just going to start - my brain doesn't have enough CPU power and available memory left for monitoring such things
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

I agree w/MouseGlider.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    My answer to keeping auto update from stopping me in the middle of doing something is to set it to operate at 5:15 in the morning.
    Well 5:15 in the morning is not the most useful time. I really don't care what the conditions ate at 5:15 as I am in bed asleep. You might as well just use manual update.

I like the idea of weather checking to see if the palm is in use. I will be on the palm for hours at at time as I use it to check email, read news, etc. I'll use it in place of the computer at many times.

George
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I set auto updates at 6:00am, 8:00am, & 6:30pm - then I do manual updates whenever I'm in wifi range (TX, no treo for me). This way I have at least a recent forecast update if I leave home early (6:00am), but most days I leave home at 8:15am so I get an update just before I leave, then I hope to be home eating around 6:15pm and that one sets me up for the night. If I get a treo I will most likely pull an auto every hour or two during waking hours.
    I set mine at 6:45am, 10:00am, 2:00pm, 6:00pm, 10:00pm so I have 4hr window of weather and do a manual update anywhere in between if I really have to know.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

I guess my approach to finding out what the weather is right now usually is to look out the window. 12-24 hour intervals for what is coming in the future is close enough for me. Over that time span, you can find disagreements between different services.

Go figure. Maybe I'm not a real user after all!
    I did not know about this before and I may have missed it on earlier posts, so please forgive me if I am just repeating it.

If you are in the weather application and you hit the center button of your 5-way, it runs the manual update.
    Perhaps an overlooked feature - on the Current screen, pressing down on the 5-way nav button brings up your next city.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Hello Guys!

I come back and my hands are not empty.
    The version 0.64: http://download.deluxeware.com/Weather_0_64.prc

Modifications:
    1. All cities update.
    Use button "A" (default settings) to initiate global update manually.
    Or set flag "Menu" -> "Auto-Update settings" -> "Update all cities" for global auto update.

2. Hot-Keys settings.
    You can set up hot-keys for usng at Weather application:
    - Update current city (default "U")
    - Update all cities (default "A")
    - Quick access to select/find city (default "C")

3. Few minor interface/control fixes.

I know that "Update all cities" feature is a mostly wanted option for many customers. I could not release it because this option certainly increased server load.
    But now we have reserve server and option "Advanced scheduler"(which does really optimize customer's requests).

Thanks!

P.S. New version will reseted all cities and settings.

P.P.S. You can simple install the new version over old.
    Last edited by Tolian_Deluxeware; 05/03/2008 at 09:46 AM.
    Anatoly Terebilov
    Lead programmer

tolian(at)deluxeware.com

DELUXEWARE company
    www.deluxeware.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolian_Deluxeware View Post
    Modifications:
    1. All cities update.
    Use button "A" (default settings) to initiate global update manually.
    Or set flag "Menu" -> "Auto-Update settings" -> "Update all cities" for global auto update.

2. Hot-Keys settings.
    You can set up hot-keys for usng at Weather application:
    - Update current city (default "U")
    - Update all cities (default "A")
    - Quick access to select/find city (default "C")
    Works as advertised, great updates.
    Hi

Thanks - Works great

George
    One of the nicest little fix's is when you enter the zip code to find the city for example - after Weather finds it - it stays highlighted on the city it found so all you have to do is hit the "add" button rather than having to select the city after Weather finds it and then selecting "add" button - cool!

Nice Update! Hope to see some of those screen shots I made implemented in some future update - post number 483 page 25 hint - hint

Also post number 627 page 32 would be nice in some future update also.

Thanks again for making such a nice program.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    Look at the moon. You can see the N/A behind the temperature.
    "N/A" is a part of image. Sometimes the image for current condition does not available.
    I had removed image for "N/A" now.
    Anatoly Terebilov
    Lead programmer

tolian(at)deluxeware.com

DELUXEWARE company
    www.deluxeware.com