Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
    Running latest version & all seems fine.

I still have a question that was originally asked in Post #140 and I haven't seen answered:
    One question though - can Weather install on an external card so as not to takeup so much memory?
    I update manually without leaving the connection ON or using timers/alarms so this would save me some RAM space.
    Experience is what you get when you thought you were getting something else.

Quote Originally Posted by lelisa13p View Post
    Running latest version & all seems fine.

I still have a question that was originally asked in Post #140 and I haven't seen answered:
    I update manually without leaving the connection ON or using timers/alarms so this would save me some RAM space.
    You can do that but the weather.prc will insists on staying on the memory even after you have moved it to the SD card. Probably better to use some 3rd party memory management software like Zlink or LinkStart.
    I'm a ZLauncher user so that's essentially the same thing. Thanks.
    Experience is what you get when you thought you were getting something else.

This is not a major issue, but ...
    I have version .60 on a Treo 680. When I go to settings, to Background Select, Background Image, the pda freezes and requires a reset. Is anyone else experiencing this? I can do all other settings. There is something about the accessing the storage to find the list of available images that is freezing this.
    I just tried it and it it works fine on my centro. was able to select a pic from the card and use it as the background with no problems.
    Vinnie
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I can't get updates with version .60. When I try, Weather responds with this message, "No responce. Please check your Internet connection".

My connection worked in other applications, so that's not the problem. I tried connecting to my network before entering the app, after starting the app, and toggled the proxy option - they all failed. I was successfully using .58 til now.

Please consider making the AutoUpdates optional. The notification is nice, but when I was forced to install .60 today and found it didn't work, I can't go back to the last version that worked because your servers refuse to let me connect with anything other than the newest release.

A little nit-pick... The error message says No responce, it should be response.
    Help - what is the latest version (0.59 or 0.60) and how does one get it?

For information sake, I have down OTA updates on my 755 but it would be a lot easier if _ were not in the name. I have not been able to figure out how to input that char. on the 755.

Thanks

George
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GHMacDonald View Post
    The latest is version .60 and is available on the Deluxeware website, here. The AutoUpdate feature in Weather will also notify you that a newer (public/release) version is available when you try to update your forecast. It will then give you the choice to download it immediately to your device.

.59 is linked to in post #576, click here
    Thanks for the info. I turned autoupdate on yesterday evening and didn't get any notice. Also didn't go far enough in the website to see the page with the updated version. Also subscribed to email uodates.

Thanks again

George
    Quote Originally Posted by GHMacDonald View Post

For information sake, I have down OTA updates on my 755 but it would be a lot easier if _ were not in the name. I have not been able to figure out how to input that char. on the 755.

Thanks

George
    to get to the "_" when you are typing on the 755p, press the "Alt" key on the bottom right of your keypad - this will sound strange but after the last letter you have to use the space bar one time and than use the "Alt" key - if you don't add the space it will come up with another option - using the space bar will put the underline in the correct spot.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Hi

Thanks for the reply. I am learning all kinds of things today.

Thanks again

George
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_L View Post
    I can't get updates with version .60. When I try, Weather responds with this message, "No responce. Please check your Internet connection".
    Scott,
    Tks for the heads up on v.60. Are you still having problems with v.60? I'd like to know before I install it.
    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Scott,
    Tks for the heads up on v.60. Are you still having problems with v.60? I'd like to know before I install it.
    TIA
    Working fine so far on my T680 with version 0.60.
    TurboTiger,

I just installed v0.60 right over v0.58 - although I lost all my settings - everything works fine for me including auto updates - btw, this is the first time I have ever installed right over a previous version - I read in an earlier post that that was ok. At least I hope so.

Edited: -> Quote: Originally Posted by Tolian_Deluxeware (post number 561); No, You can simple install new version over the older.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Tks guys,
    I just intalled it over the previous one and everything is OK

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Tks for the heads up on v.60. Are you still having problems with v.60?
    I see you got it working fine. I have bounced between .57 thru .60 and it doesn't work no matter what I do. .57 and .58 connect once then make me upgrade to .60. .59 doesn't work either. I have uninstalled, reset, warm reset, copied over, you name it.

Has anyone with a TX had any success with .60? I really wish I could fall back to .58 (and stay there til things are fixed)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_L View Post
    I see you got it working fine. I have bounced between .57 thru .60 and it doesn't work no matter what I do. .57 and .58 connect once then make me upgrade to .60. .59 doesn't work either. I have uninstalled, reset, warm reset, copied over, you name it.

Has anyone with a TX had any success with .60? I really wish I could fall back to .58 (and stay there til things are fixed)
    Well Scott you spoke too soon. Now I'm having issues with v.60. It's completing the auto update but when I try to access the app, I get a white screen. I then hit one of my hard buttons and get out of the white screen.

Anyone else?
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    White screen here as well. v.60
    Software forced the update.

So I did the usual clean install and had no white screen problem except for same artifact leftover for Montreal QC, Canada on 0.60 version.

Deluxeware must have reset their server as I was able to get the updates.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 04/25/2008 at 12:10 AM.
    Yeah. I see "white-screen" bug comes back.
    It is a little confused for me, because I checked Weather at Treo 650/680, Palm TX, LifeDrive and all simulators.
    Can you try to reinstall version 0.61:
    http://download.deluxeware.com/Weather_0_61.prc

I include few addition checks to this version.

Thank you, folks!
    Anatoly Terebilov
    Lead programmer

tolian(at)deluxeware.com

DELUXEWARE company
    www.deluxeware.com