Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Thank you. I'll try that one now.
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    Tolian,

Just a note, approximately 11:00pm cst 4-16-08 Wed night the top date and time of the main screen of all the cities I have listed are wrong, then sometimes they are correct and then it goes back to incorrect again.

Sometimes it will correct itself and sometimes not - I thought by this morning 4-17-08 Thurs - it would have fixed itself - but the same thing - sometimes it will correct itself and sometimes not.

The bottom time and date in all cites is always correct, the keyguard time and date is also correct

Just an fyi. Anyone else have this strange problem? First time this has ever happened to me.
    If you look through the earlier posts you will see that I posted a similar problem a while back. I could not get it to display correctly untill installing version 0.57. It seems to run OK now.
    Seems to be working okay with 0.54 now, but I'll grab 0.57 anyway.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolian_Deluxeware View Post
    Our provider is CustomOnlineService (c):
    http://www.customonlineservice.com
    Thanks for the information Tolian! I've never heard of this before, but I now I see this is a Russian company that provides, among other services (e.g., news feeds), weather forecasts. I have no idea where CustomOnlineService gets the weather data they pass on to you. I've always trusted NOAA weather data, but very few programs use their information (one exception is xWeather). I've noticed that the current conditions in Weather are quite similar to NOAA's zip-code specific data. However, the forecasts are almost always remarkably different between the two, especially anything further out than 12-24 hours. Granted, weather forecasting is complex and ever-changing, but the discrepancy is interesting.

For users in the US, would you consider using NOAA weather data? Or perhaps providing a choice of providers? While the NOAA servers are occasionally quirky, their data is reliable and specific to location. I would love to see NOAA data used in your highly useful and beautiful program.

4. "Alerts and Radar information"
    I am know exact that "Alerts" feature should be in future.
    If I may suggest, you could incorporate an Alerts field in the keyguard too. For example, you could drop two days of the 7 day forecast to make room for an alert that there's a weather alert or not.

Your software is fantastic and full of potential. As noted by others, I'd certainly be willing to pay for the final product. Thanks for your hard work!
    I cannot find 0.57 using this URL http://download.deluxeware.com/Weather_0_57.prc. Says the file was not found on this server. Is there a newer location?
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    I cannot find 0.57 using this URL http://download.deluxeware.com/Weather_0_57.prc. Says the file was not found on this server. Is there a newer location?
    Odd. I just downloaded it by clicking on the link in your own post.
    Quote Originally Posted by FerdFerd View Post
    Odd. I just downloaded it by clicking on the link in your own post.
    Strange. I must've had a typo or something when I put it in my browser. Thanks for responding.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexel View Post
    If you look through the earlier posts you will see that I posted a similar problem a while back. I could not get it to display correctly untill installing version 0.57. It seems to run OK now.
    alexel,

My problem didn't start to do that "until" I installed 0.57 - I have a 755p - funny thing though - when I first installed 0.57 - it worked fine for about 8 hours

Update: I just uninstalled 0.57 and reinstalled 0.55 thinking it was an upgraded glitch and I still got the same problem - so maybe it is a server side or programming glitch? - as 0.57 did work fine for about 8 hours before it went whacky.

I guess I'll leave 0.55 in there and wait for a 0.58? I must have missed 0.56 in there somewhere
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 04/17/2008 at 06:01 PM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Anatoly,

Congratulations on the postive review given by TreoCentral. Here's the link in case anyone missed it:

http://treocentral.com/content/Stories/1632-1.htm

Unfortunately I didn't see any mention of one of the newest feature, the "Advanced Sdheduler"

Good luck to your group and thanks for a great app.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    First, let me say, GREAT PROGRAM!

Just one question (for now): I have two cities selected, and when it did the auto-update it only updates the city I have on the screen. Is there a way to automatically update all cities I have chosen?

Thanks.
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    post number 523 should answer a lot of your questions - this is a beta software so things will change
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Hi

Saw the writeup here and decided to try it again. I had tried it several months ago and it did not work at all on my 755. Downloaded .54 and it appeared to work OK. Looked at this thread and found our that 0.57 is latest version so I downloaded it. Having on major problem with it. It's showing April 22 2008 and 12:30 am as date and time (it's about 2 1/2 days off) on the current screen. On the keyguard screen it shows the correct date and time. I have deleted 0.54 so I can't check it there.

Am I doing something wrong???

George
    George, did you try to do a soft reset ?
    I've seen that helped in some cases. (don't know if it helps with the 755)

Ernest
    Quote Originally Posted by GHMacDonald View Post
    Hi

Saw the writeup here and decided to try it again. I had tried it several months ago and it did not work at all on my 755. Downloaded .54 and it appeared to work OK. Looked at this thread and found our that 0.57 is latest version so I downloaded it. Having on major problem with it. It's showing April 22 2008 and 12:30 am as date and time (it's about 2 1/2 days off) on the current screen. On the keyguard screen it shows the correct date and time. I have deleted 0.54 so I can't check it there.

Am I doing something wrong???

George

George,

I have a 755p also - I don't think you did anything wrong - I think it is a glitch on their side - but not a glitch in the software - but possibly their server - but I am just guessing - because I now experience the same problem as you have so I reloaded and older version 0.55 out of curiousity and still have the problem.

FYI, I have never experience this problem before version 0.57 - but as I said, even the old version 0.55 now has that problem for me - so the problem is around the time frame that 0.57 came out is my best guess.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

FWIW, I've had discrepancies between screens in the form of incorrect Days/Dates over the past two weekends. I figure there's a working server with hiccups. It's always eventually cleared up thus far; wait an hour and try to update again. Sometimes removing your City from the list, exiting the app, reopening the app and then adding the City again will help. Also, before installing an application upgrade, remove the old version and Soft Reset, then install the newer version.
    Experience is what you get when you thought you were getting something else.

Hello guys,

I see that a lot of posts about incorrect date/time and I am hurry to upload version 0.58
    I fixed the bug with incorrect date/time here
    http://download.deluxeware.com/Weather_0_58.prc

Please notice that time and time zone settings at your Palm should be correct.

P.S. New version supports 15 minutes and 30 minutes GMT intervals now.
    Such as Afganistan, Nepal, etc...

Thanks!
    Last edited by Tolian_Deluxeware; 04/21/2008 at 01:09 PM.
    Anatoly Terebilov
    Lead programmer

tolian(at)deluxeware.com

DELUXEWARE company
    www.deluxeware.com
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Anatoly,

Congratulations on the postive review given by TreoCentral. Here's the link in case anyone missed it:

http://treocentral.com/content/Stories/1632-1.htm

Unfortunately I didn't see any mention of one of the newest feature, the "Advanced Sdheduler"

Good luck to your group and thanks for a great app.
    Wow!!! Great news. Thank you, TurboTiger, for this link.
    And of course thanks to Neal Martin for excellent review!
    Anatoly Terebilov
    Lead programmer

tolian(at)deluxeware.com

DELUXEWARE company
    www.deluxeware.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    post number 523 should answer a lot of your questions - this is a beta software so things will change
    Thank you for you answer!
    Anatoly Terebilov
    Lead programmer

tolian(at)deluxeware.com

DELUXEWARE company
    www.deluxeware.com
    Hello guys,

I see that a lot of posts about incorrect date/time and I am hurry to upload version 0.58
    I fixed the bug with incorrect date/time here
    http://download.deluxeware.com/Weather_0_58.prc

Please notice that time and time zone settings at your Palm should be correct.

P.S. New version supports 15 minutes and 30 minutes GMT intervals now.
    Such as Afganistan, Nepal, etc...

Thanks!
    Anatoly,
    Should we delete the previous verison before installing v0.58?
    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Anatoly,
    Should we delete the previous verison before installing v0.58?
    TIA
    No, You can simple install new version over the older.
    Anatoly Terebilov
    Lead programmer

tolian(at)deluxeware.com

DELUXEWARE company
    www.deluxeware.com