Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
    Tolian,

Just an fyi - everything in version 0.54 works fine for me including auto updating - and is updating every hour as per my settings but is now updating at the 41min mark of the hour. It was working before your last server crash or update.

Example - currently it updates at 8:41am, 9:41am, 10:41am etc not on the hour like 8:00am, 9:00am, 10:00am etc

This is simply an fyi, as TurboTiger has stated above that you are a very busy guy and are working on many different projects.

I guess thats another blessing in disguise (1) that means you have a job in this bad economy and (2) it makes your days go faster.

Hope your new and other projects are going well!
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    Tolian,

Just an fyi - everything in version 0.54 works fine for me including auto updating - and is updating every hour as per my settings but is now updating at the 41min mark of the hour. It was working before your last server crash or update.

Example - currently it updates at 8:41am, 9:41am, 10:41am etc not on the hour like 8:00am, 9:00am, 10:00am etc
    MouseGlider,

This doesn't address your issue but sheds some light as to how it is working currently.

This is what Anatoly explained to me some time ago:

If set for an hourly update, and the update takes 45 seconds, the next update would take place 1 hour after time the last update was completed not from the time the update began. So each hour, it would begin 45 seconds later. This drives me nuts because it will drift as time progresses and eventually conflict with SnapperMaill update and others.

That is why I'm looking forward to the scheduler feature being added.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    TurboTiger,

What you say does make sense - but in version 0.50 it work the way I would have expected and as of 4-12-08? - it is now fixed again in version 0.54

I don't know how Tolian did it, but it works again, I am sure it will still drift from the hour mark as time goes on, and maybe there is some kind of auto reset clock mechanism on their server to compensate - because the last ten times or so, the weather updated at the 41min mark and this morning it updated at the 01min mark (example: 8:01am) - it doesn't matter even if I hit the manual update at the half hour mark or any other slot - it will still update on the 01min mark of the hour - so all is well again - I couldn't begin to tell you how it is done as I will leave that to the Weather team.

I must have missed it somewhere in this huge thread - is there a thread number about the schedular feature I can read? It sounds interesting.

Tolian, so if you fixed the time update from my "fyi post #501" - thank you - if it somehow fixed itself - thank you and your team anyway for a wonderful product.
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 04/13/2008 at 01:13 PM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    TurboTiger,

I must have missed it somewhere in this huge thread - is there a thread number about the schedular feature I can read? It sounds interesting.
    MouseGlider,
    Don't know in which post is was mentioned but I do know he plans to include this feature. He confirmed it in his last email to me. I hope this will materialize.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    How accurate has the temp been for everyones area?

Seems like it does not always match up for me with what other sources are reporting (ie weather.com, wunderground, the big thing on the bank sign...)
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Hi Tolian_Deluxeware... great application... and my comments...

• How about plugins for software like 2day?
    • I guess an "update all" feature would be nice... or maybe an update selected cities.
    • The time display at the top is 30 mins off. It could be because IST is +5:30 GMT. Can this be accommodated? Also, there are countries that are 15 mins off w.r.t. GMT.

Thanks again, for this really nice software.

- mvk
    I very much agree about the plug in idea. I had asked, Evgeny (the developer that posts on BH) about this (in regard to Datbk6 )and he said he would try to connect with the developer so I gave him links to CESD's yahoo group for the app. Haven't heard anything else about it. Haven't seen him there since 4-4-08.

I'm eagerly awaiting the 24 hour update option that Tolian indicated would be in the next update, that was scheduled for 7 days after my last inquiry about it. I'm hoping this delay and their absence means something really good is coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    How accurate has the temp been for everyones area?

Seems like it does not always match up for me with what other sources are reporting (ie weather.com, wunderground, the big thing on the bank sign...)
    I can live with a degree or so of Actual Temp difference. OTOH, I've been having the problem again today (Sunday) with the 48-Hour Forecast showing several days ahead (Wed, 04/16 and Thurs, 04/17) rather than today and tomorrow. This was also the case last weekend.
    Experience is what you get when you thought you were getting something else.

323 Posts
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    My 48 hour forecast has shown 48 hours as expected, but I did experience several periods over the past few days that I couldn't get any updates - resulted in "Failed" attempts. Maybe, if multiple servers are online, some are not parsing data correctly while others are?
    The server is really up and down, its down at the moment! I hope they get it sorted because it's really a great program.
    Hello guys!

Wow, so much posts from you!
    Sorry for delay, I was busy last time.
    Please give me time to read all posts, analyse their and reply.

I have new version 0.55.
    Mostly observable modifications:
    1. Advanced scheduler for auto-update
    2. Two hosts for updates: main and reserve.
    3. Database of cities has the same creator as Weather app.
    It is means that all cities would be deleted as a main application.

Direct link: http://download.deluxeware.com/Weather_0_55.prc

Thank you!
    Last edited by Tolian_Deluxeware; 04/14/2008 at 01:08 PM.
    Anatoly Terebilov
    Lead programmer

tolian(at)deluxeware.com

DELUXEWARE company
    www.deluxeware.com
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I see the time away from the forum has been productive. The Auto-Update Advanced scheduler looks great! Thank You! It's actually much more advanced that I expected. I can't wait to get home and test it out - no WiFi at work...

Did I say Thank You?!
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Could you possibly add the Bluetooth icon to the keygaurd? That would be an amazing addition! Also, (further in the future) a slide-up to unlock would be nice.

The only problem I've come across is that when it updates, the keygaurd doesn't come back on. I've called my own friend many times since my phone has been in my pocket when this has happened!

Keep up the Good work!
    'Welcome back' Tolian!

The 'Advanced Scheduler' looks great, like Scott L remarked, I too did not expect it to be so advanced. Will update you on how it works. Did you manage any improvement in regard to the KeyGuard utility? I noticed that the top bar on the screen displaying the local time displays correctly now. Many thanks for all the work you've put into this program!
    Awesome! I really like the scheduled update feature. I have it set to update at 6pm and 7am and my 6pm update just took place without incident. Me likey! Thank you!!!!
    I like the advanced scheduler too! Thanks.
    I woudl call the new advance scheduler very sophisticated.
    Nice work Anatoly.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    The Advanced Scheduler has successfully run the 3 updates it has encountered so far. Everything else appears fine as well. Nice release!
    Thank you for feedbacks!

http://download.deluxeware.com/Weather_0_57.prc
    And version 0.57 with hot-fixes:
    1. Advances scheduler's view depend of time format settings (Military / Regular)
    2. 5-way navigator fixed.
    3. Keyguard for Treo were fixed (It should works good with Calendar alerts now)
    alexel, can you try 0.57 version and confirm me that all right at your Treo too?

Thanks!
    Anatoly Terebilov
    Lead programmer

tolian(at)deluxeware.com

DELUXEWARE company
    www.deluxeware.com
    So far so good. The Auto-Schedule updates work fine and I've activated the KeyGuard and was able to receive alerts normally. I just want to test this version over a period of time to see if the KeyGuard affects the stability of my T68.

Update: Ooops! Just had a reset - the first in over a week. Will keep you updated.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexel View Post
    Ooops! Just had a reset - the first in over a week. Will keep you updated.
    Please tell me: What does cause a reset? Weather application or auto-update or weather-guard?

Thank you.
    Anatoly Terebilov
    Lead programmer

tolian(at)deluxeware.com

DELUXEWARE company
    www.deluxeware.com