Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by robert2281 View Post
    I know this might not be feasible due to space & other constraints, but would it be possible to include if its currently raining or the chance of rain in the next few hours on the "current" keyguard?
    Thank you too!
    I have forwarded your request to designer.
    Anatoly Terebilov
    Lead programmer

tolian(at)deluxeware.com

DELUXEWARE company
    www.deluxeware.com
    Quote Originally Posted by robert2281 View Post
    I know this might not be feasible due to space & other constraints, but would it be possible to include if its currently raining or the chance of rain in the next few hours on the "current" keyguard? I live in a basement so I have no idea what's going on outside & I use the keyguard to tell me if I should take a coat or not. It would be great if it could also tell me whether to take an umbrella or not. Looking forward to your response & thank again for this wonderfull app.

I like this idea. Maybe if there wasn't a 14 day view, there would be "room" for this feature? I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by He123321 View Post
    I rather have current, 36hr, and 7 day. 48hr is a bit off, and 14 day is just taking up space IMO.
    How about current, 24 hour and 5 day? The current is nice to see what temp it is at the moment, but I'd like a 24 hour breakdown...ya know, to see if it looks like rain for the afternoon but not morning kinda thing (so I can know if I should worry about taking clothes for tennis afterwork lol). No really, the morning, afternoon, evening break down is really nice. Yea, I know I get that in the 48hr view, but just putting a plug in for a tab. lol

But seriously though, considering how unreliable weather reports are/tend to be, it would seem that shorter time frames are all we need. Otherwise, as someone has already pointed out it's just bloating the app.

Edit: Oh, and any additional thought given to a 24 hour auto update setting option?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolian_Deluxeware View Post
    Please tell me how can I reproduce this bug?
    If possible step by step.

Thank you in advance!
    I am so sorry not to be of more help, but in general if I set the KeyGuard to display 7 days it seems more problematic than if I set it to 1 day. It never the less is only intermittent, and most times it is fine.
    Last edited by alexel; 04/03/2008 at 08:36 AM.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohappydaye View Post
    Edit: Oh, and any additional thought given to a 24 hour auto update setting option?
    Yes, that's what I've been looking most forward to so I can autosync my TX every morning. I know this has been on the To-Do list for a while.

BTW, .52 working great on my TX and no longer causing WiFi connect problems.
    Tolian_Deluxeware, How much closer are you to also allowing updates via hotsync?

(Del asks anxiously as her month of data plan is coming to an end ........)
    Updated to 0.53. Full uninstall, which includes removal of pref as well as the back_image_1 object. Manually added cities back.

Tolian, was something changed on how the search for cities compared to version 0.50 and older? For some reason, I used to be able to key in "alhambra ca" (without quotes) the software would find it but now it comes back with a not found message.

When I use zip code, it would find the city. The issue looks temporary, because if I delete the newly added entry and added it again via the "alhambra ca", it would find the city. I don't know if this was because the entry was added in the preference but not really deleted.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    Tolian, was something changed on how the search for cities compared to version 0.50 and older? For some reason, I used to be able to key in "alhambra ca" (without quotes) the software would find it but now it comes back with a not found message.

When I use zip code, it would find the city. The issue looks temporary, because if I delete the newly added entry and added it again via the "alhambra ca", it would find the city. I don't know if this was because the entry was added in the preference but not really deleted.
    Great! It is serious problem with city name encoding.
    I had fixed it:
    http://download.deluxeware.com/Weather_0_54.prc

Thank you very much!
    Anatoly Terebilov
    Lead programmer

tolian(at)deluxeware.com

DELUXEWARE company
    www.deluxeware.com
    I like this idea. Maybe if there wasn't a 14 day view, there would be "room" for this feature? I don't know.

How about current, 24 hour and 5 day? The current is nice to see what temp it is at the moment, but I'd like a 24 hour breakdown...ya know, to see if it looks like rain for the afternoon but not morning kinda thing (so I can know if I should worry about taking clothes for tennis afterwork lol). No really, the morning, afternoon, evening break down is really nice. Yea, I know I get that in the 48hr view, but just putting a plug in for a tab. lol

But seriously though, considering how unreliable weather reports are/tend to be, it would seem that shorter time frames are all we need. Otherwise, as someone has already pointed out it's just bloating the app.
    Thank you. I see that a lot of people do not like "long" forecast.
    But I have few reviews from customers who really like 14-days forecast.
    I know it can not be exact but it shows some tendency of weather condition.
    And I am not certain what I should do...
    May be a short voiting at Deluxeware site?

It would be done within 7 days. I am working on it while.
    Anatoly Terebilov
    Lead programmer

tolian(at)deluxeware.com

DELUXEWARE company
    www.deluxeware.com
    Quote Originally Posted by alexel View Post
    I am so sorry not to be of more help, but in general if I set the KeyGuard to display 7 days it seems more problematic than if I set it to 1 day. It never the less is only intermittent, and most times it is fine.
    Ok. I am looking forward to localize and fix this problem.

Thanks!
    Anatoly Terebilov
    Lead programmer

tolian(at)deluxeware.com

DELUXEWARE company
    www.deluxeware.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_L View Post
    Yes, that's what I've been looking most forward to so I can autosync my TX every morning. I know this has been on the To-Do list for a while.

BTW, .52 working great on my TX and no longer causing WiFi connect problems.
    Sorry for delay. It will be very soon.
    Thanks.
    Anatoly Terebilov
    Lead programmer

tolian(at)deluxeware.com

DELUXEWARE company
    www.deluxeware.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Delpita View Post
    Tolian_Deluxeware, How much closer are you to also allowing updates via hotsync?

(Del asks anxiously as her month of data plan is coming to an end ........)
    Sorry, I know that this option is a very useful for much users. But I haven't experience of writing conduits to transfer data from PC to Palm.
    It takes time to: finish all planning tasks, understand how conduits work and do it.

Sorry again. It should be done but I do not know how soon.
    Anatoly Terebilov
    Lead programmer

tolian(at)deluxeware.com

DELUXEWARE company
    www.deluxeware.com
    Maybe it is for Treo users, and I have a TX, but what is the 'keyguard' for ?

This is a great application and the 14 day forecast could be left out. Not too usefull in my opinion too.
    I use 4Cast also, but this one is really the best. Nice layout and good 'graphics'. Thanks for sharing this, well done

Ernest
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    I vote FOR the 14-day view. I like seeing the "trend".
    Thank you. I see that a lot of people do not like "long" forecast.
    But I have few reviews from customers who really like 14-days forecast.
    I know it can not be exact but it shows some tendency of weather condition.
    And I am not certain what I should do...
    May be a short voiting at Deluxeware site?
    Yes, I understand that this puts you in a difficult position and I will respect the final decision that you make. Just seems a waste, since we all know that 8.5 times out of 10 the weather 14 days out will be totally wrong considering all the changes made with 5 day forecasts from night to night. However, whatever you decide I will surely respect and shut up.

It would be done within 7 days. I am working on it while.
    This is wonderful and the feature I want the most!! Great news.

Thank you for your hardwork not only in making such a great app but with so gracefully balancing all of our requests.
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    I vote FOR the 14-day view. I like seeing the "trend".
    Get outta here, you!
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    < running really fast >
    Get outta here, you!

I 2nd that.

Version .54 working like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by ernest01 View Post
    Maybe it is for Treo users, and I have a TX, but what is the 'keyguard' for ?
    Keyguard is a native Treo's application. I know that it for Treo as rule, but I have statistics that some people with TX use our Weather-guard too.
    Customer can switch on device and see weather. It is not for keys locking - it is for quick access to weather information.

Quote Originally Posted by ernest01 View Post
    This is a great application and the 14 day forecast could be left out. Not too usefull in my opinion too.
    I use 4Cast also, but this one is really the best. Nice layout and good 'graphics'. Thanks for sharing this, well done
    Ernest
    Thank you. It is only beta. We are still working on it. We hope to make Weather better.
    Anatoly Terebilov
    Lead programmer

tolian(at)deluxeware.com

DELUXEWARE company
    www.deluxeware.com
    Yes, I understand that this puts you in a difficult position and I will respect the final decision that you make. Just seems a waste, since we all know that 8.5 times out of 10 the weather 14 days out will be totally wrong considering all the changes made with 5 day forecasts from night to night. However, whatever you decide I will surely respect and shut up.
    I am glad to listen any reviews and suggestions about Weather.
    It is the mostly interesting project for me.

This is wonderful and the feature I want the most!! Great news.
    Thank you for your hardwork not only in making such a great app but with so gracefully balancing all of our requests.
    Anatoly Terebilov
    Lead programmer

tolian(at)deluxeware.com

DELUXEWARE company
    www.deluxeware.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    < running really fast >
    Please don't run away, dump71.
    I am going to create a little voting at our web site and looking to results.
    Anatoly Terebilov
    Lead programmer

tolian(at)deluxeware.com

DELUXEWARE company
    www.deluxeware.com