Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
    server must be down my last update was 7:11 keeps saying failed.
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    TurboTiger,

I think their server may be down because my ver 0.50 can't connect now either.

Besides not being able to connect - did you get the weird install problem with a white screen and overlapping cities like I did?
    Tks MouseGlider,

Yeah, I figured that out after v0.51 had the same issue.
    I did get the weird screen the very first time I installed v0.52 this afternoon but it didn't happen again the 2nd time I reinstalled it.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I guess their server is back up. Mine is updating.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    TurboTiger,

Mine is updating now also - one more question for you if I can - when you did the 0.52 update - did it keep all your cities or did you have to re-enter them again.

Thanks
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    TurboTiger,

Mine is updating now also - one more question for you if I can - when you did the 0.52 update - did it keep all your cities or did you have to re-enter them again.

Thanks
    MouseGlider,
    It did retain all of my cities.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    TurboTiger - Thanks!
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    TurboTiger - Thanks!
    BTW: On my last install of v0.52, I did get that weid screen distoring the menu screen.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by quickster View Post
    I still don't understand why anyone would ask for a 14 day forecast. As has been stated and proven by any weather source/service, three days is pushing the envelope for a believable weather forecast and 14 days borders on ridiculous.
    I agree completely. Dump the 14 day forecast (7 is plenty even though it's not that accurate) and instead use the time to try and add radar maps.
    Just updated to 0.52, confirming the findings of everyone here. No background, or just plain white background. Cities names overlay as page up or down. Original cities stayed despite uninstall instructions. I will delete and reinstall 0.50 version.

Update: I installed the software called Uninstall by Northglide and re-installed 0.50. Then uninstalled it again. This time, Uninstall showed three entries on under the preference. I deleted those since they have the same creator ID.

I have reinstalled the 0.52 and it did not show the original cities as well as the problem of no background and screen distortions created by the overlay as you move from one city to another.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 04/01/2008 at 10:21 PM.
    To uninstall weather completely you also have to remove the 208 kb file called "Back_Image_1". I think my city & other info was stored in 2 2kb pref files called "DWDB" (or something like that). I had to reenter all my info.
    Quote Originally Posted by robert2281 View Post
    To uninstall weather completely you also have to remove the 208 kb file called "Back_Image_1". I think my city & other info was stored in 2 2kb pref files called "DWDB" (or something like that). I had to reenter all my info.
    Yes, I remember that Tolian said something about the cities are in a separate database and that info would be saved. The Back_Image_1 remained during the standard Palm uninstall process. Thanks.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 04/01/2008 at 10:36 PM.
    Additional items to report for ver. 0.52
    Montreal, Canada - shows 34F but the background Moon/Sun has the N/A across it. This used to be the problem on Las Vegas, NV but was fixed a while back.

Mount Baldy is still same but then gets the temp at about 11PM Pacific. Tolian, I agree with your assessment before about the parameters not being available at times.

Cities that used to be found on prior release but not on this version: santa monica ca and hayward ca. However, if you type in a zip code for those cities, say 90401 or 94541, or typed in the correct case and format such as Santa Monica CA USA or Hayward CA USA, it would show plus it would offer more cities that it could match, like Santa Monica Pier, Santa Susana, CA etc.
    And hot-fixes again:
    1. Background does restores now. (It is not fatal bug but it were appeared)
    2. Previous version "Eating" sockets at Treo again. I repair connection for TX devices but broke for Treo.
    It should work for Treo and TX now. FerdFerd, can you test 0.53 at your TX?
    3. Keyguard for non-treo devices fixed.

http://download.deluxeware.com/Weather_0_53.prc

Please delete old version as usual.
    Thanks!
    Anatoly Terebilov
    Lead programmer

tolian(at)deluxeware.com

DELUXEWARE company
    www.deluxeware.com
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    Yes, I remember that Tolian said something about the cities are in a separate database and that info would be saved. The Back_Image_1 remained during the standard Palm uninstall process. Thanks.
    Yes, You I quite right.
    It were made for more comfortable testing.
    When structure of preference will have finished in future - database of cities should be as part of main PRC. But they will be deleting together in that case.
    Anatoly Terebilov
    Lead programmer

tolian(at)deluxeware.com

DELUXEWARE company
    www.deluxeware.com
    I'm still having problems with the KeyGuard, it sometimes will not refresh after pressing the release button.
    I know I'm in the minority here but I personaly enjoy the 14 day forecast. It might not be very acurate but at least it gives me something to tell my wife when she bugs me about what the weather will be next week on our vacation. It also does help predict trends a little (is it going up towards the 80s or down towards the teens) & its not something I ever found on any other mobile weather apps, so I vote that it stays. Of course if I'm outvoted I won't be overly upset & I'll stil appreciate this great application, but for now I'm enjoying it.
    I know this might not be feasible due to space & other constraints, but would it be possible to include if its currently raining or the chance of rain in the next few hours on the "current" keyguard? I live in a basement so I have no idea what's going on outside & I use the keyguard to tell me if I should take a coat or not. It would be great if it could also tell me whether to take an umbrella or not. Looking forward to your response & thank again for this wonderfull app.
    I know this might not be feasible due to space & other constraints, but would it be possible to include if its currently raining or the chance of rain in the next few hours on the "current" keyguard? I live in a basement so I have no idea what's going on outside & I use the keyguard to tell me if I should take a coat or not. It would be great if it could also tell me whether to take an umbrella or not. Looking forward to your response & thank again for this wonderfull app.
    I rather have current, 36hr, and 7 day. 48hr is a bit off, and 14 day is just taking up space IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by alexel View Post
    I'm still having problems with the KeyGuard, it sometimes will not refresh after pressing the release button.
    Please tell me how can I reproduce this bug?
    If possible step by step.

Thank you in advance!
    Anatoly Terebilov
    Lead programmer

tolian(at)deluxeware.com

DELUXEWARE company
    www.deluxeware.com