Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 837
  1. #381  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    I have not even done any validation. I was just on the "consistency" testing mode as far as I am concerned. If I can't get the information consistently, I call it out as an issue.

    No, I don't have any other weather programs loaded.
    I would check more than "just consistency" - you have nothing to lose in experimentation - who knows - it could be a program you have that is conflicting in some sort of weird way - of course if your phone is "bone stock" as it were from the factory - then all bets are off. It would sure save the developer some time and trouble chasing a ghost.

    If you give me your zip codes - I can check for you - I'm sure other will help out too?

    Good luck
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 03/31/2008 at 08:55 AM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

    Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
  2. #382  
    I found 91759 for Mt. Baldy, CA.

    Carl
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
  3. #383  
    quickster,

    Thanks, I'll try it 91759 and maybe ronbo2000 will get back and list the "exact zip code(s)" he is using - then any variables will be eliminated.

    Thanks again

    Just a note - I just plugged 91759 and it works I'll check it thru out the day and repost.

    Update - Auto Updates so far in 1 hour increments - 5 updates - all work good with no errors.
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 03/31/2008 at 03:06 PM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

    Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
  4. #384  
    Why is the exact zip code required? Is that the problem?
  5. #385  
    The exact zip code would be of help to eliminate any variables so I can try and duplicate your problem and possibly help in trying to see if I can come up with the same problem you have from my location and any others in this thread that might what to jump in and also help - as maybe, just maybe the problem could be on your side - and as I said earlier it would help the developer stop chasing a ghost.

    I've tried the zip code that quickster gave me and I have not had any problems so far - it seems you have had problems from maybe version 0.4x? although my phone has only updated 3 times as I have my weather set to only update every hour.

    The last few relpies/response from you via the "quotes" I've gotten from you seems to indicate that you wish to have no help in solving your problem or maybe I am reading your response wrong and not understanding - if that is the case - then I will not try and help and say excuse me for trying.

    Anyways Good Luck in your quest.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

    Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
  6. #386  
    Hello folks!

    I have read all posts and create new version 0.51
    Direct link: http://download.deluxeware.com/Weather_0_51.prc

    Last modifications:
    - Keyguard's save/restore background mechanism;
    - Auto-update fixes;
    - Script for 48-hour at server side were fixed
    - I had modified function for load/save background, but I can not find "blind" bug with backgrounds. Please test it again.

    Thank you!

    Notification: Please delete old version and reset Palm device before installation. For more safe works.
    Last edited by Tolian_Deluxeware; 03/31/2008 at 02:02 PM.
    Anatoly Terebilov
    Lead programmer

    tolian(at)deluxeware.com

    DELUXEWARE company
    www.deluxeware.com
  7. #387  
    ronbo2000

    Please notice some parameteres can not be available from time to time.
    It shows N/A or empty field(for current temperature for example)
    Anatoly Terebilov
    Lead programmer

    tolian(at)deluxeware.com

    DELUXEWARE company
    www.deluxeware.com
  8. #388  
    Quote Originally Posted by FerdFerd View Post
    This is still a problem with version 0.50. This is with a TX.
    Please see my version 0.51.
    Can you write letter to support(at)deluxeware.com if the problem still exists?

    Thanks.
    Last edited by Tolian_Deluxeware; 03/31/2008 at 02:48 PM.
    Anatoly Terebilov
    Lead programmer

    tolian(at)deluxeware.com

    DELUXEWARE company
    www.deluxeware.com
  9. #389  
    Quote Originally Posted by dsaroff View Post
    Good news is reinstalling the locations one at a time did not cause a reoccurance of the flow issue in the 7 day and 14 day view. However, for Portland OR (my latest addition), the 48 hour view doesn't start until Tuesday 4/1?! London England doesn't start the 48 hour view until Sunday. Hudson, NH starts today, which is correct. Devens, MA starts today, which is correct. I live on the East Coast. I wonder if timezone difference with Portland OR (-3 hours) and London England (+4 hours) may be the culprit.
    Can you test version 0.51?
    Please let me know if the problem exists.
    Anatoly Terebilov
    Lead programmer

    tolian(at)deluxeware.com

    DELUXEWARE company
    www.deluxeware.com
  10. #390  
    Intalled .51. Very nice app. I have a suggestion. Fo the 14Day view could you have an option to display the days of the week instead of just the date? I know the mental math is not difficult but I'm thick at times and feel it would be easier to decipher(yes @ know that is a big word for a simpleton like myself.

    Also any chance of a plug in that would work with Takephone, Initiate, 2Day, DB6, Initiate etc..

    Thanks in advance, Andy.
  11. #391  
    First of all, with all the versions I've noticed the 'keyguard' function affects the Treo 'alerts', if only to prevent the alarm bell from flashing. However, with .51, the keyguard seems to have caused the alert to somehow disable those keys that double as numeric keys, and I have to soft-reset to regain their function. The moment I disable the keyguard everything is fine. I also had a reset with version .50 that displayed the following message:'Weather 0.50 caused 'Emul68Common.c, Line:1648, Index out of range'.
  12. #392  
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    The exact zip code would be of help to eliminate any variables so I can try and duplicate your problem and possibly help in trying to see if I can come up with the same problem you have from my location and any others in this thread that might what to jump in and also help - as maybe, just maybe the problem could be on your side - and as I said earlier it would help the developer stop chasing a ghost.

    The last few relpies/response from you via the "quotes" I've gotten from you seems to indicate that you wish to have no help in solving your problem or maybe I am reading your response wrong and not understanding - if that is the case - then I will not try and help and say excuse me for trying.

    Anyways Good Luck in your quest.
    I have no problem providing zip codes as I can easily get them from USPS. The zip codes are 91801, 91733 and 90640. There may be more than one zip code in any of these cities.

    Anyway, I was just asking why zip codes work better than typing in the city/state. I also did not know that you were performing debugging in behalf of the developer.

    I am not as technically knowledgeable on the software as you are and you may consider me like a generic user. I report an issue when I find I find one, after all, when this hits the final version, the developer is better off aware of the potential product issues.

    By the way, I hard reset my device and only installed only this software. I still have the same problem with Mount Baldy, using the zip code that was provided by carl (quickster). I had it set to update every 15 minutes, started the test at 6PM Pacific and verified that it was updating. Once it reached about 10:30PM Pacific, the temperature for Mount Baldy finally registered.
  13. #393  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grundig View Post
    Fo the 14Day view could you have an option to display the days of the week instead of just the date? I know the mental math is not difficult but I'm thick at times and feel it would be easier to decipher(yes @ know that is a big word for a simpleton like myself.
    Ok. We can discuss it with designer.
    You are the first who ask me to replace 14-days date format.
    Anybody also agree with [Grundig]?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grundig View Post
    Also any chance of a plug in that would work with Takephone, Initiate, 2Day, DB6, Initiate etc..
    Yes. But we must to develop stable version of Weather app before.

    Thanks.
    Anatoly Terebilov
    Lead programmer

    tolian(at)deluxeware.com

    DELUXEWARE company
    www.deluxeware.com
  14. #394  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolian_Deluxeware View Post
    Please see my version 0.51.
    Can you write letter to support(at)deluxeware.com if the problem still exists?

    Thanks.
    I have had no further problems with automated connections to Wi-Fi since I installed version 0.51. I'll report back if they return.
  15. #395  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    I have no problem providing zip codes as I can easily get them from USPS. The zip codes are 91801, 91733 and 90640. There may be more than one zip code in any of these cities.

    Anyway, I was just asking why zip codes work better than typing in the city/state. I also did not know that you were performing debugging in behalf of the developer.

    I am not as technically knowledgeable on the software as you are and you may consider me like a generic user. I report an issue when I find I find one, after all, when this hits the final version, the developer is better off aware of the potential product issues.

    By the way, I hard reset my device and only installed only this software. I still have the same problem with Mount Baldy, using the zip code that was provided by carl (quickster). I had it set to update every 15 minutes, started the test at 6PM Pacific and verified that it was updating. Once it reached about 10:30PM Pacific, the temperature for Mount Baldy finally registered.
    ronbo2000,

    Your remarks/comments aimed at me seem a little snide in more than one area of this thread and I will not go into this with you here and waste bandwidth on this forum - I don't know if you are an Admin of this forum or just an Admin and maybe that is just your style.

    But if your re-read my post #385 and all prior post that I have made in this thread and any thread that I have posted on TC - no where have I mentioned that I was working on the developers behalf or even associated with them - and nowhere did I say that I was more technically knowledgeable on the software than you. In fact as you say, you can consider me a generic user also simply trying to be helpful if I can.

    So what did I learn? You are a character that knows all - I leave it at that. But here are my findings that I had in post #383 - maybe it will help.

    Good Luck and sorry for this small rant and use of bandwidth to all those on this forum and thread - please accept my apoloigies.

    Peace!
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 04/01/2008 at 09:39 AM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

    Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
  16. Scott_L's Avatar
    Posts
    323 Posts
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    #396  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grundig
    For the 14Day view could you have an option to display the days of the week instead of just the date?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolian_Deluxeware View Post
    Ok. We can discuss it with designer. Anybody also agree with [Grundig]?
    Yes, I prefer that myself.

    The dates are all wrong on my 7 Days page - they all say 09/06, but today is 04/01. Also, the dates for the next 7 days of the 14 Day forecast are incorrect - they all show 09/06 where the rest are correct (04/08 through 04/14). The 48 hour dates are correct.

    I am configured to display Month/Day. I uninstalled .50, reset, then installed .51 before coming to these conclusions.
  17. Penny's Avatar
    Posts
    395 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    #397  
    All the dates on mine are correct and I have .51 installed
  18. Scott_L's Avatar
    Posts
    323 Posts
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    #398  
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    All the dates on mine are correct and I have .51 installed
    Is your Date format set to Month/Day or Day/Month?
  19. #399  
    I still don't understand why anyone would ask for a 14 day forecast. As has been stated and proven by any weather source/service, three days is pushing the envelope for a believable weather forecast and 14 days borders on ridiculous.

    It almost appears that Weather is now becoming bloatware and losing a lot of its original appeal. The performance is slower and it appears to be on a serious weight gain program that makes it less appealing.

    Sorry, but that's just my feelings.

    Carl
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
  20. Scott_L's Avatar
    Posts
    323 Posts
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    #400  
    That's true, when there is so much trouble getting a day ahead correct. Doesn't The Farmers Almanac do all year? The 7 day suites me just fine when absorbed with a grain of salt... I certainly wouldn't plan much of my life on the 14 day or even 7. The extended forecasts do supply more eye candy though

Posting Permissions