Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadpiratedoug View Post
    Nope, GX5 and 4Cast don't wake up the screen - and neither does Chatter/Versa! There's something they can do to fix that ...

Well on my Sprint Treo 700p, 4cast certainly wakes up the Treo and it stays on the screen until the entire download is complete.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    ^I think OnDemand also wakes up the treo to do it's auto-updates but not sure.

Anyhoo, I like this app (beautiful graphics) but it needs some tweaking:
    - auto-updates to execute with screen off
    - auto-updates should only execute when the radio is on (ignored when off). My radio is scheduled to shutdown at night. When Weather auto-updates, it prompts to turn radio on and if not acknowledged, NVBackup does not execute. This could also be resolved if there is an option to only update from e.g. 7am to 11pm. I just do manual updates now.
    - have font for time/date in keyguard be 25 to 50% bigger for easy legibility
    - I actually don't mind having to clear keyguard during incoming call but would be nice not to have to. The keyguard also prevents switching to call screen during incoming call.

I'll leave this app on my treo for now and hopefully get an update from developer.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Another issue I notice, is when keyguard is activated, I get two alarms - one a Datebk6 alarm and the other the standard palm appointment alarm. If I deactivate weather, this doesn't occur - I only get the DB6 alarm (as it should be)
    Last edited by dsaroff; 02/20/2008 at 03:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Well on my Sprint Treo 700p, 4cast certainly wakes up the Treo and it stays on the screen until the entire download is complete.

Good Luck
    Hmm, never noticed 4cast activating my screen ... I only used it for about a week or so.
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post

Good Luck
    Treo 680, too. 4cast will also NOT update when the Treo is locked, either. The update will begin immediately after the phone is unlocked. That gets aggravating sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickstreo View Post
    Treo 680, too. 4cast will also NOT update when the Treo is locked, either. The update will begin immediately after the phone is unlocked. That gets aggravating sometimes.

Yeah, I wish that wasn't the case because I do lock mine for about 1 hour each morning.

Good luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Just installed the app to my Centro, and man I like alot. I also deleted the weather section in my On Demand to gain some space.

Another report. NVbackup cannot override the Weather keyguard - I'm missing backup cycles for the last two nights since I installed Weather. Bummer - had to delete. The developer has a little more work to do but I like the idea.

I have emailed the developer...

Edit: Yet another report. Developer sent ver 0.15 (over 1 MB) which might address most of my issues. Installing now...
    Last edited by ChemEngr; 02/21/2008 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Got reply from developer!
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Another report. NVbackup cannot override the Weather keyguard - I'm missing backup cycles for the last two nights since I installed Weather. Bummer - had to delete. The developer has a little more work to do but I like the idea.

I have emailed the developer...

Edit: Yet another report. Developer sent ver 0.15 (over 1 MB) which might address most of my issues. Installing now...

Can you upload it so that we can try installing it?
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

Quote Originally Posted by dreadpiratedoug View Post
    Can you upload it so that we can try installing it?
    Here you go. I also emailed the developer a link to this thread so hopefully he can chime in. BTW, this has 7-day forecasts now. Enjoy.

Sorry to report that NVbackup still cannot override the WeatherGuard (although it seems to try), so beware. AND, the prompt to 'load weather extensions' after a reset is still there - will not proceed unless you attend to the prompt. Again I had to delete from my treo.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    v 15 working fine with scheduled backups using BackUpMan.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    is it me or does the new prc file not working?
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstudboy1 View Post
    is it me or does the new prc file not working?
    Works here.

0.15 fixes the "Keyguard on incoming call" issue--basically now it hides it in the background so you can see the screen/use the d-pad.

But...

If you "Ignore with Text" the call gets ignored but no Text screen comes up

Oh well, baby steps...

Update: Screen shots of 7 day weather. Clicking on the days puts up the forecast. Also, I notice that the program updates much faster now...

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...a77/Pic_21.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...a77/Pic_22.jpg
    Last edited by Malatesta; 02/21/2008 at 07:11 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Looks nice. Huge file though. Any luck running it from the card or does it have to be in RAM due to the auto updates?
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Like having the 7 day forecast, but I wish all forcasts could have a bit more detail (like one finds in 4Cast). For example, today is snow, but there is no way to determine how much snow (inches, cm) from Weather. It would also be nice to have Weather Alerts and temperature trend chart.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    where can you download the new version?
    the deluxware site still shows 0.12
    Hello guys!

Thank you for interesting in Weather app!
    We are working at the public update of Weather (it will be very soon)
    But I can upload it for you here.

What's new:

1. Weather app will be disconnected from network when auto-update done or user exit from application;
    2. Keyguard allow system attention messages now (such as missed call and others...);
    3. Format settings include "Date Format" also;
    4. "Flowing reset" after connection establish were fixed.
    5. "Last update" information at the bottom of Weather-guard.
    6. This version works at the new inet-engine. All weather update would be more fast.
    7. While on a call, no auto update initiated.
    8. Keyguard does not display as the incoming calls comes in.
    9. Auto-update does not appear if no network connection (phone is off)
    10. Minor bugs was fixed.

We are still working at:
    1. Optimize PRC file. It is possible and will be done soon.
    2. 7 days forecast at Weather-guard option.
    3. Weather icons animation

And something also too.

Glad to hear your opinion here or e-mail: support@deluxeware.com
    For those who are concerned about #1 above:

"Weather app will be disconnected from network when auto-update done or user exit from application"

The developer has already agreed to make this an option in the next update. I told him that this "disconnect feature" is big problem for me. Many of us have unlimited data plans and it's a pain to have to reconnect to the network.
    Making it an option should make everyone happy.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    ^plus you get a white screen when you exit the app since it takes more than a few seconds while it disconnects from the network.

Anatoly, you also need to get rid of the 'load weather extensions' prompt during a reset. If the device spontaneously resets and goes unnoticed, pending events would be missed until the prompt gets acknowledged - not a good thing.

Thanks for the diligence and great effort.
    Last edited by ChemEngr; 02/22/2008 at 01:58 PM.
    Thanks for all!

"Keep connection alive" option were added to "Application settings" now.

ChemEngr
    If I understand you right you want to apply Weather's features after spontaneous reset?
    Sorry, but I do not know any possible to register Weather's notifications after non-control reset.
    Any way user can start up Weather app and all features will be initiated.
    But I must to looking in this question more...
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast