Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    don't know if I have a problem with that or not. Let me see.
    I guess this error report is more of a problem on behalf of your weather service and not the app itself, but I decided to post it anyway.

• My 48 hour view has the range for today being a low of 46 and a high of 51, with a 15% chance of rain in the morning, 31% chance in the afternoon and 16% in the evening.
    • The 7 day shows a high of 56 and a low 52 with a 50% chance of rain today.
    • And the current page says that it's 40 degrees out....which as you can see, is lower than either reported "low" on the other tabs.

The temps and percentages are inconsistent from one tab to the next..and it's raining out, btw.

Edit: A side note, all tabs show rain drops coming from the cloud for today, except the 48 hour tab...which thinks the odds of it raining aren't so good for today. lol
    I'm using Ver 0.50, and the background image works fine for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohappydaye View Post
    I guess this error report is more of a problem on behalf of your weather service and not the app itself, but I decided to post it anyway.
    • My 48 hour view has the range for today being a low of 46 and a high of 51, with a 15% chance of rain in the morning, 31% chance in the afternoon and 16% in the evening.
    • The 7 day shows a high of 56 and a low 52 with a 50% chance of rain today.
    • And the current page says that it's 40 degrees out....which as you can see, is lower than either reported "low" on the other tabs.

The temps and percentages are inconsistent from one tab to the next..and it's raining out, btw.

Edit: A side note, all tabs show rain drops coming from the cloud for today, except the 48 hour tab...which thinks the odds of it raining aren't so good for today. lol

I doubt it is the app - the weather guys are never right and can change from day to day
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    I doubt it is the app - the weather guys are never right and can change from day to day
    Or tab to tab...apparently.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Background images work fine for me on version (50) however I do notice a lag in opening the app that wasn't there in the previous version. I am sure it is because of the extra features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolian_Deluxeware View Post
    Ok. Can you tell me which time zone does setup at your phone now?
    EST
    Quote Originally Posted by alexel View Post
    Has anyone noticed a general slow down in performance of their Treo 680 since updating to the 0.50 version?
    Yes...I reported the same thing earlier.
    Which makes a 14 day forecast feature somewhat laughable!
    yes - I have to agree - I never saw a 14 day forecast before - but hey it's a glimps(sp) into the future :-)

maybe we will be able to have super reliable weather forecasting someday - mother nature likes to fool us though!

this is one of my most used (via auto update) and favorite apps though.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

I think maybe my point is being missed, or maybe not. I don't care about the week and 14 day weather predictions being wrong, I expect those to change. But if I'm checking the weather TODAY (Saturday) and I then check the 48 hour (for detailed info about TODAY)..shouldn't the weather for the SAME day be the same. For that matter if the 14 day is going to include TODAY, shouldn't it be correct? I mean, that temperature should be a given and likely the ONLY day to be correct in the 14 day. If I update today's weather shouldn't it update and synchronize the weather in all four tabs for this ONE day, at the least?

I'm not concerned about long term weather, but I have 4 different readings for what my today temperature should be. Shouldn't the app catch that the weather service is predicting 4 different temperatures for my CURRENT day? or no? Maybe not?

That issue aside -since 14 days out isn't very reliable (and I think most of us agree on that), can we swap that for a 24 hour tab? Maybe I'll more have better luck with that.
  12.    #372  
    But if I'm checking the weather TODAY (Saturday) and I then check the 48 hour (for detailed info about TODAY)..shouldn't the weather for the SAME day be the same.
    To be honest, I think the answer is actually "no".

I just went to the Weather Channel's page (different provider, obviously):

@3am (don't ask, lol)
    • Current: 31 (feels like 23)
    • Weekend Weather (Sunday): 35-47; Precip: 10%
    • Hourly: ranges from 28-44 (3am - 7pm); Precip: 10% <--but only for 5-9am, then 0%

So let's summarize:

The highs and lows for Sunday is forecasted from 35-47 degrees.

Currently though (Sunday morning) it's actually 31 degrees, so already off.

The hourly forecast ranges from 28 degrees to 44--so that's below the forecasted "low" and we never hit the forecasted "high".

My guess is this: current is current, done.

2 day forecast gives you the "high" and "low" but only between major hours (probably 9am through 6pm, or something)

In other words, there's some averaging/only reporting for the typical 'awake' hours. But go and check other weather sources and see if you get something different in the way of consistency...I'm betting you don't.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 03/30/2008 at 02:11 AM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I think maybe my point is being missed, or maybe not. I don't care about the week and 14 day weather predictions being wrong, I expect those to change. But if I'm checking the weather TODAY (Saturday) and I then check the 48 hour (for detailed info about TODAY)..shouldn't the weather for the SAME day be the same. For that matter if the 14 day is going to include TODAY, shouldn't it be correct? I mean, that temperature should be a given and likely the ONLY day to be correct in the 14 day. If I update today's weather shouldn't it update and synchronize the weather in all four tabs for this ONE day, at the least?

I'm not concerned about long term weather, but I have 4 different readings for what my today temperature should be. Shouldn't the app catch that the weather service is predicting 4 different temperatures for my CURRENT day? or no? Maybe not?

That issue aside -since 14 days out isn't very reliable (and I think most of us agree on that), can we swap that for a 24 hour tab? Maybe I'll more have better luck with that.
    Understand and I don't think your point was being missed - with so many ways to view the weather in different time frames, I doubt it would be consistant even thru the "tabs" since the weather can change quickly - so some type of averaging and averaging at different time frames is what probably messes things up.

Hey, its the weather - even when I was a kid to the old fart that I am now - weather has never been very accurate, but it has gotton only a tiny bit better - Mother nature (females) change their minds to quickly!

Malatesta explained better than me :-)
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Tolian,

I am still having that same problem, i.e. no temperature on current for specific cities, like Mount Baldy, CA or the three cities I mentioned prior. This is version 0.50.
    Hi ronboo2000! I tried Mount Baldy, CA and picked up the temperature without any problem. Do you have any other Weather programs working in conjunction with this one? Perhaps they may be causing some conflict?
    got .50 and am impressed. Looks like a real and well seasoned progm.
    again, could you have a way to depict wind speed by the degrees of the compass rose?
    Any intel on the radar? "On demand" which comes with the Treo gives option of downloading the radar depiction. Maynot be the most current ( as in nexrad) but you get it.
    Would animated (moving) radar be too much to ask for?
    Not picking on the developers, but this is a beta. ??
    Thanks Tollian.
    Thanks Malatesta and MouseGlider, your points are well taken. I guess I went into the wrong profession...should've gone into meteorology. The only profession that allows you to be wrong consistently and not get fired. What was I thinking?!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    Tolian,

I am still having that same problem, i.e. no temperature on current for specific cities, like Mount Baldy, CA or the three cities I mentioned prior. This is version 0.50.
    How are your "other" cities? Do you have any other weather programs loaded? If so do you get those readings correctly?

I am wondering if the server they use to get the weather information just can't get the cities that you have chosen - didn't they say their weather server is in Russia or someplace out of the USA?

Ohappydaye - I'm with you on the meteorology profession - dang now you tell.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

How are your "other" cities? Do you have any other weather programs loaded? If so do you get those readings correctly?
    I have not even done any validation. I was just on the "consistency" testing mode as far as I am concerned. If I can't get the information consistently, I call it out as an issue.

No, I don't have any other weather programs loaded.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    I have not even done any validation. I was just on the "consistency" testing mode as far as I am concerned. If I can't get the information consistently, I call it out as an issue.

No, I don't have any other weather programs loaded.
    After reading your woes the other day I entered Mt. Baldy (91759) in my list of cities and have been checking it two or three times a day and it is yet to fail in getting a weather update. And comparing the reported temperatures with my other 4 weather programs they all are fairly close. Never once has Weather failed to bring back an update for Mt. Baldy.

Carl
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"