Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
    Tolian_Deluxeware,

A couple of nice features to have would be;

1)when you are in the seven day screen and after you click and open a day, it would be nice to use the "D" pad to directly move to the next day screen, rather than clicking on the close button before you could go on to the next day.

2) when you are in the main screen looking at the first city in the list, it would be nice to have your choice of either scrolling down or scrolling back up to see the cities is to actually also be able to "cycle" thru - for example, currently if you have 4 cities entered for weather you have to chose 1, 2, 3, 4 and then to see the previous you would go 4, 3, 2, 1 - but also have the option to cycle thru like this 1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.

You actually have that type of scroll option when you are in the 7day screen (except after you click on a day as in option 1)
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    On beta test products, if the developer changes versions of the program and instructs you uninstall first before applying new changes. You better listen to him. It is to clear out any of the older stuff, specially if there are key changes to the new version.

Anyway, it is good practice to do on beta test situation or if you are doing a full re-install. Final say will always be with the developer.

On my list, I have the same issue one my cities went to zero again when it did the automatic update today. It only happened today since the last time I reported this.
    point well taken about beta software - thats why I follow the directions that the developer states - unless of course I forget -which is why I always make a NVBackup before I try something that might hurt my little baby. :-)
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolian_Deluxeware View Post
    ...Anyway, I have posted new test version. I hope to hear how it works with Kinoma now.
    I have installed 0.48 following the instructions above.

It appears that now :
    - If I am listening to a podcast with Kinoma, Weather does not perform it's update. I don't hear the podcast pause and I didn't notice it trying to perform an update via the screen (but I didn't stare at the screen for 15 minutes either). I confirmed it did not perform an update by looking on the main screen for Weather and checking the time of the last update.

- Later on, at one point I did pause the podcast to talk to my wife (I did not leave Kinoma, I just hit the pause button to stop the streaming). During that short period I did notice out of the corner of my eye Weather performing an update. This update seem to work.

Is this the functionality you were looking for?
    Step up and be Green!

Take the stairs rather than the elevator. It's good for you, it's good for the Earth, it's good for all of us.
    Updated to version 0.48, I am still getting cities with zero degrees. Mount Baldy must be freezing.
    Please try to install version 0.48 as I had wrote above.
    If your phone still resetting - can you write to the Deluxeware's support?
    Thanks. So far so good, no more resets!
    Hello guys,

Version 0.50 - it seems the half of way to release.

Glad to report that a few most-wanted features was completed:
    - Precipitation probability (now as default % in all forms)
    - Detailed forecast for 48 hours
    - 14 days forecast
    - "Select" button at home screen make update now;
    - Few bugs fixed

This version resets all previous settings because structure of request is different from previous version.
    Please delete old version from device before installation.

Direct link to Deluxeware: http://download.deluxeware.com/Weather_0_50.prc

Thank you!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    A couple of nice features to have would be...
    You have generate very good ideas.
    It is done in version 0.50

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by franko353 View Post
    Is this the functionality you were looking for?
    Yes! Excellent observation, Franko353.
    I think when Kinoma playing music from web - no way to update weather, because no free sockets at this time.

Thank you again.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    Updated to version 0.48, I am still getting cities with zero degrees. Mount Baldy must be freezing.
    Ok. Don't worry about "Mount Baldy". I believe all would be excellent.
    I have "Mount Baldy" as my default city at Weather app. Now I know forecast here better than at my native small town.
    But zero degrees do not seem. Can you tell me: which type of Units do you have? Metric or Standard?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexel View Post
    Thanks. So far so good, no more resets!
    Excellent! Please check 0.50 now.
    A number of very wonky things/bugs in .50

With version 50 a typo. The day screen shows humidity: x%, but looking at the 48 hours screen, it's really Percipitation, not humidity it's referencing.

Also, the program seems much slower.

When I switch to 7 days view the dates are all listed as 09/06 Thu!!!

14 Days also has weird dates - half are 9/06 and half are 04/05

Conceptually, I like what you've done, but the rough edges really show in this version.
    I like the new version. i don't see anything wrong with the dates. thanks for all the new stuff. it's a great app to have.
  14.    #314  
    Quote Originally Posted by dsaroff View Post
    A number of very wonky things/bugs in .50

With version 50 a typo. The day screen shows humidity: x%, but looking at the 48 hours screen, it's really Percipitation, not humidity it's referencing.

Conceptually, I like what you've done, but the rough edges really show in this version.
    • Program speed seems the same to me
    • No problems with the dates (dsaroff, did you uninstall previous version 1st & try a soft reset?)
    • Love the Center button update and ease of navigation
    • No other issues as of yet

Otherwise, very nice update

dsaroff, also I don't think it's a typo: my "Humidity %" is not the same as "Precip %", in fact they should not be the same as one is a forecast and not likely to change with every "Current Conditions" where "Humidity %", like Temp should be updated as often as it's a live reading.

I actually like a live Hum % reading plus the forecast for Precip...
    Last edited by Malatesta; 03/28/2008 at 09:23 AM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Whatever happen to the auto-software update feature?
    Tks
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    No, The Current form shows Humidity really, because Precipitation parameter does not exist for Current condition.

Can you describe it in details? Does Weather updating slow?

It seems the flowing bug. Few customers had confirmed me about, but I can't found it. Please try update weather again.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Sorry, I do not understand you.
    Does auto-updated not working now?
    Sorry, I do not understand you.
    Does auto-updated not working now?
    What I'm referring to is the feature you introduced several versions back so that when a new version was available, a notification would appear during the next Weather update that would prompt us to upgrade to the new version by downloading it directly to the device.

I'v have not received any notificatication.

Tks
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Tks
    Oops. I understand you now.
    No auto-update software because 0.50 is not public version.

Thanks!
    Oops. I understand you now.
    No auto-update software because 0.50 is not public version.

Thanks!
    OK, thanks
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover