Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dsaroff View Post
    OK...an issue I'm not sure if other's have.

If I am on the phone on my bluetooth headset and weather triggers, it kills my bluetooth connection. My phone doesn't lose the call, but I must switch to speaker or non-speaker mode and can't get my bluetooth to work on the rest of that call. It's a Jabra headset on a Treo 680.
    I'm loosing the call completely. He's working on it.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by franko353 View Post
    While listening to a podcast with Kinoma, the audio stream pauses and I see a small window with the title "Update Weather". The status message "Getting current condition..." fails after about 15 seconds, and then the audio stream starts up where it paused. I ran this test 2 times.
    Thank you for your time.
    In some reason Kinoma does not allow to create new connection.
    That is why updated is failed.
    Ok. I must to mark this problem in my note.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    I can't get 0.47 to sync. It goes into a hotsync endless loop. I have tried several times.
    I had sent test version to your e-mail. Can you try it?
    Quote Originally Posted by dsaroff View Post
    OK...an issue I'm not sure if other's have.

If I am on the phone on my bluetooth headset and weather triggers, it kills my bluetooth connection. My phone doesn't lose the call, but I must switch to speaker or non-speaker mode and can't get my bluetooth to work on the rest of that call. It's a Jabra headset on a Treo 680.
    Good notice!
    Does it appears at 0.46 or 0.47 version? Or in both cases?
    Tolian - just found DeluxeWare's Weather yesterday (.46), and enjoy it immensely. Thank you for an awesome program!

Read thru the thread, and all of my feedback has already been discussed. Namely:
    -hi/low on Today screen (and what does later today look like?)
    -% rain vs. humidity
    -when was the last weather update (on the server side)
    -current time larger on lockguard

I'm available to beta test updates.

thx,
    ~sockrebel
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolian_Deluxeware View Post
    Good notice!
    Does it appears at 0.46 or 0.47 version? Or in both cases?
    Both cases
    In some reason Kinoma does not allow to create new connection.
    FWIW, Kinoma Player doesn't prevent other software from opening new connections.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by sockrebel View Post
    Read thru the thread, and all of my feedback has already been discussed. Namely:
    -hi/low on Today screen (and what does later today look like?)
    -% rain vs. humidity
    -when was the last weather update (on the server side)
    -current time larger on lockguard
    My answer is: Yes.
    A lot of users ask me about that every day.
    Few features would be done in nearest future. You can see that I have implement features step by step.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    FWIW, Kinoma Player doesn't prevent other software from opening new connections.
    Hello Charles,

Please tell me: does Kinoma use one active connection at one time only?

Thank you.
    I had sent test version to your e-mail. Can you try it?

The test version seems to be working properly. No disconnecting from calls.
    Tks
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    My phone has reset twice since installing 0.46 with Weather named as the culprit. This never happened with the earlier versions.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I can't tell you which release it started at (it's been several), but with Weather installed in RAM my wifi frequently fails for other apps. I have scheduled updates for email, AvantGo, and other weather apps that now open a dialog saying that no network is available and asks whether I want to use Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. My connection also shows as unavailable if I tell the Palm TX to Scan and Connect - it's listed with the circle with a line through it.

If I uninstall Weather and reset my device everything works again. I have communicated with another user having the same problem. Anyone else?
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    My scheduled updates for Resco Neeews go on without a hitch, but scheduled 4Cast updates have shown difficulties in connecting. Uninstalling Weather and reseting has cleared the problem for me too.
    Thanks to all for feedbacks!

And the version 0.48.
    Please follow my instructions:
    1. Delete Weather app from internal and external memory.
    2. Reset your phone.
    3. Re-install version 0.48

Hope it solves all problems with connections.
    Glad to hear your reviews again.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by alexel View Post
    My phone has reset twice since installing 0.46 with Weather named as the culprit. This never happened with the earlier versions.
    Please try to install version 0.48 as I had wrote above.
    If your phone still resetting - can you write to the Deluxeware's support?
    Please tell me: does Kinoma use one active connection at one time only?
    I don't believe so, but I know that Palm OS only allows for a tiny number of simultaneous connections. If there are "background" apps which also have open connections, I've heard it's pretty easy to hit the limit.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    I don't believe so, but I know that Palm OS only allows for a tiny number of simultaneous connections. If there are "background" apps which also have open connections, I've heard it's pretty easy to hit the limit.
    Thank you for the answer. I believe that Kinoma does close all connection after finish. But what about connection during playing? Does Kinoma occupy all available connection?
    Anyway, I has posted new test version. I hope to hear how it works with Kinoma now.
    Thanks to all for feedbacks!

And the version 0.48.
    Please follow my instructions:
    1. Delete Weather app from internal and external memory.
    2. Reset your phone.
    3. Re-install version 0.48

Hope it solves all problems with connections.
    Glad to hear your reviews again.
    Hmmmm in a past post you said that it is ok to install a new version right over an old version - yet in this instance the upgrade is different. unless it is for problem systems that have to upgrade as such.

Anyways fyi, I just uninstalled my perfectly working 0.46 to upgrade to version 0.48 and as I hotsync to install the app from Palms Installer, it just hangs at "synchroninzing Weather"

Was I supposed to uninstall the weather backup from my computers hard drive?
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    I had no issue installing v0.48 and it is working fine.
    I uninstalled old version, reset and hotsync.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Update: The .048 prc got corrupted during my download no fault of Tolian_Deluxeware - I re-downloaded 0.48 prc and now everything works fine so far.

If 0.48 is as least as stable in my case as 0.46 than I'm happy! :-)

Thanks TurboTiger for your reply above - it made me look for other possible problem why the update didn't work.

It does seem to keep all of its preferences when you install right over the old version - and doing it the other way of un-installing first makes it a more clean install where it forgets its preferences.

So it would be nice to know to have a more definitive answer - one previous post by Tolian_Deluxeware said it was ok to install right over a previous version and this last post said the opposite - which is it??

After playing with it for awhile version 0.48 feels faster tha .046 that I had :-))
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 03/27/2008 at 08:43 PM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p