Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    Delpita
    Thank you very much.
    All notices and suggestions are very important for me.
    As I see - The Weather app became much better with our customers help.

jpv123
    Each request take about 2000 bytes per session.

Simple example from my log files:
    Detailed information - 406 bytes
    Expanded information (It does not updates often than 6 hours) - 1483 bytes

Simple calculation showes (if you update weather each 1 hour):
    For one day:
    - Detailed 406 * 24 = 9744 bytes
    - Expanded 1483 * 4 = 5932 bytes
    -------------------
    Total: 15,31 KBytes

For one month: 15,31 KBytes * 30 = 459,3 KBytes

So on, about 0.5 Mb for one month.

Thank you for good question. Hope it should interesting for other customers.

Ohappydaye
    Thank you for posting at Brighthand. Sorry, I can not to control few different forums.

meyerweb
    It is possible to increase timeout for keyguard for non-Treo devices. (It has my handler)
    But no way to increase time for Treo's keyguard. It works like standard system keyguard. I must to look for this issue. Please give me a little time for.

MouseGlider
    Ok. It is not problem for me, but I must to discuss that with designer.

Thank you folks!
    Last edited by Tolian_Deluxeware; 03/23/2008 at 08:49 AM.
    Any chance of adding radar maps in the future? That is a must-have feature for me (currently using 4Cast.)
    No apologies needed my friend, I just need to remember to post in both places.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohappydaye View Post
    No apologies needed my friend, I just need to remember to post in both places.
    Yes, +1
    Current Radar depictions in motion as a button would be awesome too.
    Tollian, is there a way you can make available from the program a button or menu item to "autoupdate" to download the latest release or updates and install it?
    That would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    Tollian, is there a way you can make available from the program a button or menu item to "autoupdate" to download the latest release or updates and install it?
    That would be great.
    I agree. That would be a nice enhancement.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Hello!

Chimmer
    Good idea! But our content provider does not provide radar information.
    We must to look for other channel to get radar info.

Aviator, TurboTiger
    This feature works in automatic mode from the first version of Weather app.
    Each time Palm device get information about new version from our server and request about update when Weather application started (if the newest version bigger than current).
    But our public version is 0.24. And Weather application never known that the new version is available.
    Ok. I think we can make next version (0.46) as public. And you will see how auto-update feature is working.

Thank you. It is always pleasure for me discuss Weather with you.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Has "Auto-Update settings" added an option for every 24 hours (in version 0.46)? If not that, how about a specific time of day? That way I could have my TX run an update at 6:00am each day before I go to work. I can't be sure I'll be around a wifi connection each 12 hours, but I will be at home at 6:00am.

I think the radar screens would be a nice addition - especially since Weather is such a graphical application.

The new "Actual" message displayed during update might mean more to people if it said "Current" or "Unchanged", but current is better (IMO).

ps. I guess I'll have to read here more often too. I've been talking about this at other Palm forums. I suppose we should stop bragging about this app so the servers can keep up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_L View Post
    ......The new "Actual" message displayed during update might mean more to people if it said "Current" or "Unchanged", but current is better (IMO).
    I vote for "Unchanged" or if there are too many characters - then the word "Current".
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Has "Auto-Update settings" added an option for every 24 hours (in version 0.46)? If not that, how about a specific time of day? That way I could have my TX run an update at 6:00am each day before I go to work. I can't be sure I'll be around a wifi connection each 12 hours, but I will be at home at 6:00am.
    Sorry, but 0.46 has not any modifications for auto-update. It has hot-fixes only.
    But we are planning to create "Advanced Scheduled" in one of future updates.
    I hope it coming very soon. Don't worry about. Please give me a little time.

I think the radar screens would be a nice addition - especially since Weather is such a graphical application.
    We shall to develop it in future.

The new "Actual" message displayed during update might mean more to people if it said "Current" or "Unchanged", but current is better (IMO).
    Ok. I am not understand a lot in nuances of English language.
    Of course, I replace "Actual". Thank you for notice.

Thank you folks for useful information. You are best as usual.
    It has been a pleasure for me to help with testing such a useful and attractive application.
    Experience is what you get when you thought you were getting something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolian_Deluxeware View Post
    But we are planning to create "Advanced Scheduled" in one of future updates. I hope it coming very soon. Don't worry about.
    I'm not worried, and I'm happy if you take your time, but I will also look forward to advanced scheduling options. For me once a day at the same time each day would be ideal.
    Quote Originally Posted by FerdFerd View Post
    I'm not worried, and I'm happy if you take your time, but I will also look forward to advanced scheduling options. For me once a day at the same time each day would be ideal.
    Yes I agree, a 24 hour update function would be great in that regard. Every morning the updated weather could be waiting for me.
    Hello all!

The new version 0.46 with hot-fixes were released.
    I have not post it here. You can see how auto-update working.

And total modifications from 0.24 - 0.46:
    - Skins for "Weather-guard"
    - "Weather-guard" has battery level and signal strength now
    - Custom backgrounds with JPEG-support(non-progressive)
    - "Weather-guard" for Treo devices were fixed
    - Auto-update for Palm TX were fixed
    - Weather does nor brake exist connections now
    - Auto-update does switches off and lock display if it were disabled before
    - Few minor bugs was fixed

And also few notices:
    - Weather showes the notification screen after application start up. It does not breakes your current session.
    - Please don't forget to enable "Auto-update" (if needed) because when the version is expired - auto update would be disable.
    - Background should be restored after soft-reset.

Thank you!
    Last edited by Tolian_Deluxeware; 03/25/2008 at 11:20 AM.
    [quote=Tolian_Deluxeware;1424486]Hello!

Chimmer
    Good idea! But our content provider does not provide radar information.
    We must to look for other channel to get radar info.

I use wunderground for my radar www.mobile.wunderground.com

Its a good site and, until i got this app, its what i used for current conditions and forcast, it still has more info on it, but not as quick and easy.
    is it me or does the full app (not keyguard) popup slower from another app than before - maybe busy server?.

example lets say you have the weather icon on your manin screen and you click on it to open the main app up - it seems slower to open?

heck, it could be my phone also - but it feels like about 1 second slower - no big deal, but seems weird
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post

I use wunderground for my radar www.mobile.wunderground.com

Its a good site and, until i got this app, its what i used for current conditions and forcast, it still has more info on it, but not as quick and easy.
    Thank you for link. But still question about license.
    We have agreements with www.customonlineservice.com but no agreements with mobile.wunderground.com
    We would solve this issue before implementation of radar information.
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    is it me or does the full app (not keyguard) popup slower from another app than before - maybe busy server?.

example lets say you have the weather icon on your manin screen and you click on it to open the main app up - it seems slower to open?

heck, it could be my phone also - but it feels like about 1 second slower - no big deal, but seems weird
    We had modified engine for background. It use file streaming now. which can working a little slower than previous version. But background image can be restored now.
    It seems working more correctly but a little slow.
    Possible bug...

I was listening to a podcast using Kinoma.

Weather did a scheduled update and killed the Internet connection...I kept getting a socket error.

I couldn't use Kinoma, Weather or Blazer. I had to turn the phone off to fix the problem.

This was with version 0.45
    Step up and be Green!

Take the stairs rather than the elevator. It's good for you, it's good for the Earth, it's good for all of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolian_Deluxeware View Post
    Thank you for link. But still question about license.
    We have agreements with www.customonlineservice.com but no agreements with mobile.wunderground.com
    We would solve this issue before implementation of radar information.

I doubt wunderground would give you a license, but they have to get the radar from somewhere themselves, wonder where?

BTW, where is .46 it was not on post 177 a second ago