1.    #1  
    The unlocked GSM Centro is selling at US$300.00.

Just found it in Expansys HK.

http://www.expansys.com.hk/p.aspx?i=162933
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Just sent them an email to confirm GSM version - details say CDMA
    Wai Leung
    Palm IIIx, Palm IIIc, Handspring Visor, GSPDA G18, T650
    The phone shown on the link is indeed a CDMA EVDO unit. Hong Kong (where I think it's located) has CDMA.

2,330.00 HKD = 298.699 USD
    Hong Kong Dollars United States Dollars

But further in their description they say this:
    The SKU we have is for the E.U model, which should be Quad band (850/900-1800/1900) GSM/GPRS/EDGE Class 10.

I have asked the product manager to confirm and update the page if needed.

Yoni,
    eXpansys Product Support,
    Forum Search

Seen here:
    http://www.expansys.com.hk/ft.aspx?k=106085

Here's a GSM one they are selling, but it's the Treo 500:
    http://www.expansys.com.hk/d.aspx?i=161307
    Last edited by RickMG; 02/16/2008 at 10:56 PM.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    The phone shown on the link is indeed a CDMA EVDO unit. Hong Kong (where I think it's located) has CDMA.
    From what I know, Hong Kong is using the GSM 900 and GSM 1800. That's why I assumed that this is the GSM model. Also the Palm Centro page is shown up on Feb 14th.

Is US$300 a good price for an unlocked GSM Centro?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Virtually no-one in Hong Kong uses CDMA these days, and no-one would be interested in buying a CDMA phone here. USD300 would be a great price as the alternative is to get something from the UK, wasting time and money that way.
    Wai Leung
    Palm IIIx, Palm IIIc, Handspring Visor, GSPDA G18, T650
    Quote Originally Posted by TPGolfer View Post
    Virtually no-one in Hong Kong uses CDMA these days, and no-one would be interested in buying a CDMA phone here. USD300 would be a great price as the alternative is to get something from the UK, wasting time and money that way.
    You're right. I was thinking China when I wrote that last night. I know that I was told that my Verizon phone would roam in most of China. I was assuming that since Hong Kong is now part of China, it was the same. Still, that phone shown and described is CDMA.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  7. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    They also list the colors as "Ruby, Onyx and Pink"--looks like they just copied specs from the Sprint one and didn't check first.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    They also list the colors as "Ruby, Onyx and Pink"--looks like they just copied specs from the Sprint one and didn't check first.
    I'm glad I happened to discover this thread. The only reason I didn't buy a white one from ATT on Friday was my wife REALLY wants a pink one. When I saw the ad for an unlocked, pink GSM Centro, I was VERY tempted to order one. I don't think so, now.
    tim