Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Does anyone know where the post is in which the author demonstrated his/her modification of the 755p battery compartment so it would accept 650/700 batteries? My 7 or 8 spare batteries are no good to me now unless I can MAKE THEM WORK.

I've typed my fingers to bloody nubs and I cant find it. I know it's here somewhere. Huh, maybe I saw it somewhere else...no, it was here. Now where the heck did I see it...
    Last edited by groupsix; 02/16/2008 at 03:52 AM. Reason: paragraph
    Pushing the Boundaries of Disorganization
    Don't bother, not only are you voiding your 755p's warranty, you'll also need to get an extended battery cover.

I was sold all five of my 650's batteries for $20 each. Try starting threads here and on HowardForums.
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    The post was very specific, with photos. The modification was very subtle and if my memory serves me correctly (which it rarely does), the mod was mostly to the battery. The last photo showed the 755, stock battery door closed tight, with the 650/700 battery in it.

Not too worried about the warranty. I go through Treos like Rolaids. Have 10 users carrying them for almost 3 years. Theres always some problem that The Almighty Hard Reset cant fix so I have too much experience with Verizon returns. Seems like as long as something that even vaguely resembles a Treo comes back in the "pre-paid mailer", they dont care. I cant imagine getting a call from some Verizon drone, asking why the battery door was drilled/shaved/scraped/whatever that post said. They refurb em and any part that flies off when you drop it from the roof of your house is expendable. Thats why I have so many batteries-I never send em back with the batteries in em. I'm lookin at a drawer full of 650/700 batteries, doors, styli and even a few whole Treos.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Oh...I tried a search but also came up with nothing.

I'm curious to see how he did it. I managed to get a 650/700 battery to make contact with the 755p's battery contacts and the device powered up, but I couldn't get it all the way in.

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Yeah, gotta find it, it looked pretty easy and like I said, the changes were minimal. Im gonna keep lookin, I'll post it when (if) I find it.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I listed my 2 extra 700p batteries on ebay 3 different times and couldnt give them away. They are new (had them for backups), and never ran into a situation where my cradle charger wasnt near by on low battery. My 700p was swapped out for a 755 through insurance and these batteries have been sitting ever since.

If anyone wants these for a fair price shoot me an offer! camdls at gmail dot com.

edit-Im interested to see how this works though. I have tested both batteries and they fit into my 755p/work just fine, but are obviously too thick for the battery door.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I was mistaken. The thread I was thinking of discussed using 650/700 batteries in the 755 with an extended battery door.

The thing that made it remarkable was the fact that I could use my old batteries at all, but not with the standard battery door. My bad. I guess the point was that if you want more battery time than what ships with the 755, but dont want top drop trou for new, higher mAh batteries, this was the answer. And that particular door (by item #) is not on Ebay at this time. Here is the link to that post:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=146208
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I just purchased on of these doors for my 755. Now I am able to use all my 700 batteries, including an extended. I just did a google search for a replacement door for a 750 and found one shipped for under $9. Its silver but actually matched the 755 quite nicely.
    Silver? That's interesting...no 755p is silver...

lol- that was my old post. cool
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    This makes me want to give this a try. I could use the old batteries and save a ton..............
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    The sides of my blue sprint are silver. can't speak for other color treos...
    Looks like the burgundy is the same:

http://www.100cute.com/wp-content/up...o755p____2.jpg
    I believe all Treos have that...

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    ...and found one shipped for under $9.
    Well, dont keep it a secret. WHERE? Silver is fine with me, I dont care if my green 755p looks like a 755c (Circus)
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    hmm, gonna try to "hack" a 700 extended battery door I got off TC a while ago tomorrow................................... I will let you know how it goes. I plan on using a dremel and a file once I cut a template from the 755 cover.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    So giving it a test fit and the door is way to wide. on to ebay!
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Try this site:
    http://www.eforcity.com/extended-bat...iJp-j9AyD575kr

I am pretty sure this is where I got mine.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I bit!! 2.99 &5.99 shipping. I can live with silver and save $50 bucks.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Get a black polymer extended skin case and it wont matter if the battery door is paisley.

Seidio makes one for $24.95

So, the eforcity $2.99 extended door fits the 755? Their site says it's for the 750. One and the same? They also have all metal styli, $2.99
    Last edited by groupsix; 02/22/2008 at 05:30 PM. Reason: added a line
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast