Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I did a visual comparison and it was the same contact points. I figure that I I can try I it and see.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theecigarman View Post
    I bit!! 2.99 &5.99 shipping. I can live with silver and save $50 bucks.

Did it come yet? Huh? Huh?
    Pushing the Boundaries of Disorganization
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I got it last night. Works like a charm. It is silver but a little different than the side rails. It also took some slight manipulation to make it fit, but it does and is seemless.

I attached images for ya.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Jeepers, Mr. Wilson, that looks just swell! Mine is green too. Since I'll be saving so much between that door and my batteries, maybe I'll get Seidio's black polymer extended battery skin case. Gettin close to Best of Both Worlds.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    that's a great idea!! I thought about that too. I ended up having to buy an extended battery on vacation this last weekend via a sprint store (who was the only place in a city of over 150,000 people and only had one!) and the cover was blue. It didn't look to bad. I will probably go the route you are with the black case, because my wife would prefer the matching silver look. (I think she would prefer the COACH look over any of them.)

as far as the green goes, it's the only cover VZW offers. I would have like an orange or burnt amber color myself. I even saw an orange one on screen at a VZW store about 6 months ago.............................
    Last edited by theecigarman; 02/27/2008 at 07:46 PM.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    So playing with this a little more and realized I was using the cover I bought for the 750 from eforcecity and attached it to the 755 using the extended battery (2400 mh)made for the 755. I popped in the extended battery made for a 700 by Seidio (3200 mh) and there is a big difference in fit and feeling. The 3200mh battery seems to fit ok, but I will need to trim the tabs to get it to sit flush. Also, the battery seems to be thicker on one side than another causing the left side of the 750 battery cover to not sit flush with the side of the 755. The cover also seems to place pressure on the back of the phone and caused the card to become not recognized at power up. I ejected the card and reinserted the card and it seems to be fine.

I am going to trim the tabs that hold the battery in place to see if I can adjust the tabs and make it sit better in the tray. Everything works fine, charges and powers up no issues.

Using the 2400 mh battery I am usually @ 60% by noon. Using the 3200 mh battery I am at 89% at noon. I gotta make this work!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    Yeah the 3200 battery is awesome.

The black + silver actually looks pretty good.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    Yeah the 3200 battery is awesome.

The black + silver actually looks pretty good.
    I love the bigger battery. I use chatter for 4 email accounts, 4cast and a 1400 min a month plan and unlimited text and I eat battery power like crazy.

As far as the color, it is actually the green from vzw. But the cover is the same color as the side panels. It seems that most wouldn't mind this finish.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    I've used the 650/700 batteries in the 755 a few times at the beginning. But after buying the (admittedly expensive) Seidio 2100mAh 755 replacement battery I haven't looked back. AND, I have a spare OEM 755 battery for looong days.

Biggest problem for me about the "rumpshaker" backpack doors is that I can't drop the device into one of my many cradles for charging and syncing. Palm dropped a doodey by putting in even skimpier batteries than the prior models, but I prefer to be able to use my cradles over saving the money from the old batteries. Sell or give them to someone with a 650 or 700w/p, or keep 'em around for desparation power.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Assuming you haven't already invested in a cradle, they do have cradles that work with the 3200 battery though.
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    Assuming you haven't already invested in a cradle, they do have cradles that work with the 3200 battery though.
    correct, just like this one.

http://store.treocentral.com/store_i...large/1105.jpg

http://store.treocentral.com/seidio-.../6A39A1105.htm

I have one for sale btw, pm me if needed --havent posted it in the market place yet (too lazy)
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    The silver extended battery door from eforcity came (and two all metal styli).
    Works great with my 650/700 batteries. I ordered Seidio's black polymer extended battery skin case. In all the photos of of that case, the the 'hump' in the back looks wider than the hump on this door, but just might be an illusion. I want to see how it will fit in 2 different Speck clip holsters I have that came with Tough Skins for a 650 and a 700. A clear one with a curved open bottom and a smoked one with the 'cupped' bottom. Being several mm shorter than the 650/700, it could go either way-thickness of the skin.

If thats a bust, than its either or Seidio's Holster for Treo 755p, Treo 750 ($$) or Speck's Skin Tight w/ Holster for Treo 755p (then I'll have a black standard battery skin too). It'll go in screen first either way. The pivotal question: is the point where the extended battery bay flanges out from the body high enough to not interfere with the bottom of the holster.

I think maybe I need to get out more.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12