Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This might be a dumb question, but yesterday while I was quite busy with something else, my DD, who is usually quite fidgety in such situations, was totally engrossed with my Centro. After completing my business, I asked her what she was looking at and she said "That's So Raven" on Disney channel. I FLIPPED! I thought she had signed up for service somehow. When I got home and told my DH about it, he said, no you don't have to pay for some stations. While sitting in the airport he had flipped through all of the links under Sprint tv and Disney channel was one of the free ones -- he knew this because those that cost clearly stated so before you could watch.

Can this be true? that you can get some tv stations LIVE for free? I'm dreading getting our Sprint bill if both DH and DD have inadvertently signed up somehow!
    John 3:16
    For what it is worth, that is what I was told by a Sprint CS. Never tried it myself.
    It's true - live CNN too. To all the other parents out there - keep this too yourselves. Otherwise you may never see your device again.
  4.    #4  
    Whew! Thanks, Izzi and Deibelsan. I'm clueless about how much this extra stuff costs and somehow in my mind I pictured a per kb charge for all the tv you watch, if you do have to pay for it! I was too scared to call Sprint!
    Okay, on my Centro I have Sprint TV 1.1 and have non of those channels. Not CNN which I would love or the Disney Channel. Can someone post what version Sprint TV they have please? Is there somewhere I can download an upgrade?
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    It takes some digging around on Sprint's site, but this page should spell it out pretty clear, what you get included in the $15 Power vision, and what the other Vision packs include:
    http://datapack.sprint.com/PowerVisi...htm#AccessPack

99¢ music track downloads.
    Sprint Music
    10 radio channels including Top 20 Hits, Top Country Hits, Hip Hop/R&B & Sprint Exclusive Entertainment™ with exclusive video & artist interviews
    Sprint TV
    NFL Network, Disney Channel, The Weather Channel, Fox Sports, E!, CNN and Sprint Exclusive Entertainment™ with exclusive programs on music, sports and celebrity gossip.
    Sprint Navigation (pay per use/$2.99 per day)
    Dodge traffic, find the nearest restaurants or lowest gas prices. See your progress on a moving map with spoken turn-by-turn driving directions.
    Unlimited Web browsing and data access
    Sprint Mobile Email
    Sprint Picture Mail
    On Demand
    FREE NFL Mobile exclusively from Sprint
    In looking at my account (SERO) I see it says I have what's called EVDO Casual. I guess we don't have power vision, or even vision included. Maybe that's why I don't have CNN or the Disney Channel. Hmmm!
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by wheresmy600 View Post
    Can this be true? that you can get some tv stations LIVE for free? I'm dreading getting our Sprint bill if both DH and DD have inadvertently signed up somehow!
    I'm I the only one who doesn't know what DH and DD stand for?
    So where are u supposed to find the Disney Channel? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I know it would be great to have when my DD gives me that bored look.

And DH and DD are for Dear Husband and Dear Daughter.
    Could someone tell which channel the Disney Channel is, the number?
    You can actually get Sprint TV Premium pack for free through a simple url in Blazer...
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    You can actually get Sprint TV Premium pack for free through a simple url in Blazer...
    I saw the link, but have no idea of how to go about it. All I want is that one channel...yea, for my daughter.
    Disney Channel is under Sprint TV Access>Disney Channel
    Are you talking about MobiTV? there's a huge scandal right now over at howard forums, you can take the mobitv url, open it and get all the video feeds!
    It's pretty easy.

Go to: http://qtv.mobitv.com/sprintTVlive.mcd
    and SAVE it to your computer
    Then open it in notepad, wordpad, or any text editor, and you'll see the URLs, open those to get the tv shows.
    Disney Channel is under Sprint TV Access>Disney Channel
    Thanks, but is there a number channel associated with that?

Quote Originally Posted by nXt View Post
    Are you talking about MobiTV? there's a huge scandal right now over at howard forums, you can take the mobitv url, open it and get all the video feeds!
    It's pretty easy.

Go to: http://qtv.mobitv.com/sprintTVlive.mcd
    and SAVE it to your computer
    Then open it in notepad, wordpad, or any text editor, and you'll see the URLs, open those to get the tv shows.
    But it doesn't include Disney.
    has been for me...
  17.    #17  
    Could someone tell which channel the Disney Channel is, the number?
    I don't have any number associated with my channels.
    If you really want streaming tv, I would invest in a Slingbox. Or if you have/get a TV tuner card you can use Orb.

MobiTV (SprintTV) is crap quality and it still breaks up a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheresmy600 View Post
    I don't have any number associated with my channels.
    Thanks for the feedback!

If you really want streaming tv, I would invest in a Slingbox. Or if you have/get a TV tuner card you can use Orb.

MobiTV (SprintTV) is crap quality and it still breaks up a lot.
    I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I had a friend explain it to me, sounds like a very good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohappydaye View Post
    Thanks for the feedback!

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I had a friend explain it to me, sounds like a very good idea.
    Take it from me, Slingbox is a VERY good idea.
    Worth every penny.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast