1.    #1  
    Searching the forum for this topic didn't work... too many things have the word "find" in them.

I want a replacement for the Palm OS "find" application. I want it to have a configuration setting that will allow it search the current app first, then others.

For example, if I'm in Contacts and hit FIND, it should search in Contacts first, then in the other palm apps.
    I am still using Findhack ver 4.0.6 which is old, but serves my needs.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, I used to use that on my old Palms but I don't have any other needs for hacks on my current Treo 680 so don't wanna run that if I don't have to.

TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by bnobles View Post
    Yeah, I used to use that on my old Palms but I don't have any other needs for hacks on my current Treo 680 so don't wanna run that if I don't have to.

TIA
    FindHack is just the legacy name, it's not a 'hack'. It's a standalone application, kind of like FontSmoother used to be a hack, etc..
    What you are asking for is exactly what the "built-in" find app does. So what more are you looking for?

I use WindFind that does that, but allows you to launch a browser and search the web too.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    It is true that the built-in find app starts the search with the current application. However, there is a problem on the Treo 680 with the Contacts application. That's because all it does when launched is switch to the contacts view of the Phone application. So, when you hit find, you're starting the search from the Phone app, not Contacts.
    Genius from Hobbyist