1.    #1  
    I have kinoma. What is the process to put a movie on my palm from a DVD. I am still learning about my phone.

Thanks for your help!!!
    I think the easiest is to encode the movie for mpeg4; use one of those encoding programs that encodes video for an ipod. Of course you have to rip the raw .vob files from the DVD first (with a different program) and save them on your PC. Then just take your card and use a card reader on your computer and drag and drop the video onto your miniSD card. Kinoma will find it once you re-install the card.
    Last edited by dollface; 02/15/2008 at 01:10 PM.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    I think you can also use Orb on your pc to stream to kinoma if you want (after encoding it to an mpeg or whatever from dvd of course).
    Quote Originally Posted by Korendog View Post
    I have kinoma. What is the process to put a movie on my palm from a DVD. I am still learning about my phone.

Thanks for your help!!!
    There are many threads on the subject. Try this one for a start ...

Step by step, ripping a DVD for Treo for FREE

I personally use the commercial Pocket DVD Studio for an easy one-step conversion from DVD to .avi . Then a cardreader to transfer the .avi to the SD card.
    If you don't mind using two apps, you can use DVD Decrypter (free) to rip the video files from the DVD. Then use Pocket DivX Encoder (free) to convert the video file into an .avi file which you can put onto your card. Both are easy to use.
    Last edited by dollface; 02/20/2008 at 07:36 PM.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  6.    #6  
    Thank you for your help to all. I will put it to good use.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post

I personally use the commercial Pocket DVD Studio for an easy one-step conversion from DVD to .avi . Then a cardreader to transfer the .avi to the SD card.
    I downloaded the trial for Pocket DVD Studio last night and tried one of the movies I own - whoa, I may have to spring for this one! It is so easy and so fast. Thanks!