Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I have MunduRadio. Would that interfere with PocketTunes Internet radio? When I open ptunes, under tools, I have no Internet radio.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    hmm... $99 for a new white AT&T Centro, which I may be switching carriers too from T-Mobile.

Is it $99 no matter what data plan u purchase?
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
  3.    #43  
  4.    #44  
    I spent $200 on mine. I have a $100 mail in rebate. I have been a ATT customer for 40 days and I started out with the Treo 750. They were nice enough to give me the promo price. I will be selling my 750 and 680 soon. Then it will basically be free.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    so wait... if I switch to AT&T and sign a brand new contract... $200 or $99? I think its with a $30 data plan, or is that just the Sprint deal?

looks snazzy! I might wanna grab one when I switch to replace my 680. 1.3mp camera right?
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    wow! looks great! thanks smileyboy!
    diane
    Quote Originally Posted by Codeworks View Post
    Go in to Pocket Tunes, and choose the Options, Tools, Internet Radio. Then from there try to stream. It should not load up Kinoma.

If you could try that, I would appreciate it. Thanks!
    There is no internet radio option under tools in the "deluxe" version of PocketTunes included on the AT&T Centro! I supposed that they have deleted it to sell XM radio. I even downloaded an "4.0.6 update"- still no Dice.
    You have to use the web browser to Shoutcast or treobits stations- then Kinomo opens- no option for PocketTunes Internet Radio???
    They're just tech Toys Folks, There IS a higher power.
  8.    #48  
    Yep. I already own ptunes deluxe, So that's what I installed for internet radio. Its a bummer but Ptunes is well worth it, to me anyway
    I am confused. One person has stated (SmileBoy) that you can stream internet radio using Pocket Tunes Deluxe, but the post above states that you cannot.

Has anyone else tried? Can you verify that you can or cannot stream Internet Radio using the included Pocket Tunes application on the ATT Centro?

Thanks.
  10.    #50  
    That's my fault. I loaded Ptunes Deluxe on my device from My Saved Software folder from my Mac. Since it is my own purchased copy, intenet radio worked great. I have used Ptunes for quite sometime and am very familiar with it. So I know how to use the internet radio on the app. I didn't see the Radio Singal/Tower in Ptunes when I fired up my device for the first time. All streaming I tried to do didn't work with the version of Ptunes already loaded in ROM. Sorry for the prior misinformation.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Kinda sad it doesnt have 3g......
    Thanks for the clarification on the internet radio. Much appreciated.
  13.    #53  
    Oh well, The only thing 3G is good for is Slingplayer/ Video. And It is working fine for me.
    I had a 750 with 3G, It not only kills the battery but no apps really take advantage of it. If I need higher web speeds, I'll use my iPod Touch with Wifi or my 3G Card.

Palm OS doesn't support 3G on GSM.
    You should get a Sprint Centro, they have EVDO for theirs.
  14.    #54  
    Thanks for the clarification on the internet radio. Much appreciated.
    Yep no problem
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Go in to Pocket Tunes, and choose the Options, Tools, Internet Radio. Then from there try to stream. It should not load up Kinoma.

If you could try that, I would appreciate it. Thanks!
    OK, I remembered smileyboy had this problem last week and now it's me. I went to the NormSoft website to read the full manual on PocketTunes Deluxe, so I wouldn't have to ask too many questions. It indeed says there is an option in the Tools menu called Internet Radio. I don't have this option!

I even made sure that I downloaded the most recent version (from 4.0.4 to 4.0.6). What's going on here?
    tim
    It looks like from what I am reading that unless you actually purchase the full version from Normsoft and install it over the one currently on the device, you will NOT get Internet radio.

Somehow ATT has managed to disable that functionality from its installed version as well as upgrades unless you install a completely new Deluxe version over it.

The reason for this is that ATT sells its XM radio and Media services as part of a monthly subscription and they do not want Pocket Tunes to interfere with those revenues.

That is all speculation of course... However, it makes sense. I just dont like it.

As I see it I am already losing 3g capabilities with the ATT version over Sprint and on top of that, I now have to spend extra to take advantage of functionality that was in the Sprint version and removed from the ATT version.

Just my thoughts.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    It looks like from what I am reading that unless you actually purchase the full version from Normsoft and install it over the one currently on the device, you will NOT get Internet radio.

Somehow ATT has managed to disable that functionality from its installed version as well as upgrades unless you install a completely new Deluxe version over it.

The reason for this is that ATT sells its XM radio and Media services as part of a monthly subscription and they do not want Pocket Tunes to interfere with those revenues.

That is all speculation of course... However, it makes sense. I just dont like it.

As I see it I am already losing 3g capabilities with the ATT version over Sprint and on top of that, I now have to spend extra to take advantage of functionality that was in the Sprint version and removed from the ATT version.

Just my thoughts.
    Wow, Codeworks, that really stinks. Is there any other workaround? (i.e., can I use an online player, like yahoo's launchcast, or similar?)

Thanks for your wisdom.
    tim
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    Is there any other workaround? (i.e., can I use an online player, like yahoo's launchcast, or similar?)
    I'm not sure if this qualifies as a workaround, but Kinoma Media Guide provides instant access to a few hundred streaming radio stations, and the upgrade cost to Kinoma Player is minimal for Centro users (Google "kinoma secret upgrade discount").

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
  19.    #59  
    now that the Centro/ATT uses my EDGE connection better, I can actually use Kinoma for Streaming. It is wonderful with tons of content. However until background operation is an option, can't even be compared . IMHO.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    I'd rather buy Kinoma 10x over than pay a penny to AT&Tor Sprint for some lame streaming bloatware subscription :-)
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast