1.    #1  
    Does anyone have any idea what full, non-contract, retail price of the Centro will be on AT&T?
    My guess is $399 since that is the "No Contract" price on Sprint. It could always be plus/minus $50, but I think that is a really good ballpark number to work with.

Here is a link on Palm's page.
    Thanks,

Chad Garrett
    I got mine off eBay for around $275, shipped.

If the product is brand new (clean, never used ESN), whatever insurance plan you have will cover your new phone. I suggest you already have the plan before buying the phone...Just seems like a good idea.

Look for eBay sellers with good reviews from people who bought phones. Look for eBay sellers that are selling new phones on a regular basis-eBay storefront. You can find people competing for new phones (bidding), but you can also find sellers that are selling outright (How they get these phones-I have no idea).

Get your new phone, call Sprint and tell them you want to activate your new phone.

I've done this twice, with Sprint, with two different phones (LG Rumor).

Zero problems.

Honestly, I don't think I'm ever going to sign another contract. If you love the latest and greatest phones, why lock yourself into a contract where you have to pay $200+ for cancellation.

Read an issue of Consumer Reports and they recommended not signing a contract and looking for phones through alternate sources.
  4.    #4  
    I will answer my own question. the buy outright price is 349$.

I got a little hands on time with the unit at a local store. its one of those ugly looking phones that almost draws you in because of the color screen.

however, the lack of 3g is a step back for me. I own Sprints Centro and through EVDO, Slingbox and streaming music are excellent on the device. not sure I want to give that up with EDGE.

just my thoughts.
  5.    #5  
    Since I am 10 months out from a renewal on my line, is it possible for any dealers to cut any type of breaks when paying full price, maybe even $100 or so?

Or is $350 pretty much the final price for anyone not signing a 2 year contract?

Thanks.
    Wheel and deal. that's what I did. got mine for $200 with $100 mail in. Btw the out the door price is $377 and some change.
  7.    #7  
    Did you get that $200 price without any type of renewal or anything?

I have 5 lines on my family plan all done by the same rep at a corp store. I asked him if there was any type of deal he could do for me on the Centro and he said no.

I was hoping with what I have purchased there in the last 5 years, he could cut me a break of some type, but not even $50.

Suggestions?
    Hi folks,

Just got off phone with AT&T Premier Business accounts division (I'm covered by the employee account with the largest public university in the country, State Univ. of New York). They say that the $99 Centro price after rebate only applies to NEW service, not "upgrades" from one device to another. Doesn't matter that I've had my Treo 650 for 3 years. Their best price is $199 for Centro, no rebate offered. This contrasts with the new price for the Treo 680, can't remember the new price, but the refurb price is $79.

Looks like I'll be buying a Treo 680, huh?

-- Josh
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steinbej View Post
    Hi folks,

Just got off phone with AT&T Premier Business accounts division (I'm covered by the employee account with the largest public university in the country, State Univ. of New York). They say that the $99 Centro price after rebate only applies to NEW service, not "upgrades" from one device to another. Doesn't matter that I've had my Treo 650 for 3 years. Their best price is $199 for Centro, no rebate offered. This contrasts with the new price for the Treo 680, can't remember the new price, but the refurb price is $79.

-- Josh
    It's amazing what companies will do to get new customers, and then the crap they will give them once they are customers!
    tim
    Quote Originally Posted by steinbej View Post
    Hi folks,

-- Josh
    i dont think thats correct. theres other people who have bought things like the tilt and such, and use the same rebate form. Those people have received their rebates no problem. The only thing to worry about was to have the proper data plan/messaging plan on your bill when the rebate is processed. After the rebate, many of these people have even changed their plans to have the lower rate plan.

not to mention, during checkout on premier, it kept reminding me to check out the rebate!