1.    #1  
    I installed the Treo 680 update the day it was released and assumed it worked as I can now import MP3 ringtones. However, checking the Palm.com/uk site it says my 680 should report its version as 2.12ROW where as mine says 1.12ROW.

Did my upgrade not work, or is this another new update?

Thanks,

Steve
    The original was 1.04ROW and , if I am not mistaken, as of this posting date, the current is 1.12ROW
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenlcroucher View Post
    I installed the Treo 680 update the day it was released and assumed it worked as I can now import MP3 ringtones. However, checking the Palm.com/uk site it says my 680 should report its version as 2.12ROW where as mine says 1.12ROW.

Did my upgrade not work, or is this another new update?

Thanks,

Steve
    Yes there is a new update for the rest of the world.
    The download from ur UK site is update version 2.12ROW.

Just download it and then run it to update ur treo to v2.12, which is more stable than v1.12.
    I'm experiencing the random "on and off" issue that others have posted about since the 1.12 update...

So... can we folks in the USA successfully use the 2.12 update from the UK site? Is it any better?

Also, the UK site shows an SD card update option, but you can only download the file via the Mac OS or Windows Vista link. I'm on Windows XP... So do we use the SD updater that's shown under the Windows Vista link?

-Mark
    Last edited by mhzimmer; 02/17/2008 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Clarify
    Quote Originally Posted by mhzimmer View Post
    I'm experiencing random "ons and offs" that others have posted about since the 1.12 update...

Can we folks in the USA successfully use the 2.12 update from the UK site? Is it any better?

Also, it shows an SD card update option, but you can only download the file using the Mac OS or Windows Vista link. I run Windows XP... So do we use the SD updater shown under Windows Vista?
    You can download and use the 2.12 update from the UK site.

The Palm update page states: "If you have multiple smartphones to update, you can use an SD expansion card to install the update without needing to synchronise with a desktop PC. Because the update erases the device, make sure end users have performed a full HotSync operation and fully backed up their data before installing this software.
    Requires blank SD expansion card* and reader".

And for the:
    "Windows XP
    Windows 2000
    no expansion card needed".

This means the card it's not needed, not that it is forbidden, thus it is not mandatory to use the sync method.

Here in my country (Italy) we experience:
    improved GSM/GPRS/EDGE signal strength in some areas, better audio, somewhat better battery charging operations.
    Newton >(Palm TX standby)-Treo680 - Apple Powrbook G4 Mac-OSX
    So is 2.12 really different than 1.12 (or is it just 1.12 with other available languages added)?
    I've had freezes with both 1.12 and 2.12. Maybe more with the 2.12.
    Sucks that the MMS sending functionality has been removed in 2.12 , that must be a bug IMO, suggest people log a ticket to Palm :

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...i=9,T=Escalate
    Hi Tom,

I'm using 2.12 and can still send mms. Are you using a customized version?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    Hi Tom,

I'm using 2.12 and can still send mms. Are you using a customized version?
    Not using anything currently, maybe the 2.12 version I put on 4shared was missing some MMS related files, who knows.... I didn't test it :/
    I have a 2.12 #2 Custom ROM on my 680. Should I do the official 1.12 update? is it worth it, any substantial difference?
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    so whats the difference between loading the UK version on an unbranded USA Treo and the US version?
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
  13.    #13  
    I've just put the 2.12 upgrade on and so far found the following:

• Battery life is much better.
    • The 100k MMS restriction with Orange Sim cards has gone.
    • The SMS recipt option which appeared in 1.12 has vanished.

Seems ok apart from that.

Steve